Profile for J. K. Wardle > Reviews

Content by J. K. Wardle

J. K. Wardle "wardle57" (Isle of Man)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bridge Set - Premium Plasti-Coat Bridge Cards and Luxury Mahogany Case - Jaques of London
Offered by Jaques of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful complete set, 20 Sept. 2017
As a beginner I found this a very useful complete starter set.

Tide Times
Tide Times

2.0 out of 5 stars Location Problem, 24 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Tide Times (App)
My location, Peel Isle of Man, exists on the Web site but Alexa cannot seem to understand it. If favourite location could be typed into app, this problem could be easily solved.

SAMSUNG Gear Fit2 SM-R360 Sports Band Smartwatch - Black [Asia Version] (Large)
SAMSUNG Gear Fit2 SM-R360 Sports Band Smartwatch - Black [Asia Version] (Large)
Offered by WootekMobile

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Samsung failure; completely useless., 9 Mar. 2017
I have been a loyal Samsung customer for many years - my phone is a Galaxy Note 4, my tablet a Galaxy Tab A, I have three Samsung smart TVs and this is being typed on a Samsung laptop. Having recently received medical 'advice' (orders) to exercise more, I started to use the Samsung S-Health app and thought that a smart fitness watch would complement this. I ordered the Samsung Gear Fit 2, thinking it would be a good quality fitness and exercise tracker. How wrong I was. I received it in the morning, charged it, updated the software and linked it to the phone and S-Health App. Within an hour, as I read the instruction book and walked between my kitchen, dining room and lounge, the watch reported that I had climbed 14 flights of stairs, using an impressive number of calories. This continued through the morning until I was a third of the way up the Empire State Building, all without leaving my house! I did a factory reset - no difference. I searched the internet to find numerous reports of phantom steps and floor climbs, sometimes in people's sleep! With this level of inaccuracy in the first few hours of ownership, I felt I could not trust it to record anything meaningful. It is now on its way back for a refund. In the meantime linking it to my phone and S-Health has created a mess of my data. Even if you have a barge pole, don't touch this watch!

Arty Pie Cushion and Cover Throw Pillow (Stone 45) Jan van Kessel Still Life Insects

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 14 Feb. 2017

Arty Pie Cushion and Cover Throw Pillow (Stone 45) Jan van Kessel Shells, Butterflies and Insects

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 14 Feb. 2017

Big Box Art "Jan van Kessel Butterflies And Insects" Stone Backed Cushion Throw Pillow, Multi-Colour, 17 x 17-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 14 Feb. 2017

Big Box Art "Jan van Kessel Butterflies And Insects 2" Stone Backed Cushion Throw Pillow, Multi-Colour, 17 x 17-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 14 Feb. 2017
High quality cushions, well packaged and promptly delivered. Given my lounge a great 'natural history' theme. Great fun to identify the species illustrated!

Speaker Stand for Amazon Echo, UE Boom and Other Models - Protect and Stabilize Alexa by Wasserstein (Black)
Offered by Wasserstein Appliances

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand, 14 Feb. 2017
Excellent, sturdy stand for the Amazon Echo. I need something to protect the Echo in the kitchen, as it could be knocked over on the worktop. This stand gives extra width and weight and also protects against objects bashing into the Echo. The stand does not interfere in any way with Echo's function.

Manx Sea Fishing Shipping Forecast
Manx Sea Fishing Shipping Forecast

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful information for Manx residents and visitors, 7 Feb. 2017
Although designed for sea fishermen, this Alexa Skill is also useful to find out about conditions for ferry services, coastal conditions for beach visits and the tide times for rockpooling. Great to sea Isle of Man promotion as well!

Weather
Weather

2.0 out of 5 stars No information on wind speed in spoken forecast. It ..., 31 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Weather (App)
No information on wind speed in spoken forecast. It is blowing a gale with 40 mph gusts and all I am told is that it is cloudy. Wind speed forecast is important especially in a coastal town so please add to spoken report.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3