Profile for the lambanana > Reviews

Content by the lambanana
Top Reviewer Ranking: 96

the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bourjois Le Colour Lock Top Coat
Bourjois Le Colour Lock Top Coat

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Top Coats, 23 Aug. 2016
NICE NAILS
==========
I love having nice nails. It really can make your hands look much more attractive.

I always use a base coat and a top coat. Why?

Well, the reasons to use a base coat are:

A good base coat makes the nail polish adhere to your nail better and for longer.
It can prevent your nails from staining or yellowing
It can strengthen your nails meaning less bends and breaks.

The reasons to use a top coat are:

A good topcoat will help nail polish dry faster, last longer and give a flawless finish.

THIS ONE
========
It's beautiful. Easy to apply and a top end quality product.

WAH London Nail Art Pen, Navy Blue
WAH London Nail Art Pen, Navy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but there is a problem..., 23 Aug. 2016
NAIL ART
=======
The nail art pen is great for drawing patters and if you have the white one it's also good for colouring the tips of my nails. WAH London Nail Art Pen, White (Although you could have different colour tips I suppose)

PROBLEM
=========
This is superb for detail but there is an issue. My left hand looks fantastic whilst my right hand looks like a 5 year old has been at it.

SOLUTION
========
Get someone to do your nails, and you can do theirs.

Nicky Clarke Frizz Control Straightener
Nicky Clarke Frizz Control Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine straighteners, 22 Aug. 2016
Nicky Clarke
=========
These are lovely, though not big bad boys. Ideal if you want to get a smooth result quickly and efficiently.
I've used these on a variety of people's hair. Thick, thin, long and woolly-frizzy hair. They are good all rounders.

HEAT UP
=======
About 15 seconds and they had achieved the required temperature.

QUICKER
========
Obviously the straightening process can be quicker with wider plates and the glide is important.
Sometimes they required one pass and other times I needed to wait on each section, (two or three passes with the straighteners occasionally.)

LONG LASTING
============
The straighteners did an effective job. The results lasted for a day rather than hours.

BASIC
=====
They are a very basic straightener but fine. They have a lock to keep them together.

ALTERNATIVES
============
Nicky Clarke Desired Hair Straightener which are a little more expensive but are quicker.

OVERALL
=======
If you need no nonsense straighteners these are ones to put on your shortlist.

iMantara Siamese Serenity Refining Body Polish
iMantara Siamese Serenity Refining Body Polish

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 22 Aug. 2016
WHAT IS IT
=========
It's an expensive but lovely exfoliator.
I had this in a posh spa once, I was told it's good for all types of skin and had a "body polish" to exfoliate and cleanse the whole of my body.
Afterwards I had a full-body mask.

PROS
=====
Easy to apply
Good Brand
Always used in top end spas
Simple to use
I like the smell
ideal for the whole body
felt fantastic afterwards

CONS
=====
I don't think it's suitable for the face

MARKS OUT OF 10
===============
9.3

PACKAGING
==========
9.0

EFFECTIVE
9.3

OVERALL
=======
If you need a spa treatment with top end products this is one to consider.

Kenwood Spiralizer, 0.5 Litre, White/Green
Kenwood Spiralizer, 0.5 Litre, White/Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Spiraliser, 21 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK if you're considering getting one of these I'd recommend the book. Spiralize Now: 80 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for your Spiralizer

I've tried two other spiralisers: Müeller Spiral-Pro which is great and the FabQuality Spiraliser which is cheaper and OK.

This in comparison is neither better nor worse. It does the job and I had no problems with it.

Mt biggest issue with it is that it doesn't look or feel like a top quality kitchen item. (like most other Kenwood items) It;s fine though, well made and easy to use. (I;d recommend after watching a few clips on youtube first.

Rapesco 825 2-Hole Metal Punch, 25 sheet Capacity - Silver
Rapesco 825 2-Hole Metal Punch, 25 sheet Capacity - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver hole punch, 20 Aug. 2016
CLASSIC
=======
It has a classic construction. It doesn't look modern or unusual,
It is an attractive looking hole punch (as hole punches go).

