Profile for E. Jepson > Reviews

Content by E. Jepson

E. Jepson (Greasbrough South Yorkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars 3D Glasses, 11 May 2016
These glasses would not work on my LG 3D tv, I returned them to the seller who refunded me my money without hesitation, the seller was efficient in dealing with my refund, but the glasses would not work.

Hobson's Choice - 60th Anniversary Edition  [1954] [Blu-ray]
Hobson's Choice - 60th Anniversary Edition [1954] [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Charles Laughton

5.0 out of 5 stars This is British comedy at it's very best, Charles Laughton romps away with the film, 31 Aug. 2015
This is British comedy at it's very best, Charles Laughton romps away with the film, but special mention must also go to Brenda De Banzie for her portrait of Maggie the eldest daughter, I highly recommend this film to everyone who is interested in British cinema. the Blu Ray copy is excellent, the picture is as clear and as crisp as the day it was released on the cinemas.

The Universe in 3D [Blu-ray]
The Universe in 3D [Blu-ray]
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars it looked good when it arrived, 7 Aug. 2015
I cannot say too much about this product, it looked good when it arrived, but it was bought as a present for a friends birthday, my friend says he really enjoyed it, but I personally have not seen it, so I cannot comment on it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2016 12:07 PM GMT

Red Garters [DVD] [1954] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Red Garters [DVD] [1954] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars but I still enjoyed it. Of course what helps it are the ..., 26 April 2015
I bought this because I remember showing it when I worked as a projectionist, then it was way ahead of it's time with it's stylized sets and scenery, and I wanted to see if it was as way out as I remembered it.
And yes it still is, it may not be to every ones liking, but I still enjoyed it.
Of course what helps it are the voices of the two main leads, Rosemary Clooney and Guy Mitchell.
It's a pleasant enough way to kill a couple of hours.

Kiss Me Kate [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]
Kiss Me Kate [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars it is fantastic, I have waited over 60 years to see ..., 8 Mar. 2015
I have just purchased this film in 3D wow, it is fantastic, I have waited over 60 years to see this again as it was meant to be seen, the 3D effects are really outstanding....I did purchase on DVD many years ago, but this 3D version is a different film completely from the 2D version.
The singing of Katherine Grayson and Howard Keel, is out of this world.
The dancing of Ann Miller and Tommy Rall surpasses anything of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers, plus the contributions by Bob Fosse and Bobby Van, two very talented dancers themselves, make the dance routines really come to life.
I am now hoping that more of the 50's 3D films are to be released in the 3D format they were filmed in.
Thank you Warner Brothers for this fantastic film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 2:41 PM GMT

KeraFiber Hair Building Fibers, Blonde 12 g
KeraFiber Hair Building Fibers, Blonde 12 g

2.0 out of 5 stars I cannot give it more than 2 stars because I ..., 18 Aug. 2014
I cannot give it more than 2 stars because I bought it for a friend, I have had no feed back from them regarding this product.

The Man From Laramie [DVD]
The Man From Laramie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Arthur Kennedy
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man From Laramie, 2 July 2014
This review is from: The Man From Laramie [DVD] (DVD)
Another good film from James Stewart, picture and sound quality are very good and good acting from all concerned.

Storm Over The Nile [DVD] [1955] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Storm Over The Nile [DVD] [1955] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars but still a good story told in a straight forward manner, 2 July 2014
Another version of The Four Feathers, with footage from the earlier film inserted, but still a good story told in a straight forward manner.

The Seven Little Foys [1955] [DVD]
The Seven Little Foys [1955] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars seven little foys, 2 July 2014
Not the usual Bob Hope type of film, here he plays it straight, and does a good job, he does a dance routine with James Cagney, reprising his role of George M Cohan who he portrays in the film Yankee Doodle Dandy.

The Far Country [DVD] [1954]
The Far Country [DVD] [1954]
Dvd ~ James Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars The Far Country, 2 July 2014
This review is from: The Far Country [DVD] [1954] (DVD)
I love western films, and this is one of the best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4