Profile for the lambanana > Reviews

Content by the lambanana
Top Reviewer Ranking: 79

the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Almond By EGOZ Mummy Sleeping Bag Easy to Carry Warm Adult Outdoor Sports Camping Hiking With Carry Bag LightWeight Comfortable (Blue)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm Warm Warm, 29 Mar. 2015
=========
It's a well made sleeping bag, with the zip firmly in place and the stitching tight.

WARM
====
It's snuggly. Not too hot, whilst neither cold. I'd say it's ideal for the English spring and summer. It's not the type that you could use in winter. (Not that I would camp in winter, but some people do)

FOLDS AWAY
==========
It folds away to almost nothing. About 40 Cms x 15 Cms little roll.

OVERALL
=======
If you're going to a festival or camping in the UK in summer, this is one to consider.

TaoTronics® Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Wireless & Mobile, 10 Hour Battery Life, 33 ft Range, Built-in Microphone, USB & Aux Input, NFC Compatible)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Portable, 28 Mar. 2015
LIGHT AND PORTABLE
==================
It's light, portable and the sound is quite impressive.

BOSE QUALITY
============
Bose quality? Hmmmnn no. The quality is fine. Better than fine actually, but just not 'top end.'

=========
Yes. The packaging is OK. The unit out of the box displayed no faults and was very easy to set up.

BATTERY
I got over 9 hours.

LOADS OF BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
===========================
There are tons and tons of them. This is fine. I wouldn't recommend the Jam Rewind Bluetooth Wireless Speaker as mine developed a fault.
If you can stretch to it the Creative Sound Blaster Roar Speaker: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer is double the price but is a 'premium' speaker. (It's not as portable as this though)

OVERALL
=======
A good little speaker. Ideal if you need a good sound AND portability.

Sony LCJ-RXF Leatherette Custom Fit Jacket Case for RX100 MK2, RX100 MK3
Sony LCJ-RXF Leatherette Custom Fit Jacket Case for RX100 MK2, RX100 MK3

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 28 Mar. 2015
=========
It's lovely and well made. It perfectly compliments the best camera in the world. http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1UZC17BLDOQOG

SNUG
Fits perfectly.

ALTERNATIVES
============
Initially when the MK3 was released this was your only option. There are now several alternatives. Some badly made and some superb options.
I have used the First2savvv black Full body Leather Camera Case pouch Bag for Sony RX100 M3 RX100 III which is only 15% of this price and is almost as good. (ie you could buy 6 for the price of this Sony)

COLOUR
======
Black. And only available in black. My wife also has the M3 and she has "girlied" hers with First2savvv pink Full body Leather Camera Case pouch Bag for Sony RX100 M2 RX100 II

OVERALL
=======
Well made and ideal. But a tad expensive compared with the competition.
Hope this helps.

Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-RX100 III DSCRX100M3.CE3 ( 20.9 MP,3 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Offered by PHOTO UNIVERS

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CAMERA 2014, 28 Mar. 2015
So I finally got my hands on the Sony RX100 M3 permanently. Have I changed my mind about it being the BEST camera of 2014? Read on and I'll tell you.

If you're not going to read the full review this is an enthusiast's camera which has a very high spec. The sensor captures detail that you would normally only dream of. Even in low light.

RX100 M3
========
RX100 M3 is a 20 meg light camera that can fit in the palm of your hand. It's perfect for those moments when you want to capture something quick and unobtrusively. When you have a huge kit: people notice. This beauty is so small that it could be used by spies. (ok, maybe not that small, but you get the point.)
It is the most capable compact camera of this year. Actually it's the most capable camera that I've ever seen.
The older RX100 was good, if not perfect. But this has those added elements that make it better. The RX100 M3 has a built-in viewfinder that pops up and with it, the camera turns on. Pop it down and it's off.

LOOKS
=====
Small, and perfectly formed. There are no retro looks here. It could be argued, perhaps, that the RX100 looks 'too' small. I don't think it is to be fair. I think it's a bit like a tardis. I'm amazed at what they can place into such a tiny gem. The lens, sensor, viewfinder all crammed into a super, small seductress.

CHARGE
======
It charges with USB. I used to think that was a minus. However it's possible to charge it on the go with a portable charger. a powerbank (or cigarette lighter)
If need be, you can always get a spare battery or two and separate charger.

ISO
===
ISO can be as low as 80.

INTERFACE
=========
On the odd camera I've used the software is a weak point. It's like it's been designed in 1982 on a zx81.
This is intuitive.
It has three custom profiles allowing you to set the quality, iso, etc.
It does have lots of options. Sometimes, maybe, too many options?
But it's probably best to have too many options rather than too few.

FACE DETECTION
==============
Even in low light this was superb and faultless.

LARGE SENSOR
============
A good lens and a large sensor means that superb results are ALMOST guaranteed. A simple scan on Flickr of the photographs taken with this beauty really will take your breath away. We were away in Lyon for the Festival of Lights. I must have taken hundreds of photographs. Dark scenes, early morning etc. Each one was amazing.

QUICK
=====
CLICK, click, click. No lag. I was impressed. It's easy to simply have it in your pocket and it's instantly on with the click of the viewfinder.

VIDEO
=====
I know you'll be buying it for photography but the video is superb. Detailed and in the "very good camcorder category". The quality is of the level that you could make films with it. The only downside if this is your primary objective id there is no separate mic support.

