Profile for K > Reviews

Content by K

K

Page: 1 | 2
OMOTON 2017 iPad Screen Protector, iPad Pro 9.7 Screen Protector, Apple Pencil Compatible-Tempered Glass with [Scratch Resistant] [Crystal Clear] [Bubble Free] for New iPad 2017, iPad Pro 9.7
Offered by OMOTON UK

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, I am glad that I have bought this screen protector., 9 Jan. 2017
I bought this screen protector based on the many positive reviews of the product. So far, I am glad that I have.

This Omoton iPad Pro 9.7 screen protector arrived promptly.
It was very well packaged so as to protect the screen from damage as much as possible whilst in transit.
It came with a wet and dry wipe to clean the iPad screen prior to applying the protector. I found that the wet wipe was too 'wet' & therefore you had to use the dry wipe / microfibre cloth afterwards. However, the dry wipe left loads of fibres on the screen, thereby defeating the purpose of the wet wipe. I also found that the microfibre cloth also left fibres. I found that using a glasses wipes towelette (glasses wearers will have probably come across these - I used the W5 ones from Lidl!) worked so much better - cleaned the screen without leaving any wet streaks or fibres.
When applying the protector, I found that making use of the sticky tabs to form a hinge was rather cumbersome - I tested this several times (before peeling off the film at the back of the protector) and each time I 'closed' the protector over the screen, it wouldn't align properly. I, therefore, resorted to applying the protector in the standard way, without the hinge mechanism, by holding the edges of the protector (thumbs on the long edge nearest the body and index fingers on each of the respective short edges thereby not touching the back of the protector & getting finger marks/dust on it) and placing it over the screen. I had no trouble applying it in this way, but I do have long fingers so could hold the protector firmly & steadily. I got the protector on first time and perfectly aligned without any bubbles - the protector seems to stick itself down in a way that doesn't create air bubbles. However, if you do get bubbles, the kit comes with a piece of plastic that helps you to smooth things out.
With the protector on the iPad, there is no adverse effect on the clarity of the screen or the touch/swipe etc. responsiveness of the iPad. I don't have an Apple pencil so cannot comment on the effect of the protector on its function, however, other reviewers have commented on this.
I disagree that the screen is oleophobic - my fingerprints come up all over it - but they are really easy to wipe off.
It doesn't add any noticeable thickness to the iPad - you wouldn't really know that you have a screen protector on at all.
I haven't had the screen protector on long enough yet to comment on its longevity ie: whether or not it will start to lose its stickiness and come away after a while. However, if it does start to fall off, I shall update this review.

iPhone 7 Case, Protective Phone Cover with [Tempered Glass Screen Protector], Anti-Scratch Shockproof Heavy Duty Rugged Non-slip Grip Cover for iPhone 7 4.7"-Matte Black
Offered by Bestbuy Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Applying the screen protector was easy - no bubbles, 9 Jan. 2017
This iPhone 7 case with tempered glass screen protector arrived promptly.
Applying the screen protector was easy - no bubbles.
As another reviewer has already reported, the protector doesn't cover the entire screen, which I gather is for technical reasons and comparable to other glass screen protectors. I do, however, find the gap between the screen protector and edge of the phone case annoying (as dust & dirt gathers here). If the screen protector cannot be made to cover the entire screen, I personally would have preferred that the case is made to overlap the phone more so that its edge meets the edge of the protector (ie: no gap), given that this wouldn't compromise the functional screen area of the phone anyway.
As for the case itself, it fits the phone really well. The case is made such that the buttons are covered (as opposed to a cut out in the case), but there is no difficulty with accessing/using the buttons at all. The case feels robust and gives me confidence that it will provide adequate protection for the phone. It doesn't feel bulky.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 9 Jan. 2017
This iphone 5s hard case arrived promptly.
It has a lovely velvety-rubbery feel to it, which makes it feel secure in your hand.
It fits around the phone well, with easy access to the relevant buttons.
With a Tech Armor Premium High Definition Clear Screen Protector (ie: a non-tempered glass one) on the phone, it doesn't affect the fit of the case. I personally prefer that the colours of the case are less bright in reality than in the pictures shown.
I haven't had the case for long enough yet to determine how protective it is or its longevity.

Juliana Wings of Love Wedding Keepsake Box with Silver Butterflies
Juliana Wings of Love Wedding Keepsake Box with Silver Butterflies
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional, 4 Sept. 2015
This is a beautiful keepsake box, appearance as pictured. I bought this for the bride-to-be to keep her wedding keepsakes in although it's not wedding-specific. It comes wrapped in sealed polythene and the box itself is in immaculate condition. It isn't heavy but feels sturdy. Beautiful and functional!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality keepsake, 4 Sept. 2015
This is such a lovely item. It's approximately 7.5cm x 7.5cm in size. It has the appearance of a very good quality product and comes as pictured. As others have remarked before, there is a plaque at the back on which some engraving can be done. It's a shame an engraving service isn't available as an option at the point of purchase. It makes for a beautiful keepsake.

Don'ts for Wives
Don'ts for Wives
by Blanche Ebbutt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light-hearted gift, 4 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Don'ts for Wives (Hardcover)
Based on the reviews of others, this was bought as a light-hearted gift for the bride-to-be. It's beautifully presented as shown in the picture, as you would expect an "old" book to be. The pages of the book are of good quality and cream in colour. It's a lovely little book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ink does not flow, 3 Sept. 2015
I have used these pens before, purchased from a reputable office supplies company, and I loved them because they write beautifully smoothly. When I came across these on Amazon for a third of the price, I didn't hesitate to buy them. Unfortunately, the pens that I've received are of very poor quality in comparison (which I guess explains the price difference!). They fall apart easily and the most annoying thing is that the ink does not flow properly. I have now been through an entire pack of 12 and with every single pen, the ink stops flowing after a few words or short sentences. I have to give the pen a good shake to get the ink flowing again.

PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Protein Powder - 1 kg, Chocolate Mint
PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Protein Powder - 1 kg, Chocolate Mint

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this flavour, 3 Sept. 2015
I love this flavour. Of all the ones I've tried, I rate them as follows:

1. Chocolate mint 10/10
2. Vanilla creme 9/10
3. Strawberry 6/10 (and I'm normally a strawberry lover)
4. Belgian chocolate 5/10

I really didn't like the strawberry or belgian chocolate ones when mixed with skimmed milk, but they improved when I used water instead. I have since only used water to mix the shakes and the ratings are reflective of this.

chinkyboo Retro Bronze Pocket Foldable Make-Up Compact Mirror
chinkyboo Retro Bronze Pocket Foldable Make-Up Compact Mirror

2.0 out of 5 stars It does look as cheap as it is so I wouldn't recommend it as a gift, 3 Sept. 2015
It's functional although the clasp is a bit temperamental. It does look as cheap as it is so I wouldn't recommend it as a gift.

Ladies Stunning Silver Satin Feel Wrap Shawl Scarf
Ladies Stunning Silver Satin Feel Wrap Shawl Scarf
Offered by Central Chic

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 3 Sept. 2015
I bought this intending to wear it to a wedding. However, it is of such poor quality that I had to buy myself another one from a reputable high street retailer, which is of far superior quality yet equivalent in price. The wrap that I received was thin and certainly not of "satin soft touch" as described, but rather quite rough and scratchy. It wasn't silver as I expected, but much more of a darkish grey. Certainly not worth the money!

Page: 1 | 2