Profile for Jeannie Zelos > Reviews

Content by Jeannie Zelos
Top Reviewer Ranking: 320

Jeannie Zelos "jeanie zelos book reviews" (uk)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Senchanting Skirt Leggings 2 in 1 Full Length Active Yoga Tennis Skinny Pants with Attached Skirt
Offered by Senchant
Price: £13.99 - £19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a practical and attractive pair of sports leggings., 27 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com
I ordered these in s/m as they are for Beth who’s 14 and usually around a size 8. These look great with the sports bra which I’ve also had for review and make a great outfit for fitness classes. It comes in a great range of vibrant colours which match the top perfectly and make for an attractive and practical set.
I like the addition of the skirt, its fun, looks good and also practical when not everyone wants to reveal their rear view when exercising, this helps give a little more discretion!

The fabric is a nylon spandex mix, designed to be breathable and effectively wick away sweat and moisture, which is perfect for sports and classes when getting hot is inevitable if you’re working hard. Its got plenty of stretch to allow movement, much needed when exercising, you don't want to be feeling like you're cut in half each time you reach for the floor. It has a handy extra insert at the crotch allowing for more movement and less strain on fabric....
Its very quick to dry too which is great if you work out regularly, just a quick rinse after wearing, hang out to dry and its ready for next day. They’re a simple pull on design, fits sleekly to body, and there’s no need for zips or buttons that can be uncomfortable when bending in odd positions...

Stars: Five, a practical and attractive pair of sports leggings.

Product supplied for honest review. All items undergo assessment and testing where needed before I give my opinion, and stars given accordingly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Senchanting Zipper Front Padded Sports Bra Breathable Wirefree Racerback Gym Bra
Offered by Senchant
Price: £14.99 - £22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent supportive and comfortable bra top for sports, 27 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

Eldest granddaughter is a sports fiend, she’s always playing something, football, netball, hockey, cricket, tennis, rounders and now she’s taken up horse-riding. all that means at 14 she needs a bra that supports and so when offered the chance to test this bra I jumped at it.

First off is the fabric, its got some stretch which allows movement, but not so much that it doesn’t support the bra area. No-one wants bouncing boobs.  The fabric is a wicking type, designed to draw moisture away from the skin, and has mesh holes incorporated which help keep wearer cool and dry. Its quick drying so its easy to quickly wash and rinse and hang ready for next use. With someone who’s doing sports daily as Beth does that's important – a great supporting bra does no good if it spends most of the time in the wash basket. I know some people that shower with them on and then simply quickly rinse in plain water and hang on radiators ready to use. Its cleverly shaped by way of different stitching technique in the way the fabric is constructed so there aren’t seams and stitching to rub, and I really like the way it looks. As well as the outer section there's a separate front opeing bra cup inside to give added support.

The  lower edge of the top has a wide, supporting elastic section. That means it grips to skin without rubbing and really does make a difference. There aren’t wires in the top, and the shoulder straps are cut wide to offer support without cutting in. That applies to all sports, comfort is priority, though this bra also looks good.

What we really liked was the racer back and front zip and clip closures. Its so easy to put on,  and when you want to remove it quickly and get showered its far easier than fumbling with back snaps and hooks....The zip is a sturdy plastic one and at the base and top there are neat flip covers to prevent it rubbing. The zip front is quite high and really offers a high level of support. The seller says they are sized small, and to use their chart for sizing. I've found with others from this seller that this is correct and so ordered a size L rather than the s/m which would usually fit Beth.

Its a great bra, designed for comfort and practicality while still looking good. The design is very attractive and the range of colours good, we have the green which is a vibrant acid colour. The little touches such as the zip cover and the wide waist band make all the difference.