MEASURE
========
It has the standard plastic bit at the side which allows you to measure the ideal location for holes in A4 paper.

CONFETTI
========
It has the facility to make FREE confetti. You could get rich with this.
Make confetti
Sell confetti
I tried but my first attempt fell on the floor and I ended up hoovering it up. But don't let this put you off trying to get rich.

CONSTRUCTION
=============
Metal construction which is built to last a year or two.

HOLES
======
I managed 25 sheets of A4 paper.

OVERALL
========
A hole puncher that looks nice with a decent 25 hole capacity. I'll update the review if I have problems. Hope this helps.

Rapesco Hole Punch - 835, 40-sheet capacity. Black
Rapesco Hole Punch - 835, 40-sheet capacity. Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy weight, 20 Aug. 2016
CLASSIC
=======
It has a classic construction. It doesn't look modern or unusual, It has the same style that I remember hole punches from 20 years ago. You could say classic. You could say boring. (I have to admit though it'd be difficult to design a non standard hole punch..)
As hole punches go it's a very standard looking hole puncher.

MEASURE

CONFETTI
========
It has the facility to make FREE confetti. You could get rich with this.
Make confetti
Sell confetti

CONSTRUCTION
=============
Metal construction which is built to last a long time. It's a heavyweight.

HOLES
======
I managed 41 sheets of A4 paper.

OVERALL
========
A hole puncher with nothing special to say about it. It looks nothing special but is solidly constructed. I'll update the review if I have problems. Hope this helps.

Distraction Pieces
Distraction Pieces
by Scroobius Pip

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 19 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Distraction Pieces (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pip is a well known rapper who is both witty and engaging. That doesn't always transfer to being a good wordsmith in a book.

This is a surprising book for me, one that I read in one sitting and it's the type of book that will be passed on to others.

It has a real feel of cosy chats (and interesting chats) between longlasting friends.

If you like the podcasts you'll love this.

He's a great rapper and a fantastic writer.

3M Portable Two in One Flip Chart and Dry Erase White Board Table Top Meeting Chart, 20 Sheets - 50 x 58cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good portable flipchart, 19 Aug. 2016
POST IT
=======
I'm used to standard Post-it notes. This is huge in comparison. Just over two rulers high. Many offices have a white board easel with the accompanying pad. This is an alternative. It also says it's suitable for being a dry board. For me it's ok, but it's not as good as a proper dry wipe board. But for portable use it's fine.
If you don't need the portability there is a five pack of A1 flipchart paper is available for cheaper.
5 Star Office Flipchart Pad Perforated 40 Sheets A1 Plain (Pack of 5)
But for one off presentations this is a good option. In terms of a temporary solution I think it's superb. But if you need it for regular presentations I'd recommend the more permanent solution.

SUPER
======
This is a super sticky. I was able to use it than stick it on the wall.

USES
Presentations
Brainstorming
Drawings
Teaching

OVERALL
========
It's not for me as a permanent solution. It sticks adequately but it's no better than using an easel Q-Connect Flipchart Easel A1 - Pack of 1 and one of the above pads.
However, as a one off, or if space is limited this is ideal. (I suppose if you travel this would be good too)

Classic Pooh Eeyore Standing on His Head Figure
Classic Pooh Eeyore Standing on His Head Figure
Offered by Three Little Bears Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Eeyore, 19 Aug. 2016
SIZE
====
It's 7 CMs high. So quite a cute sized ornament. The detail is impressive and it really is beautiful hand painted.

TEXTURE
========
It has a linen type texture finish.

CUTE
====
It is cute, and if you like Eeyore then you will probably like this.

PRESENTATION
============
It comes in a rather pretty presentation box and would make a nice gift.

OVERALL
========
It's a nice, reasonably priced, well made Eeyore ornament.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20