Profile for Ms. S. E. Lay > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. E. Lay

Ms. S. E. Lay "The Raven Queen" (Oxfordshire, England)

Breville VBL062 Blend Active Personal Blender, 300 W - White/Green
Breville VBL062 Blend Active Personal Blender, 300 W - White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product That is Value for Money, 18 Feb. 2015
Excellent product, I love making smoothies with it. I haven't tried it with ice yet but I've heard it's fine. It has given me a real incentive to try new fruits and to eat more healthily - definitely recommended!

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances
Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances
by Neil Gaiman

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sample of Gaiman's Magic, 18 Feb. 2015
Neil Gaiman's stories are always full of magic, and although most have been published elsewhere, they still sweep you off to another world. I enjoyed reading (and re-reading) these apart from the Dr Who story, which lost me after a few pages (mostly because Dr Who bores me in general). 'Black Dog' was a welcome return for Shadow, and an engaging page-turner. And if you haven't read 'The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains' then it's included here in Trigger Warning and is a brilliant story. Die-hard Gaiman fans may be bored by the same tales, but new readers and those looking for a Gaiman-refresher won't go wrong by getting this newest anthology.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, but didn't take long to finish..., 2 Jan. 2012
I had high hopes for the third instalment of the Uncharted series and overall I wasn't disappointed. Nathan Drake is still a fantastic character and the game is a lot of fun. The storyline is interesting, though probably the weakest of the three games but the scenery more than makes up for this.

There are still copious amounts of bad guys to dispatch, which can get a little irritating when trying to look at all the details in the graphics and Drake doesn't seem as willing to stay behind pillars and boxes as in the previous games. I loved the location changes from London to a dilapidated chateau in France to a desert in the middle east. Chasing a caravan of bad guys through the desert on horseback was probably the most enjoyable bit of the game.

If you liked the previous Uncharted adventures, then I'm sure you'll enjoy this one just as much. It doesn't take long to finish, however, and I completed it in about 13 hours.

I just hope the next Nathan Drake outing is as enjoyable!

Supernatural - The Complete First Season [DVD] [2006]
Supernatural - The Complete First Season [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Supernatural TV Show Ever., 15 Dec. 2007
For me, this has to be one of the best things to ever emerge from the US. The acting, writing, directing, effects and sheer scale of this show is overwhelming. The main characters are superior to any others I have watched so far, which is helped enormously by the acting talents of Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles who, aside from being incredibly easy on the eyes, really make the Winchesters 'real.'
Some people have been complaining about the shoddy effects of the show but, to be honest, the monsters always have, and always will, be a backdrop to the fact that this show is all about the Winchester brothers.
All the episodes in Season 1 are fab - the weakest episodes being Route 666 or Bugs - and really help develop the characters.
I really cannot praise this show enough, Eric Kripke did a brilliant thing when he created it. Be warned though, the series finale is horrific and will leave you craving more.
Season 2 is even better, I just can't wait for the Season 3 DVDs!!

Red Dwarf: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (1988)
Red Dwarf: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (1988)
Dvd ~ Chris Barrie
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Dwarf Series 1, 18 Aug. 2007
My dad is the reason I started to watch Red Dwarf. I don't remember how old I was but being allowed to stay up and watch it was brilliant.
All the series are great (even the last two, which everyone seems to slate so much) and the characters are so real you can't help but like them, although Rimmer is by far the best.
If you like anything slightly out of the ordinary, big red spaceships, curries or top acting, then I strongly recommend Red Dwarf.