Profile for Gillian Turnbull > Reviews

Content by Gillian Turnbull

Gillian Turnbull (Edinburgh, Scotland)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked until it broke., 26 Aug. 2013
I bought the 1m cable a couple of weeks ago, it arrived promptly and, despite some slight problems initially with getting my phone to recognise it as a charger, it worked perfectly.

Until last night.

As I was going to bed I took my phone off the charger to lie it on the bed (I have an app that monitors your sleep patterns and activates your alarm accordingly). However, when I woke up in the morning I picked up my phone to find that the actual charger connector bit was still stuck in my phone. It was difficult to remove, being so small, and I was unable to reconnect it with the cable. It looks as though it may have been glued in before, and not well.

I wasn't expecting much when I bought the charger but I had lost my apple one and needed a cheap and quick replacement. However, I did expect it to last more than 12 days...

It doesn't look like Apple are going to be much help either, from the looks of the reviews of the (ridiculously overpriced) real charger on the apple store, it's just as bad as the fake ones.

Vivitar F314 BLACK Digital Camera -14MP, 3x Optical zoom, Face detection, Anti-shake

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap means cheap., 6 Aug. 2011
I recently bought this from a friend as it was an unwanted birthday present. I was looking for a good quality point and shoot as my SLR is a bit of a pain when it comes to taking pictures out and about as it's rather big and bulky. This camera is 14 MP so, so far so good. However the image quality is horrendous. The colour quality especially is terrible. The colour range is so basic that even my phone camera from about 5 years ago captured better quality images. Please don't buy this camera, 14 MP means nothing when all those millions of pixels are garish, unnatural and sometimes just large patches of white where the flash has hit. If, however, you want a camera that will make you and your friends look like you're one of those photographic clipart pictures from the 90s then go ahead.

Yuck.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Cried. On a Plane., 4 July 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I watched this out of curiosity and boredom on a flight home from Australia. I had a lot of time on my hands and didn't want to sleep so I figured "why not?". I ended up finding a new favourite film. From the first scene I was hooked. Not what I was expecting AT ALL!! The girl who plays the little sister is AMAZING, she's so natural. I won't delve into the plot as it's hard to explain without giving too much away, but I will say that I ended up with tears rolling down my cheeks in a state of shock (until the pilot interrupted to tell us we were landing, spoiling the moment, how rude!! lol). Once it was over I couldn't wait to watch it with my friends and family just to watch their reactions, maybe partly since my own was cut short lol.

I would definitely recommend this film to anyone, and if you're unsure because it's Robert Pattinson, don't be, this is not Twilight.