Profile for An Avid Reader > Reviews

Content by An Avid Reader

An Avid Reader (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
STOREINBOX New Fashion Solid Silver Jewelry Sets Necklace+Bracelet+ Ring +1 Pair Earrings by SIB
Offered by Saving_Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it??? Beautiful set, exactly as pictured., 11 April 2017
This is beautiful & - unlike some other reviewers - I received exactly what I expected in that it's exactly as pictured. What I wasn't expecting was how solid & substantial all the pieces are. The earrings are marked 925 and that is on the drop itself, but I don't have an issue with that like one reviewer does. I haven't been able to find any marking on the other pieces...but my eyesight's not the best. It looks and feels like silver & there's no sign of flaking or rubbing off after 2 weeks solid wear. But to be honest, I don't really care whether it's silver or not. The whole set cost way less than a single base-metal ring would cost me in the UK & those often become unwearable after wearing just a few times. This looks great after a fortnight & it looks like it will continue to for some time. Really impressed!

Tonic Studios 152E 12-inch/ 30 cm Craft Guillotine Maxi Thin Base, White/ Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, clean cuts, 11 April 2017
Great guillotine that cuts cleanly every time. The option of storing the handle underneath when not in use is a great space-saving feature. I especially love the transparent bar that allows you to hold the paper firmly in place before chopping...really useful for thin &/or slippy paper - and for shaving a microscopic amount off an edge. Highly recommended.

MR. SIGA Soft Bristle Toilet Brush with Holder - Dia 12cm x 41cm Height
MR. SIGA Soft Bristle Toilet Brush with Holder - Dia 12cm x 41cm Height
Offered by Mr SIGA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew the vileness that lurked under the rim??, 11 April 2017
Although I have always used cleaner & my traditional brush under the rim, since having this I've realised that that just wasn't enough. Some reviewers say the smaller brush is too big to fit it all under the rim...well yes, but that doesn't stop it doing a way better job of cleaning there than other options. Some say the rim brush prevents the main brush from properly cleaning the bowl...but that very much depends on the shape of your bowl & the configuration of your waste pipes. I really love the way the brush is held suspended when not in use so it's not sitting in water. I've also found that the silicone nubs, unlike traditional bristles, don't tend to trap anything.
Only negative for me is the lurid blue colour...but if you've got to this stage - i.e. to reading the reviews - then you know the colour & you're presumably (like me) prepared to live with that for an effective product.

Orange Fire Opal 925 Sterling Silver Filled Ring Size T 1/2
Orange Fire Opal 925 Sterling Silver Filled Ring Size T 1/2
Offered by silverwin

5.0 out of 5 stars The fire opal is amazing & lots of people comment on how beautiful it ..., 11 April 2017
This looks so much more expensive than it was. The fire opal is amazing & lots of people comment on how beautiful it is. It's a perfect size for me too - not so chunky that it's overwhelmingly, but big enough to not get lost on my (largish) finger. Very happy!

Energy Stone Sterling Silver Floral Etched Tapered Meditation Spinning Ring (Style# UK21) (S 1/2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ring & lovely to wear., 11 April 2017
Beautiful ring & very unusual. It's not as heavy as I expected but beautifully made & very comfortable to wear.

FairyDecor G4 LED Lights Bulb 2W DC 12V Lighting Bulbs Equivalent to 20W Halogen Track Bulb Warm White 3000k Light for Interior Lighting, Signal Lights, Lamps and Fixtures (10-Pack)
Offered by RunningBull

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value...but check if you need to leave one of your bulbs as a basic non-LED, 11 April 2017
These are brilliant value. Each of my light fitments has 6 bulbs and the ordinary ones seem to last a nanosecond before needing to be replaced. Can't say how long these will last but I've delayed reviewing for a week to make sure there weren't any immediate problems. When I first fitted them I used them for all the bulbs in each light...but they got disconcertingly hot disconcertingly quickly. On reading the instructions, they say to ensure you leave at least one of the bulbs as a basic non-LED for certain sorts of electricity supply. I've no idea what mine is, but I've now fitted 5 of these LEDs & 1 basic per light fitting & it seems to be working fine. The LEDs still get warm - which I didn't expect from LEDs - but much less so than before. I'll try to remember to update this reviewwhen I'm able to give some feedback on their longevity...but so far so good.

Sterling Silver 4mm Ball Stud Pull Through Earrings
Sterling Silver 4mm Ball Stud Pull Through Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, subtle & secure, 19 Feb. 2017
I also bought these in rose gold, so the following is the same review as I left for them, because thety're exactly the same apart from the colour. Blissfully comfortable...don't know I've got them in. These are short (which is what I was looking for) so I wear them with the bead flush against my ear & the chain hanging behind. This means they nestle there very securely & I haven't had any problems with them falling out...except when I forgot to remove them before washing my hair!
They are cute & subtle, but my main purpose in getting these is to enable me to keep earrings in overnight which has been fulfilled perfectly

Rose Gold Dipped Sterling Silver 12mm Bar Threader Pull Through Earrings
Rose Gold Dipped Sterling Silver 12mm Bar Threader Pull Through Earrings
Offered by JewelleryBox

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely earrings...but I misjudged the length I needed, 19 Feb. 2017
These are lovely but don't work for me...but that's my fault for not thinking it through. I had previously bought a pair of threader earrings which were way too long & so overcompensated by ordering the shortest ones I could find. I ordered the same length as these with a ball stud on one end (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PV0Y30W/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2) & they work perfectly with the ball tight against my ear. But with a bar at each end there's no 'stopper' so I have to wear them with equal lengths of chain front & back. They come just a tiny bit lower than the end of my lobe...but obviously that will depend on the size of your lobe & the position of your piercing. They don't feel as secure as the ones with the stud.

Rose Gold Dipped Sterling Silver 4mm Ball Stud Pull Through Earrings
Rose Gold Dipped Sterling Silver 4mm Ball Stud Pull Through Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, subtle, secure, 19 Feb. 2017

JAPONESQUE Precision Eyelash Curler
JAPONESQUE Precision Eyelash Curler

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Feb. 2017
Much better in my view than full-size lash curlers, these are more manageable, comfortable and offer more control.
Had (& lost) a pair years ago & have been searching for a replacement ever since. Delighted to have found them here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17