Profile for Sami R > Reviews

Russell Hobbs 15082 1.7 L Blue Illuminating Glass Kettle
Russell Hobbs 15082 1.7 L Blue Illuminating Glass Kettle
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs Glass Kettle, 17 Jan. 2014
Despite all the negative reviews I still wanted this kettle. It's sooo pretty!

So I bought it on 16 Nov 2011 and have been since using it several times a day, and no problems with the lid or kettle so far.

First I took the filter from the spout away, did't understand why it was there...

I've had no problems pouring boiled water from this kettle.

This might be so because I don't keep the kettle and my tea mug at the same level while I pour, instead the mug is on the counter, but I hold and pour keeping the kettle on the side of the counter, so I don't have to pour from a great height. If you understand my broken english :)

Lack of problems with the lid might be because I live in Helsinki, Finland, and the lime content in our tap water is not so high.

Only negative point with this kettle is that in time the metallic heating element at the bottom of the kettle turns slightly brown.

My hand fits inside the kettle and I can scrub the heating element with a slightly abrasive cleaning sponge, but doing this scratches the metal surface slightly. No biggie, scratches show only when the kettle is empty.

And the real reason for buying this glass kettle? If you've seen Blade Runner and remember the scene where Pris picks up eggs from from a boiling water, they used a glass vessel to show that she puts her hand into boiling water. After seeing that scene I decided that one day I would get a see-through kettle. This product made my day!

I bought this item 16 Nov 2011, and despite daily use, it's still as good as new. Lid is ok, nothing has broken, nothing sticks. So, it seems that if your tap water has high lime content, then you might have problems with the lid. Mine is still going strong, even the led light is still working fine.

So, over 3 ½ years of daily use and this kettle still gets 5 stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars M$ Windows 7 Professional Refurbished, 29 Oct. 2013
My one and only PC finally got it's OS updated from Xp to W7. All our other computers run OS X, so this machine is our last M$ resort!

As almost everyone knows, W7 is the only sensible OS for your PC, so no more about that.

The product sold by FBS Allgäu is a refurbished OS, so what you get (at least what I got) in an envelope is the OS installation dvd and a product license.

So this is a no-nonsense version for the people who do not need manuals and instructions. I personally don't understand what is the purpose of the installation manuals, because the installation is very intuitive.

Basically the package is same as if you bought an OEM OS from your local vendor, except (at least here in Finland) this version is almost 50% cheaper.

The installation of the OS was a straight forward operation, and I had absolutely no problems with the activation.

The media and the license sticker were both unused and flawless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2014 12:28 PM GMT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Oral B replacement heads., 1 Aug. 2013
Bristles are longer than the originals and they are very soft. So you basically end up with a manual toothbrush with a slight massage to your teeth and gums...

Price and delivery was ok, around 12 Euros to Finland.

UPDATE: The moving part (disc with the bristles) gets loose very quickly leaving a gap between the disc and the head. Result is that it pinches my lips and the sides of my mouth.

Avoid this product!