Profile for Chaines1991 > Reviews

Content by Chaines1991

Chaines1991

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Reptile Vivarium Ceramic Bulb Lamp Heater Holder ES (E27 1" 25mm)
Reptile Vivarium Ceramic Bulb Lamp Heater Holder ES (E27 1" 25mm)
Offered by Aquapet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 9 Feb. 2014
I brought this lamp holder to replace my old plastic one which had developed an electrical fault.

Overall I am pleased with this product and for the price it appears to be of high quality, I found it easy to install and position in my vivarium and I can find no disadvantages to it that are worth mentioning.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Kärcher SC1.020 review., 9 Feb. 2014
Before purchasing this appliance I had looked at several other steam cleaners but finally decided to purchase the Kärcher based on the number of high reviews that it had received compared to other products of the same type.

I have had it for several months now and I am extremely impressed by its performance, my kitchen has never been so clean ! I can remember trying to clean the cooker & work tops with ordinary sprays and no matter how hard you try you can never get it all off (we've all been there) .... Not the case with the Kärcher once or twice over the top of the oven and it's spotless and I mean spotless which is especially gratifying for me being a bit of an OCD freak The extension poles make it very easy to clean the floor as well and all the attachments and cloths appear to be of high quality.

The only reason I did not give this product 5 stars is because it can sometimes leave an excessive amount of water on surfaces , especially when the steam gun has not been used for several minuets this can be rectified by ringing the steam cloth out though take care as it will be extremely hot!

Overall I am very impressed with the Kärcher and I would recommend it to anybody who takes pride in a clean and sparkling home!

A few tips : if the cloths become very dirty they can be washed through the washing machine or a bit of hot water and soap if you intend to re-use then straight after , also because I live in a hard water area I tend to use bottled water from my local supermarket or a filter kettle to prolong the life of my cleaner - this may be something to consider.

NZXT 140mm Performance Fan
NZXT 140mm Performance Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars NZXT FN-140 Enthusiast Performance Case Fan - 140mm, 15 Oct. 2012
I bought this fan to put into the front compartment of my NZXT Phantom computer.

If im absolutley honest, whilst i would consider myself to know the basics i have had little experience in performing any physical maintenance on my PC, so before buying this product i checked to see how to install it first. When i received the product i was impressed at how well built it was, it also comes with a molex connector and 4 screws. When it came to installing the fan it turned out to be incredibly simple and i had it working in a matter of minuites ! As a fan it works very well and seems to move plenty of air, it's also designed to work with the fan controller on an NZXT case.

My only critisism of this product is that the screws supplied with it were far too small , meaning i had to order the correct ones in first but this was a minor set back.

HDMI Cable 1.5M High Speed PRO GOLD HDMI Cable v2.0/1.4a 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K@60Hz Ultra HD Ethernet Audio Return Virgin BT - IBRA RED
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 1 Oct. 2012
I ordered one of these for my new computer/monitor set-up.

The item arrived on time and in basic packaging small enough to fit into my post box , none of that big bulky packaging that you might expect when buying a product like this which impressed me. For the price it's an absolute bargain and cable is extremely well made.

The picture quality is top class even when I'm on the desktop I like to admire the clarity of the picture, and when playing games or movies it really is breathtaking!

I would highly reccomend this product to anyone and at this price you can't say no.

Doom 64
Doom 64

5.0 out of 5 stars Doom 64, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Doom 64 (Video Game)
This is one of the first games that i got for my Nintendo 64 and 15 years on i still think this is a great game.

It has all the atmosphere and thrills that one might expect from a Doom game, and visually i would have to say that it is one of the more impressive Doom titles, the updated graphics only enhance the experience. The only thing that put me off this game was that at the time i found the controls on the N64 a little difficult to master,and at the time i found the game to be a bit too long but that is just me.

I havent played the N64 version in a long time (although i still own it) but i recently discovered a fantastic port for the PC called "Doom 64 Ex" which i have downloaded and it works very well and now i can enjoy the experience of this game once more i am determined to finish it this time :D

I would reccomend this game to anyone interested in classic doom games or just "shoot em up" in general.

RAGE (PC DVD)
RAGE (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rage (PC DVD), 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Initially when i heard about this game i was very curious , im a big fan of the Doom saga and ID's releases in general so i was looking forward to trying this new title.

Gameplaywise its pretty good , you will have access to a variety of weapons such as machine guns, rocket launchers and some more high tech weapons all of which will help you to survive against the many foes which wander about the world of Rage you will also be able to upgrade some of these weapons or even learn how to build tools that will give you access to certain areas or aid you in combat. The storyline (at least in concept) is not bad either and much like other titles made by ID software - in the sence that it can be quite dark and disturbing in places, however unlike titles such as Doom 3 where you are comitted to following a single path , you are permitted to roam just about anywhere you like and there are many side missions that you can take on besides those that contribute to the main story also avalable are vehicles that shorten the trip in this vast world or enter races to earn points and customise your ride, the level of detail is good in some areas but lacking in others.

