Profile for shauna_the_original > Reviews

Ours are the Streets
Ours are the Streets
by Sunjeev Sahota

5.0 out of 5 stars Sahoya speaks for a modern generation, 4 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Ours are the Streets (Paperback)
I seriously thought this was a fantastic book - its so easy to read and get pulled into - it's like a friendly aunty sat in your kitchen chatting about someone's private life with more and more twists and shocking turns as she discloses. It flowed like sand through my fingers - I guess it's because you feel like you're travelling with the main character, seeing him go from a British Asian hipster to an increasingly affected religious young man as a clash of cultures and a growing despondency with life cuts deeper and deeper in his heart and mind. He's really a guy who is struggling but he slowly isolates himself more and more until a sinister choice is made.
Normally a troubling subject to even consider, it's told so effortlessly and easily as you go deeper and deeper on the journey with him; one of the best stories I've read in the last five years. Absolutely fantastic and for me, it's up there with the likes of 'the reluctant fundamentalist' and 'east is east.' Well done Sunjeev Sahoya. I can't wait to read the year of the runaways. I've bought it my mum as a present and then I'm reading it!

NIP+FAB Glycolic Scrub Fix 75 ml
NIP+FAB Glycolic Scrub Fix 75 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I scrub up nice afterall! ;-), 4 Aug. 2017
I think this product is ace - it works well. It smells gorgeous, lemony and sweet and just the right soft balance / not too strong, like a fun lemonade scent! It hasn't got any rubbish in it however and is an excellent product to trust with your skin. I used it 4/5 days apart and now just once every couple of weeks and that is powerful enough. This is an excellent product, gentle enough to not worry about the power of it causing any harm, but powerful enough that it does achieve good results for your skin. What a great find! Well chuffed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Quality and Scent, 24 Jan. 2017
This was purchased as a present for me.
It's so relaxing, and is perfect for snuggling up under a blanket and having on in the room. The fragrance is extremely natural and yet powerful enough to continue lasting throughout each burn. Only a little is burnt off, so the wax itself is good quality pure wax.
I can really recommend the quality and pleasure this scent gives (I do adore good quality fragrances and don't like 'Fakey' or chemically products, so if you're looking for a cheap nice smelling candle - this is not for you. This is a very nice product.

Classikool 100% Pure Peppermint Oil for Aromatherapy & Massage [FREE UK Post] (50ml)
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get a better lid please!, 5 Aug. 2016
The oil is perfect first of all - lovely and strong and pepperminty, a little goes a hell of a long way! 6 drops and everyone who came in my home was like 'whoa, where's that minty smell coming from?' So go easy with it! We had a mouse visit us and I can definately say it worked in naturally getting rid of the little fella.

Now the company claim they use generic packaging without frills to keep the cost down which is what I'm all about haha. I'm a big fan of that, however if the bottle is side on, the top does leak a tiny bit - and a tiny bit of this stuff smells STRONG! so if this is fixed it would be a five star product.

IKEA TOFTBO Pedestal Mat,55x60 cm - assorted colour (White)
IKEA TOFTBO Pedestal Mat,55x60 cm - assorted colour (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely in the loo!, 5 Aug. 2016
So this TOFTBO pedestal mat (the toilet hugging one in lay mans terms) is great as its nice and soft and washes well.
Now, as I run a busy business, I've gone through three of these and I'll explain why.
The first one became stained where a gentlemans feet stand, so white is not a good option in this if it's a well used loo!
Second one developed a hole right on the hem where the gentlemans right foot stands. I also accidentally washed it with something peachy coloured and it immediately discoloured.
Third one is looking lovely in the bathroom but soon I'm changing the floor so I don't need one anymore as our colour scheme is white accessories and they'll just keep expiring quick!!
Therefore I'll give it 4* It would suit a normal to lightly used bathroom in my opinion.

Laminated 2018 Wall Planner (A2 Red Rolled)
Laminated 2018 Wall Planner (A2 Red Rolled)
Offered by Postfaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bargain planner!, 5 Aug. 2016
This is a handy planner as it came rolled up and easy to unpack etc, no frills & a great price. It comes with around 7 weeks of different coloured dot stickers and it fits exactly across the width of a 60cm fridge. Perfect for catching my attention and keeping things at the front of my mind :-)

Natural Sweet Almond Oil - 200ml - Cold Pressed, Vegan Friendly, Suitable for Babies - With Moisturising, Nourishing Emollient Properties for Skin and Hair Use, By Natural Pure Body. Use as a Carrier Oil in Aromatherapy or as a Luxurious Massage Oil. Enrich Your Life with Our Premium Quality 100% Almond Oil Now!
Offered by Charlotte's Health Emporium

4.0 out of 5 stars A good oil, but will it make my skin GLOW?!, 5 Aug. 2016
This is good as in, it's a perfectly good oil. The packaging is solid and the oil is medium to light and a good colour. It is non allergenic and absorbs into the skin within a few minutes.
I have to say though in terms of using it to hydrate skin, I'm not noticing any massive differences yet. My skin is still a bit on the dry side, a bit dull if you like, however I know if you test skin moisture, it's usually in the epidermis lower down, beneath the upper visible skin. So it could be doing something. I'll keep trying it & update after a few more weeks. I've given it four stars as it is what it says it is, I'm just not sure it does what it claims it's good at!

The Handmade Loaf: The book that started a baking revolution
The Handmade Loaf: The book that started a baking revolution
by Dan Lepard

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes itself a bit serious, 5 Aug. 2016
I don't know if it's me, but I found this hard to read and a bit... Up itself. It's like 'buy five thousand seeds or ingredients or bits of equipment' then lovingly create your loaf. It's currently sat on the shelf looking unhappy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2017 2:07 PM GMT

Lavender Liquid Soap with Organic Olive Oil, 2 x 500 ml (17.6 fl.oz.) with dispenser/pump - no palm oil, no preservatives

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury experience!, 5 Aug. 2016
Wow! This is the best hand wash I've ever used - I don't want to sound pathetic as if I've got nothing better in my life BUT my bathroom smells of an uplifted clean lavender, and it moisturises whilst washing so there's a lingering lavender scent left behind. It's just brilliant brilliant stuff and ALL NATURAL! It's not often I find such a good product. It's expensive yes, but you get two and it is really really good.

The Naked Bee Lavender & Beeswax Absolute Moisturizing Hand & Body Lotion 8.0 oz
Offered by Trend Headquarters

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't BEE too excited!, 5 Aug. 2016
It's ok, but it's really not great. I've been using lots of all natural products and for me, the smell is only just there and it doesn't seem to moisturise my skin at all. Like 10 minutes later you wouldn't even know you'd put it on. I'd suggest a more oil based lavender product (if it's the lavender and natural ingredients your after). It's ok but not worth £14. Maybe £6 / £7.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6