BATTERY
=======
I got about 700 pics. Not bad.

IMAGES
======
They are vivid. They are clear. There's little noise and the colour reproduction is amazing. It won't disappoint.

CONS
====
Zoom could be a little quicker.
I don't think it would survive a drop on the floor.
Some have complained that when pushing the viewfinder back, this turns it off. I like that as a feature.

RECOMMENDED
===========
The RX100 M2 was a superb camera and this gem has improved on that.
In terms of the size, the quality of the photos and ease of use I can see a lot of people ditching their full camera kit in favour of this.
If you are after a small, beautiful, perfect camera then look no further.

I LOVE IT!

Oral-B TriZone Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Oral-B TriZone Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Offered by DA WAREHOUSE

4.0 out of 5 stars NEED CLEAN TEETH, 27 Mar. 2015
ADVICE
======
Only buy them from Amazon. The reviews of fakes etc tend to be from marketplace sellers.

OK
==
For me they're OK. But for a better result I prefer the smaller head ones. Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3
I asked my dentist which are better. He said that the smaller heads are better.

BIGGER
======
However, if you prefer the feel of a traditional toothbrush these resemble the classic shape and you may prefer them.
They're fine actually. I like them. I just prefer the other type. Would I use them again? Probably.

PRICE
=====
They do fluctuate, so if you can, pop them in your basket until they reach a price you're happy with

Tumi Casual Daypack
Tumi Casual Daypack

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Luxury Luxury.... It's lovely, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tumi Casual Daypack (Apparel)
BEAUTIFUL
=========
I don't think that you will find a more beautiful bag than this.
It's incredibly stylish, very well made and oooozzes "wow"

FUNCTIONAL
==========
Apart from being lovely to look at, it's also got enough pockets, zips and compartments to satisfy most people.

OVERALL
========
One of the best bags you could hope to own. However, the price is always astronomical.
If you're after a luxury, well made gorgeous bag it's one to consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS SPEAKER, 26 Mar. 2015
QUICK REVIEW
============
I've had many bluetooth speakers over the years and this is certainly one of the best I've used. It's stylish, good looking and the sound is impressive.

PROS:
Amazing build quality
Full of features
Well balanced sound with awesome bass
Superb battery life
Can be charged by usb

CONS:
Some of the features I don't think I'll ever use

FULL REVIEW
===========
I have used the Bose and was impressed at the styling and the sound was faultless.Bose ® SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III
Then along came this little gem. Does it look better? I don't think it does. But it has charm, warmth and is the perfect guest. So in terms of looks the bose wins. But only just.

SOUND
=====
This is where I thought the bose would win hands down. But side by side, I actually prefer the ROAR. The bass is more natural but loud.
It's clear, defined, and resounding.
The "ROAR" (I'm sorry but I have to put it in capitols) has 5 speaker drivers and a bi-amp design

FRONT
Two 1.5" forward facing, far-field high frequency drivers
===
Active, high-excursion 2.5" driver that handles bass and mid frequencies.
SIDE

playback via Micro SD
An SIREN function
NFC pairing
charger via usb

There's loads more and they work well. But I'm not sure I'll ever use the record a telephone conversation feature.

WOW WOW WOW
===========
Apart from the gimmicky features it really is a fantastic and impressive speaker. The sound can be low, with added bass or extraordinarily loud! For example I took this to the local park. It was loud from 50 metres away.

LOOKS
=====
I would marry this if I was allowed to. (I can't for two reasons: one I'm already married and secondly it's much younger than me)
It does turn heads though. Sleek and much better looking in real life that the photos. I know you shouldn't say this, particularly in 2015, but it's a foxy looking speaker.

VALUE
=====
Cheaper than the bose but just as well made.

OVERALL
=======
Beautiful looking speaker with a fabulous sound. It's one to put on the shortlist if you're after a quality speaker.

AA Car Essentials Warning Triangle
AA Car Essentials Warning Triangle
Offered by Profile Autones

4.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP, 26 Mar. 2015
CHEAP
======
Delivered within a few days for a few pounds. I expected it to be awful...

WAS IT AWFUL
============
No. It's not top quality but it does the job.

OVERALL
=======
Good value, cheap and just the job for holidaying in Europe.

Bluefinger Bluetooth Earphone/headsets with Portable Power Bank, 7800mah, Safe, Clear and Efficient

5.0 out of 5 stars TWO IN ONE, 26 Mar. 2015
POWER BANK
==========
It's easy to charge and I managed to get three charges out of it with an iPhone.

STYLE
=====
As powerbanks go, this is one of the prettier ones.

WHAT ELSE
=========
What else? Well, it comes with a blue tooth headset that wouldn't look out of place in a steps tribute group.

HEADSET
=======
It works. Will I use it? No. Only because I don't want to look more stupid than normal.

OVERALL
=======
Good looking powerbank.

Bluefinger Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Hk3960 2.4ghz Wireless Shine Combo (pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 26 Mar. 2015
LOOKS NICE
==========
It's bright and surprisingly well made.

GOOD
====
On a typical day I'll use a keyboard from 5-9 hours. So it has to be comfortable. The typing is solid. The mouse is easy to handle and clicks easily.

SOUND
=====
Some keyboards can be a little noisy. This one is fine.

OVERALL
=======
Looks nice, well made and a pleasure to use. One to consider if you're replacing a keyborard.
Hope this helps..