Profile for Ian White > Reviews

Content by Ian White

Ian White

Climb Like A Pro! Your Essential Training Guide To Cycling Hills FASTER: Be fit, fast & FIRST and feel TERRIFIC for it! (Includes 10 Supercharged Hill Climbing Workouts)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful advice, 7 Aug. 2013
Having recently moved to SW France to an area that can best be described as 'lumpy' I was looking for some advice on ways to improve my climbing so downloaded Rebecca's book. Her enthusiasm is infectious and I've found much of it very helpful in encouraging me to persevere and improve. Not all of the workouts were relevant to me (the hills are quite short here), but they can be adapted to whatever circumstance you find yourself in. Read this and then get out and do it!

The Time-Starved Cyclist's Training Formula: how to find TIME to train for 100-miles - and NOT get divorced!

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful addition, 8 Feb. 2013
I've just downloaded this and although I've not studied it extensively yet I've already been able to draw some helpful tips to enable me to get more from my cycling. Life seems to always get in the way of training but hopefully with Rebecca's motivational hints and sound advice I'll be able to make the adjustments necessary. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone in need of a bit of a boost. Now I'm off to get on my turbo-trainer!

Flying Scotsman: The Graeme Obree Story
Flying Scotsman: The Graeme Obree Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 15 Jan. 2013
I finally got around to reading this and thoroughly enjoyed it. He gives an honest account of his battles with cycling's burearocracy and his own personal demons.

The Dunwich Horror
The Dunwich Horror

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull & dated, 9 Nov. 2012
I know there are many people who enjoy Lovecraft's writing but it wasn't my cup of tea at all. I won't bother with any more of his work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2015 2:44 AM GMT

Toshiba RD329DTKB 320GB Hard Drive DVD Recorder with Freeview
Toshiba RD329DTKB 320GB Hard Drive DVD Recorder with Freeview

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product - terrible delivery, 7 Jun. 2010
The player is everything I'd hoped for and I'm really pleased with it but I'm giving it 1 star to make a point about the method of delivery. Home service tried to deliver whilst I was at work and left a card informing me that they'd try again between 7am - 7pm (or thereabouts, I can't remember exactly). So I'm expected (that's me the customer) to wait in all day at their convenience. I drove the 20 or so miles to the depot to pick it up thereby negating the point of internet shopping. Had Amazon used the Royal Mail I could have easily picked it up from my local depot. I won't ever buy a large item from Amazon again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2010 8:56 PM GMT