Profile for Sue > Reviews

Why the Dutch are Different: A Journey into the Hidden Heart of the Netherlands
Why the Dutch are Different: A Journey into the Hidden Heart of the Netherlands
by Ben Coates

4.0 out of 5 stars A very informative book., 6 Aug. 2017
A very informative book that goes in depth about everything Dutch. A little bogged down in history in some places but is well written, and is made clear that what happened many years ago has had a deep effect on how the country is today. A lot of researched facts of which I was totally unaware, but written with a sense of humour and love of the country and it's people.

FitFlopTM F-SPORTYTM Ladies Suede Perforated Trainers Midnight Navy UK 6
FitFlopTM F-SPORTYTM Ladies Suede Perforated Trainers Midnight Navy UK 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable from the second I put them on, 29 May 2017
Very comfortable from the second I put them on. I made the mistake of buying cheaper sneakers lately and they all hurt my feet after a while. Back to fitflops for me, however far you walk in the different styles I have tried, they have never hurt my feet or made my legs ache. I don't know if they actually tone your legs but I find the comfort is more important anyway.

A Small Place in Italy
A Small Place in Italy
by Eric Newby

4.0 out of 5 stars A Small Place in Italy - Eric Newby, 21 May 2014
This review is from: A Small Place in Italy (Paperback)
I loved this book. It was well written and gave a great sense of place. The fact that he loved this place and the people shone through the whole book. I read a lot of it in the garden and with the sun dappling through the garden leaves, I felt I could almost be in Tuscany. I will certainly read some more of his books and it is a shame I did not discover them earlier. The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars is because it was not long enough, I didn't want it to end.

Bronze tone mini solid metal cycling keyring charm gift idea - posted from London only by Fat-catz
Offered by Fat-Catz-Copy-Catz (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling keyring, 7 May 2014
Delivered on time, quite a quality little product for the price. It is solid and looks far better made than other products of this price.

Celestron SkyScout GPS Star Locater
Celestron SkyScout GPS Star Locater
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars SkyScout, 14 Dec. 2013
Quite expensive, but if you are a total beginner, then well worth it in my opinion. This leaves you in no doubt what you are looking at, which I found quite difficult when just consulting a star atlas, it is amazingly simple to use and learnt a lot just in the first use of it. Light, well made and complete with it's own GPS, software information, earphones etc. I have found it invaluable to start me off discovering what is in the night sky. Also on any given day, it gives you the top stars and planets to look out for.

The Cambridge Star Atlas
The Cambridge Star Atlas
by Wil Tirion
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Atlas, 14 Dec. 2013
Good value for money. It is very informative and descriptive but not too difficult for a beginner. A good source of reference to any budding or experienced astronomer.

Philip's Glow-in-the-Dark Planisphere (Latitude 51.5 North): For use in Britain and Ireland, Northern Europe, Northern USA and Canada
by Philip's Maps

4.0 out of 5 stars Planisphere, 14 Dec. 2013
Have just started to dabble in a bit of astronomy. This product is simple but effective and real value for money. It is easy to use and gives a good guide to what you should be able to see in the night sky on a clear night on days and the months of the year. Used with a star atlas, it gives a beginner a real guide to what you are looking for.

A Life Behind Bars Bike T-Shirt (Large, Grey)
A Life Behind Bars Bike T-Shirt (Large, Grey)
Offered by Rinsed

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike T-shirt, 14 Dec. 2013
Great slogan for a bicyclist. It's a present so don't know how it fits yet, but it looks good and all as described.

Fitflop Womens The Cuddler Slippers 243-236 Anthracite 6 UK, 39 EU
Fitflop Womens The Cuddler Slippers 243-236 Anthracite 6 UK, 39 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitflop Cuddler Slippers, 14 Dec. 2013
Brilliant, I love fitflops anyway. The slippers fit well, extremely comfortable and warm, they have a hard sole for going outside and like the other fitflop products I have bought, I hope they keep my legs, back and feet safe from aching as they normally do.

Red Square
Red Square
by Martin Cruz Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Square, 3rd in the "Arkady Renko" series., 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Red Square (Paperback)
Well written, really gives the reader a sense of place and time. I especially like the character of Arkady Renko, the russian investigator from Moscow. It leaves you with a feeling that you have actually visited the places the character visits in pusuit of his enquiries, during the cold war era. It reminds me of Philip Kerr's german investigator from Berlin, Bernie Gunther, they both have had hard, tough lives but manage to retain some empathy for their decent fellow men. Good plot and keeps the interest and intrigue going until the end.

Page: 1 | 2