Profile for shyvix > Reviews

shyvix

All This And More
All This And More

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: All This And More (Kindle Edition)
Nice light read with some good humour. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much but once I'd started it I didn't want to put it down. Looking forward to the next one.

Christmas at Harrington's
Christmas at Harrington's

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good Christmas novel, 3 Dec. 2011
I loved this book. It was a real feel good novel, just right for the Christmas season. It is Christian literature with a message but, unlike a lot of Christian novels, it isn't in your face and inappropriately placed.

Medical Error: Prescription for Trouble Series #2
Medical Error: Prescription for Trouble Series #2

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 26 Nov. 2011
I enjoyed this story, on the whole. It would have got 5 stars, except for the bible and God references. While some of these were inobtrusive, others weren't and because of the latter I found all the references started to grate on me.
On a more positive note, I found the story to be well written and it kept me gripped. I didn't want to put it down until I'd finished it.

The Girl In The Coffee Shop
The Girl In The Coffee Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 26 Nov. 2011
This is basically a promo for another book. Half of the 'book' is a preview for another book by the author, which I didn't read because I felt so cheated. The Girl In The Coffe Shop isn't particularly well written and nothing really happens that isn't mentioned in the product description and isn't as exciting as the description makes out. I got this as a freebie and I really advise against paying for it.

The Search
The Search
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Search (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I was originally attracted to it by the search and rescue dogs plot, but there was so much more to it. This was the first Nora Roberts book I have read, so wasn't sure what to expect. At times I found myself slightly distracted from the plot wondering what genre the book is supposed to fall into (animal, romance, thriller?) but when I finally realised that it really didn't matter I got into the story and stayed up to 2 o'clock in the morning, needing to finish it before I went to sleep.
On the strength of this book I will be trying other Nora Roberts books.

Take No More (The murder mystery thriller): (US Edition) (James Blake Book 1)
Take No More (The murder mystery thriller): (US Edition) (James Blake Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 25 Mar. 2011
Plot was great and I was gripped. However, the frequent punctuation and grammatical errors and the number of times a wrong word was inserted in a sentence detracted from the experience. I would definately read any other books the author writes, but I would like them to be proofread better first.