Profile for john > Reviews

Content by john

john

The Dark Side - Real Life Accounts of an NHS Paramedic - The Good, the Bad and the Downright Ugly

4.0 out of 5 stars A great & at times grim account of a paramedic s precious work., 24 Jun. 2013
I 're read this book in three hour's,once you start it's hard to put down,it makes you think how precious life is as the as author state's,also he goes into full detail of every life or death or harrowing situation' s and horrific accident without holding back.
That is what makes the book such a great read,I thought it might be a bit predictable,but every story is different and has different outcomes,which I would expect' but the author tells it in such an intense fashion that you can feel his pressure that he was going through in each story.
I had a bad trauma accident that has left me permitly impaired for life,I went through five years of not know if I would lose my left leg as a result.Thankfully I didn't, but it changed my life forever and have a steel pin up to my knee holding my ankle together,all also on strong pain killers and still recovering as I write this review,my bone is still growing around latest pin or fusion I had done.
This book has made me realize how lucky I am to have amazing doctors,surgeon's around,but most importantly is guys like Andy the author who are first on the scene and are the ones that save your life and try there best to make sure it's a good outcome for you.I have nothing but total respect for them,they are angels in my eyes,there quick thinking actions in adrenalin fuelled pressure on there behalf is amazing and Andy gives you a no holes barred account of the daily pressure they face in twelve hours each day.The way that he explains each story is almost as if you are there,it's a true gripping and harrowing insight of the amazing life saving traumatic jobs that the paramedic' s face daily,it made me think when you see the paramedic' s bring a patient into hope,there not just putting them in the back too hosp,they are making life or death decision' s and are essential for your outcome.It's the paramedic' s who start the progress of saving and helping you under extreme pressure most times as the Author makes clear in the book,I take my hat off too them for there work.I highly recommended this book not just for the way it grips you when you hear all the story's,but it makes you think about life in general and how you should enjoy everyday as a blessing,after reading this you just don't know the minute is as true saying,I know that after my accident,but Andy's book puts it into perspective big-time.