Profile for Mike > Reviews

Content by Mike

Mike "Photomike" (Derbyshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Photoshop Elements 14 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop Elements 14 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' book, 27 Jan. 2016
This is the book thats a 'must have' for Elements 14.
You simply look up the topic you want to learn how to do (this is extremely difficult to do with 'Photoshop Elements for Dummies') and you'll have simple step by step details of how to do it. You'll get a bit of humer as well! In the days before 'the cloud' - CS4/5/6 I always went to Scott Kelby's books for help. I think you will need some knowledge of Photoshop before reading Elements 14. Scott is the first to say (and he does in this book) that a book that covers everything would be impossible to pick up! You will however find this book very helpful indeed - buy it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2016 9:40 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this!, 13 July 2015
First the packaging - It's so good it not only well protects product, it looks and feels so good! I've kept it.
The net bag for storing/carrying is good as well.
I use a 1.8 Amp (came with my LG tablet) to charge my Anker Astro 5200mAh portable charger.
Takes around 4 hours when charger is down to around 20% full.
Anker charger will charge my LG mobile nearly 3 times.
What do you do when your about to go out and you realize mobile hasn't got much of a charge left?
I plug in the Anker charger and take that out with me as well! It's nice and compact.

HoMedics ODF-100-GB Outdoor Foot and Calf Vibration Massager
HoMedics ODF-100-GB Outdoor Foot and Calf Vibration Massager

4.0 out of 5 stars Relax those tired feet and legs, 9 Jan. 2013
The receiver of this present was very pleased with this massager. Very supprised at the power of the vibrations considering that it runs just on a couple of batteries.

Massager for Head / Scalp / Neck - Stress Relief & Relaxation Massage Equipment
Massager for Head / Scalp / Neck - Stress Relief & Relaxation Massage Equipment
Offered by Vertclair

4.0 out of 5 stars relax & have fun, 9 Jan. 2013
Given as a present and weas tried out by many friends - they were all suprised at the very pleasent and relaxing feeling it gave. Give it a try - you'll love it.

Mains Plug and 2 metre USB Sync & Charge Cable for E-book Reader / E-reader - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars holiday spare, 2 Dec. 2012
Bought this as we have a holiday van so now I don't have to remember the charger when I take my Kindle.
Works as expected and so it was very good value for money. Ignore stories about 'blowing up etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A regular user, 2 Dec. 2012
My wife has got through a number of tubs. She likes it's feel, easy to apply and finds it improves her skin.

The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday
The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday reading, 2 Dec. 2012
Easy to load onto Kindle.
Layout and ease of looking through articles made it a pleaser to read and use.
Certain to use it again.

Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad  	Waist 32-34" - Medium Black
Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 32-34" - Medium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling happy, 9 Sept. 2012
These cycling shorts I'm very happy to have purchased. I'm a 32 inch waist with a skinny legs and found the 'medium' fits me very well.
I've done about thirty rides of 7 to 20 miles in these shorts and have not had any sign of discomfort at all.
These shorts look well made and expect them to last me a very long time. a very good product - recommended.

BaByliss 2856DU Pro 200 Purple Nano Straightener
BaByliss 2856DU Pro 200 Purple Nano Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hair do, 22 July 2011
My wife liked this particular size straightener so much she has bought another one for use at home, as well as the one in our holiday caravan.
It's so much easier to use. Her hair comes almost down to her shoulders and this size has been ideal.

iWork '09: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
iWork '09: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
by Josh Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Pages' essential, 22 July 2011
I've been producing a photographic club 'Newsletter' using 'Pages' for a couple of years.
Now I've read the Missing Manual I've got a good idea of what I'm doing and understand why I had so many problems before.
I'm now creating a Newsletter that Club members like so much more; I'm getting compliments. And people are now volunteering articles for insertion into the Newsletter!
I'm actually having fun writing, and learning more about Pages too!
The point of the book is it's so much easier to find the bit you need than on a screen and get good, clear instructions.
A 'must buy' book.