Stars: Five, excellent supportive and comfortable bra

Comment Comment | Permalink

VIP Womens Lace Back Panties Sexy Cute Cotton Low Rise Underwear Ladies Plus Size Lingerie
Offered by VIP_Bra
Price: £5.35 - £5.36

5.0 out of 5 stars a practical and pretty pair of knickers, 27 Aug. 2016

VIP Women Cotton Panty Sexy Lace Back Hipster Brief Underwear Ladies Soft Cotton Knickers 1 Piece

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

Well, these are Knickers, not panty/panties...here in UK we were Knickers, sometimes pants ( no *y no *ies!!) I’ve always wondered..why a Pair of knickers when there’s only one? Why not just knicker? We don't say a pair of bras – unless there’s two – though we do say a pair of trousers ( yes men wear trousers not Pants)

They’re a basic well made pair of knickers. What feels like a pure cotton gusset for keeping comfortable. Years ago my late husband used to work on our market stall, and having spent all day proclaiming Cotton Gussets very loudly, he finally asked me what the h ell a cotton gusset was...sniggered when I told him. Still, cotton right there is best, nylon mixes are not good, encourage sweating and make for a damp atmosphere that encourages thrush, and we ladies Do Not Want that! Hope you weren’t eating breakfast right then ;-)

They come in black or white – I have the black ones. They're well stitched, pretty with the lace panels and the full lace at the rear. I’ve the XXL/size 20. I usually wear a 16 in knickers from M&S, and these feel about that size. They're comfortable to wear and have lots of stretch, being a 95% cotton 5% spandex mix, and don’t cut in on waist or round top of legs.

Stars: Five, a practical and pretty pair of knickers

Comment Comment | Permalink

VIP Womens Cotton Panty Fashion Ladies Big Size Lace Boy shorts Briefs Underwear Mid Rise Shorts Knickers Pants 1 Piece
Offered by VIP_Bra
Price: £5.35 - £5.36

5.0 out of 5 stars a practical and pretty pair of knickers, 27 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

They come in black or white – I have the black ones. They're well stitched, pretty with the lace panels and I’ve the XXL/size 20. I usually wear a 16 in knickers from M&S, and these feel about that size. They're comfortable to wear and have lots of stretch, being a 95% cotton 5% spandex mix, and don’t cut in on waist or round top of legs. They're described as Boy shorts but I wouldn't class them as that, they're usually more parallele in the leg and end lower on the waist.

Stars: Five, a practical and pretty pair of knickers

Comment Comment | Permalink

Maylen Hughes Running Trainers Mens Womens Sneakers Comfortable Walking Shoes Lightweight Flexiable

5.0 out of 5 stars a practical and economical pair of trainers, 27 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

You can never have too many pairs of trainers no matter what sex you are. These make a great basic summer shoes, not for high impact sports but for general walking about they are so light and comfortable, easy to wear for long periods of time.

They've an unusual top, a kind of openwork moulded plastic over a patterned fabric. Its interesting and I wondered if that would give any more support to sides and upper part of foot, and if it would help them be more long-lasting, for instance if worn by teens where kicking around a ball and scuffing toes against walls etc seems to be day to day treatment of shoes. I don’t know – If I find out I’ll update ;-) as it’ll prob be 17 yr old Daz wearing them.

The fabric is breathable which is great for summer, trainers quickly get Very whiffy! Sweaty teenage feet....
The description indicates they’re suitable for running in, but its not a sport I know enough about to comment on. I would have though if you’re into intensive training you’d need more specialised footwear, but for basic jogging on a keep fit level they look fine.
The size chart seems pretty accurate, but its a shame they stop at 8.5, the men in my family have mostly got bigger feet.

Stars: Five, a practical and economical pair of trainers.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Stoga ST-A8 Bluetooth Smart Bracelet Talkband Headset Fitness Tracker Fashionable OLED Bluetooth Wristband Watch Bracelet for IOS/Android Smartphone
Offered by KINGSFAITH

4.0 out of 5 stars really useful device that I'm still learning to use properly, 26 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

I’ve seen people wearing different types of these and wanted to try one, so this offer was timely.
Its smart looking, in a sleek matt black, with a glossy display, but it is quite bulky and I had – and still have – real issues doing it up. Its got two tabs that slot firmly into the holes, but doing that while its on your wrist isn’t easy. It needs to be closely attached, but as its hard to do up unless I put finger underneath for added pressure, it tends to slide on my arm...

