Profile for dhogarth > Reviews

dhogarth

2013 SCOTT Ski Snow ICON OTG over the glasses Goggles Black / Light Amp 224171
2013 SCOTT Ski Snow ICON OTG over the glasses Goggles Black / Light Amp 224171

5.0 out of 5 stars Good goggles, 17 Mar. 2014
I was very happy with these goggles. They were comfortable, fitted over my glasses well, and stayed clear in use.

Oki B401DN A4 Mono Laser Printer
Oki B401DN A4 Mono Laser Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Printer useless, no help from supplier, going into a skip, 16 Dec. 2013
Before any handling of the toner cartridge, the printer was displaying an error message about toner that was preventing it from printing at all, despite the fact that the cartridge was nowhere near empty and I had sent a job to the printer. On a number of occasions, I solved this by simply removing the cartridge and putting it back in, after which the error message disappeared. On one occasion, I removed the cartridge without any force or difficulty, exactly as the cartridge is supposed to be removed and exactly as I have removed it on all former and subsequent occasions: by clicking the latch on the side into the unlocked position and sliding the cartridge out. As the cartridge was removed, ink powder started falling out of it, landing all over the printer and the surrounding area. I made the best job possible of cleaning up the inside of the printer, but fine inky dust had settled in parts of the machine I could not access and would be unable to clean even if I could - it was not possible to "prevent damage" at this stage, as the printer was already damaged. The cartridge itself was covered in ink and ruined anything it touched, so obviously had to be disposed of. After I replaced the toner cartridge with a new one, not only did prints come out inky and smudged, but the unexplained error messages persisted: the printer consistently claimed to be out of toner even with a brand new OKI cartridge, and would often not print at all when sent a job. To be clear: even before anything at all was done to this printer, it was defective; anything that was subsequently done to the printer was done correctly and exactly as shown on OKI instructions. Even after attempts to solve the problems, I am left with a printer that either refuses to print a job entirely or prints it with black smudges
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2014 2:11 PM BST

Weldtite Trouser Bands Reflective
Weldtite Trouser Bands Reflective
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Cycle clips, 19 July 2011
They're fine. How excited can you get about cycle clips? But full marks to the supplier who responded very quickly with a replacement pair when one of the first ones popped off and got lost.

Original HTC UK Mains Charger - HTC Wildfire /Google Nexus One / HTC HD2 / HTC Desire / HTC Legend / HTC HD Mini (TC B150)

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC Desire charger, 2 Nov. 2010
Works fine as a mains charger. I was disappointed that it was NOT the same as the original (i.e 2 pieces with a USB cable) since this means that although I keep it as a spare charger at work it doesn't enable me to connect my phone to my work PC.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Shampoo that does what it says on the tin....., 27 Oct. 2010
What can I say? It's shampoo, it washes your hair. It doesn't contain any SLS, an almost ubiquitous component of shampoos that damages the skin on my fingertips.