Dis-advantages - the gameplay albeit "diverse" can be boring and repetitive if your not driving back and forth over and over again then your probrably re-visiting the same place(s) youve just been to. The PC version of the game has some major problems in regards to graphics too, i have experienced laggy gameplay or textures that do not load properly in game despite the fact that my system is more than adequite to run the game at its best, this is reported to be one in a number of ongoing issues with the game that is currently being addressed.

All in all i think this is a good game but like any game there are good poins and bad, personally it didnt blow me away but i would still reccomend this to anyone with an interest in roleplaying or just first person shooters in general however i would strongly suggest buying it on one of the other platforms, at least for the time being until some of the technical issues on the PC version can be fixed.

Command & Conquer: The First Decade (PC DVD)
Command & Conquer: The First Decade (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great collection - but there are problems., 25 Sept. 2012
Im an avid fan of the Command and Conquer franchise , so this was an absolute must for me.

It includes all the C&C games right up to Generals and it's expansion pack, it also comes with a handy interface so that you can access all your games from one menu , included is a bonus DVD that has interviews with some of the people that "made it happen"

Dis-advantages - even though the set is designed to run on XP I have experienced some compatability issues - the older games such as Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn do not run properly I've have also had problems running Tiberian sun but by far the most serious problem that occurred was with Red Alert 2. After installing the game I tried to launch it but to no avail shortly after I experienced problems with system stability resulting in me having to send it away to be repaired. Since then I have bought a new rig with windows 7 I haven't tried first decade yet as im told alot of the games will not work ,but I have heard that an "ultimate collection" is on the way that is compatable with later operating systems , hopefully it will fix a lot of these errors.

I'm giving this two stars , the games that did work worked well but It could have done without it wrecking my PC although this may be a problem specific to me. However despite the issues I've had i think this is still a fantastic collection and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in strategy or fans of the franchise.

Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe - C&C Generals & Zero Hour Expansion Pack
Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe - C&C Generals & Zero Hour Expansion Pack
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Command and Conquer Generals Deluxe, 25 Sept. 2012
I would consider myself a long term fan of the C&C franchise and when i heard about this game i just had to try it.

It has now been many years since i bought my copy of the deluxe edition and i have to say i think this is not only a great game by itself but a great addition to the franchise as a whole. Generals puts the player in control of 3 possible factions that you would expect to find in a modern-day conflict, each with its own distinct units and structures and each with their own strenths and weaknesses. What i like most about this game is how diverse the gameplay is , units can be upgraded with different special abilities that make them more effective in combat or against certain foes. For a game that was released back in 2003 the graphics are not bad either and its got a good storyline as well. Online play is quite addictive too, you can choose to go it alone or team up with some friends (or just someone) a ranking system keeps track of your wins/losses.

The expansion pack only extends the action, it adds some new units and structures and also a new game mode but the main difference is the introduction of sub-factions each with a specific advantage over the other that the player can use to his/her advantage but does have drawbacks, such as they will not have access to a paticular type of unit.

Im really struggling to come up with any bad points about either of thsese games, perhaps all i could really say is that compared to the more modern stragegy based games of today it will seem a little dated but thats not really a bad point!

All in all this is a great set of games and i would reccomend it to anyone who is interested in strategy. These days Command and Conquer has become as much a cult as it is a franchise and depending on who you ask , some will say this game is good , some bad and others will slate it for not being "a true C&C" but dont let that put you off.

Aliens Vs Predator (PS3)
Aliens Vs Predator (PS3)
Offered by HHG Services

3.0 out of 5 stars Aliens Versus Predator, 16 Sept. 2012
Let's start with a little background , I would consider myself a fan of the AVP franchise so when I found out about this game I thought why not , I'll get myself a copy and see what's what!

And now to the point ! This game is the latest addition to the franchise and it all looks very good, the graphics are Crisp, Clean and the level of detail puts it well ahead of at least some of its rival competitors even the Aliens themselves look as if they are straight out of the movies!!. I'm also pleased to announce the return of those iconic weapons - such as the pulse rifle , and the deadly accurate smart gun which is important for a game that bears this brand name and those who like a good challenge (as I believe any game should do besides being fun) I can report that this game does present at least some difficulty in which the player will have to think about his/her actions in order to triumph - such as the use of predator energy weapons which are limited meaning the player will need to find a recharge point for them. This forces the player to think tactically in order to conserve energy for the more effective weapons.

As I said previously this is a game with many good points however it is lacking in some ares too. As far as a plot goes its quite dull often drawing more on old ideas rather than creating its own. The AI could be better too especially the aliens who seem to spend more time running in circles over the walls rather than attacking you which is more annoying than challenging and this bit only really applies to the marine campaign but i think in terms fear factor in this game is quite minimal compared to previous AVP titles, I'm honestly sure I can count the number of times on my hand when I at least thought the game was "trying" to scare me, Infact the ONLY thing that scares me is that there just aren't enough of those moments.

All in all then this game has its good points and bad , like any game really and I would still say try it and see but ultimately it won't stick in my mind as the best AVP game ive tried , and somehow I don't think it ever will.

Quake
Quake

5.0 out of 5 stars Quake 64, 15 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Quake (Video Game)
For its age this is a fab game , long levels and methodical game play and let's not forget the awesome soundtrack , especially when one completes a level.

All in all very good.