Still, how’s it work? Haven’t a clue how it does it, but it measures various things and displays either via the smart band or your phone or similar that's paired to it. I’m awful at IT so attempted pairing etc with trepidation but it was simple, I very quickly had it paired. As I’ve found QR codes difficult to do via camera I simply went to the app-store and downloaded the app to my phone that way. Once synched to device I can see measurements on both easily.

Steps is something I find funny, I’m a wheelchair user so I guess it works on body movement, but its great in that it does give me some idea of how active ( or not!) I am. I'm puzzled at how few calories I use even though I did just under 4K “steps” yesterday its says I used 129.59 calories...Thats not going to burn off the four squares of choclalte then! I’ve set an alarm on it so that it buzzes if I’m inactive between 7 am and 10 pm, for over 45 mins and that's working. Hopefully it’ll give me a bit of push to do more exercise, always good.

I’ve used it as a wake up alarm too, it buzzes gently, a much better way f waking for me than any kind of music or audible devices. It monitors sleep but results seems to be a bit off at the moment, but I’m still working it all out, so that could be me having input something wrongly.
It buzzes when I’ve a call on my phone or a text which is handy if I’ve put my phone down in another room ( I know, I promised the kids I’d keep it one me at all times for safety but sometimes I put it down without thinking!)

The instructions aren’t the best, and I had some issues working out how to even switch it on, and how to charge it...It needs to be removed from the band, easy when you know how, completely lost me though. Who thinks you have to take something like this apart? Not me..but you do, just press one side of the central device and flip down the opposite on the band gently and the inside section pops out. You can then charge it via USB, and once on the usual symbols appear, and I took it from there.

The on/off switch doubles as control command, and is awful to use for me. I have to press really hard, and when you’re setting clock etc and pressing once for every hour, and then think you’ve done the long press for save and find you’ve changed the hour or mins part, its incredibly frustrating doing it all over again, and there’s no back button....
That section that comes out can be used as an earpiece too, when paired with another device. I played some music via my phone with it tucked in my ear and it was fine, but I was sitting reading, I wouldn’t feel secure with it when moving around and its just got a rubber ring that tucks in upper inner crease in ear to hold things in place.

Activity Tracker: - well its trackinga ctivity some way and the buzzer is useful reminder for me.
Sleep Monitoring: - somehwat odd results but I need to look further to see if thats my fault in programming maybe.
Loss Prevention Reminder: Very useful, also buzzes when I get a call or text.
Phone Call Reminder: See above.
Synchronize sport data: I've got data synched to my phoned, refreshing on phone updates t latest data but I'm not really sure how to read it all and if I've set it up right. Its needs some playing around with especially for an IT phobic person like me, but its a fun device with some useful features.

Stars: Four, improve the on/off button and the way to fix it on wrist and it would be a five star device for me. They are minor issues but very irritating so I've taken a star off for them.

Comment Comment | Permalink

LANGRIA Heavy Duty Adjustable Clothing Rail Garment Clothes Rack Collapsible 4.2 - 6.2ft Long x 5.4 - 5.9ft High, Chrome (Single Rail)
Offered by LANGRIA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for spare rooms, bedrooms, ironing and car boots., 26 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

This has perfect timing, we’ve been rearranging my bedroom and I’ve always has issues reaching the hanging rail in the wardrobe, its just too high for me from the wheelchair and makes my shoulders ache
This was so easy to put together, took less than five minutes to assemble. Its made from what feels like a very strong metal with a chrome finish and feel like it would last many years. Some rails are so thin the bend, and then rust where the metal is damaged.

Its very sturdy, and has extensions rods to make even more space. I’ve got it tucked in my bedroom, at the lower height which suits me. We did try taking out the upper vertical rail to make it a good height for me, but it won’t lock that way and didn’t feel as stable. Stability is more important of course, so its put up the proper way!
There are holes and sliding pins to lock to adjust the height, and if you wish there are extenders that hang outside the side bars to make more hanging space, but I don’t need that. The whole thing folds flat very quickly, simply take out top bar and slot in the clips provided and then fold flat.
Its got four very sturdy wheels which make it a doddle to move, even on carpet, but they don’t have any locks which I would have liked to see.

