Profile for Paul Feeney > Reviews

Content by Paul Feeney

Paul Feeney

Kindle E-Reader, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen too dark to read., 28 Dec. 2016
Quite simply not fit for purpose. I was bought this as a gift by my girlfriend with the intended use being for me to be read in bed without the need for a bedside light disturbing her. The screen is so dark on this however, that is impossible. Even in a well lit room, during the day I was squinting at this, its so dim. No way to adjust brightness either. Sent it back and bought the paper white instead. If you intend to use this in any environment other extremely bright light, avoid. In fairness, it was very easy to set up and use.

Palladium Pampa Hi, Men's Ankle Boots, Brown (Peru), 8 UK (42 EU)
Palladium Pampa Hi, Men's Ankle Boots, Brown (Peru), 8 UK (42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 16 Jan. 2014
Solid, comfortable walking boots, and they also look pretty smart with a nice pair of jeans. My only minor complaint would be that they are a little heavy for a boot that is mostly canvas, but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Mens Thinsulate Fingerless Gloves GL131 M/L Black
Mens Thinsulate Fingerless Gloves GL131 M/L Black
Offered by Undercover Hosiery & Lingerie

4.0 out of 5 stars Very warm, 16 Jan. 2014
Took these to New York with me and they kept my hands warm during sub-zero temperatures, while still allowing me to fiddle around with change/keys etc. Recommended.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying problem, 16 Jan. 2014
The pair I received had a hole in one of the rubber soles, which created a strange hissing sound when I wore them. Very annoying, and odd! I returned them the same day and I doubt I'll buy from this brand again. Poor.

Player's Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands: A 4th Edition D&d Supplement (Dungeons & Dragons)
by Mike Mearls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to D&D 4e, 13 Jan. 2014
This is a perfect introduction to those who are new (and not so new) to D&D. To a new player like myself D&D can at first be quite daunting, as simply making a character can take hours to do, with dozens of options and choices involved. This boils it down to the absolute essentials (hence the name) and making rolling up characters a breeze. If you're looking to get started, this is the place.

Levi's Men's Barstow Western Slim Fit Shirt, Blackwatch, Medium
Levi's Men's Barstow Western Slim Fit Shirt, Blackwatch, Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 13 Jan. 2014
This is a really nice looking shirt, very fashionable as well as comfortable. Beware though, this shirt is REALLY thin, so thin that I'm scared I'll rip it sometimes when undoing the poppers! Definitely a summer shirt. Also, oddly, there are no buttons on the forearms making it really difficult to roll the sleeves up. Other than that I'm pleased with it.

Lee Rider Flannel Men's Shirt Primary Red Medium
Lee Rider Flannel Men's Shirt Primary Red Medium

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 13 Jan. 2014
I ordered this shirt based on the colour and style shown in the photo and received a similar but different shirt. The shirt I received was blue, white and red, not black and red as depicted, with a different check pattern to it. Very disappointing, I sent it back.

Half Nelson
Half Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Half Nelson (MP3 Download)
Fantastic album, I've been looking for this for ages. Too bad Groop Dogdrill aren't together as its hard to find bands as good these days!

Lee Men's Western Shirt Hide Brown Medium
Lee Men's Western Shirt Hide Brown Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite shirt., 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Lee Men's Western Shirt (Apparel)
I've had this shirt over a week now and really don't want to take it off, even though it probably needs a wash by now.

Fantastic looking western shirt, and surprisingly thick and warm too, perfect for winter and general shirt wearing situations.

Bronsonýs Loose!: The Making of the Death Wish Films
Bronsonýs Loose!: The Making of the Death Wish Films
by Paul Talbot

4.0 out of 5 stars I owed you that one dude!, 10 Mar. 2009
First of all, if you're not a fan of Charles Bronson or the Death Wish movies then this book will really hold no interest for you, but then again if you're not you wouldn't be reading this. The Death Wish movies, especially 3-5 attracted a large cult following for their extreme violence, dark humor and sometimes (unintentionally) bad film making and i think this book will appeal strongly to that audience.

Talbot delivers a thorough run down of all five movies, giving each one the same amount of attention, running from interviews he conducted himself with Death Wish staples such as producer Pancho Kohner and a surprisingly funny Michael Winner to one time thugs like Kevyn Major Howard, to plot synopses and full cast and crew credits, right up to critics and audience reactions to the movies now and at the time of release. Also included are several quotes from the notoriously private Bronson collected from various interviews over the years and some great publicity stills from around the world.

If you've ever watched one of these movies with a beer and your mates and thought 'Hmm i wonder what that street punk's take on the filming process was?' then this is a book for you. Then again, maybe its just me. Recommended.

Now, i gotta go make a sandwich.