Stars: Five, perfect for spare rooms, bedrooms, ironing and car boots.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Jewelrypalace Women's 6.46ct Created Green Nano Emerald Ring Solid 925 Sterling Silver
Offered by jewelrypalace

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous ring, perfect for any jewellery lover., 26 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

I love jewellery but real gems are so expensive so when I first  saw jewellery made of lab created emeralds I was sceptical? Surely that's just a fancy name for some imitation type.
A web search revealed though that these are genuine emeralds, almost indistinguishable from tradition ones by all but top jewellers. Of course not only are they far cheaper, but from an ethical view far better than the damage done to the environment and the associated dangers to people of traditional mining.
There’s an excellent article online from a site called jewelrywise.com and I’ve copied this from it “They're not gem imitations; lab-created gemstones are the real deal. They are grown in a laboratory but are identical chemically, physically and optically to natural gems.”

Emeralds have always appealed to me – they’re a traditional birthstone for these born in April,(me!) along with diamonds – maybe that’s why I have champagne tastes :-) but sadly only cider pockets – and sometimes just apple-juice pockets! Now though real gems are within any ones reach.

This ring is so pretty, sterling silver ring, with a huge central Emerald in a rectangular cut, with cut sides. I think its a baguette cut, but not being a jeweller I’m not sure ;-) Its got three square prongs on each side that are set with tiny cubic zirconas.  They look really pretty and its a great ring for special occasions, though a little large in practical terms for everyday wear.
It comes in a pretty rich crimson velvet pouch.

Stars: Five, gorgeous ring, perfect for any jewellery lover.

Austor 26 PCS Garden Butterflies on Sticks Dragonfly Butterfly Stakes Butterfly Decorations Ornaments Party Supplies
Offered by Austor Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and really pretty decorations., 26 Aug. 2016
Austor 26 PCS Garden Butterflies on Sticks, Dragonfly, Butterfly Stakes ,Butterfly Decorations, Ornaments ,Party Supplies

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

I love butterflies and dragon-flies, and have lots of the real thing in my garden, but they are so so quick, so these guys can add a bit of colour and fun that don’t fly away! They're larger than I expected, even though size is given somehow I didn’t expect them to be quite this good. I might add a little glitter paint or beads to some to catch the light even more – I have a real sparkle fetish!

They’re really pretty, catch the breeze and flutter gently as the wire is very flexible and allows them to sway. They are quite fragile, I broke a dragonfly wing trying to open it out a bit so don’t make my mistake ;-)

Decorate pots and garden, place in vases with flowers indoors, tuck into potted plants, there’s no end to the fun you can have with them. If you take them out though, to the beach for decorating sandcastles maybe, do make sure you bring them home, plastic and metal can be so dangerous to wildlife when left behind.

Stars: Five, excellent and really pretty decorations.

Offered by Austor Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and easy to use., 26 Aug. 2016

Review from Jeannie’s Reviews on wordpress.com

I love scented candles, and have lots of essential oils and some beeswax crystals from my encaustic art supplies so I’ve wanted to make my own for a while now.
Like all intentions they so far have stayed just as intentions....now with these I’m a step closer.

Looking online at how-to-make instructions it seems simple, melt the wax, add the oils after (too much heat destroys the scent). Put the wicks into containers using the fixing tabs provided, and pour in the scented wax. Leave to set and Hey Presto! You’re own unique candles.
You can use old jars, glasses, any sort of heatproof container, or buy special moulds and make ones that you can push out when set.

Of course using pure beeswax costs more than paraffin wax, that most scented candles commercially available use, but that can give off toxic fumes that upset people with allergies or breathing issues and pure beeswax doesn't do that. These wicks are constructed from natural, flat, cotton threads and contains no lead, zinc or other metals,low smoke, and if purity if ingredients is important to you then you’ll want to take note of this.

Stars: Five, excellent and easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20