Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (The Hague, Netherlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)
One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)
by Julie Cohen

3.0 out of 5 stars ... as said before.. it's alright..., 29 May 2012
As another reviewer said, it's alright...It didn't make me want to throw it at the wall, but I mostly read it 'cause there wasn't much else to read.

I Love You as Big as the World
I Love You as Big as the World
by David Van Buren

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic read before bed time, 2 Dec. 2011
my kid and I love this one. and it's a great book that is always followed by a cuddle :) very loving lovely book.

Johnny Be Good
Johnny Be Good

2.0 out of 5 stars goes to show ...., 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Johnny Be Good (Paperback)
I like Paige Toon's other novels. I look at other people's reviews of this book, and most loved it.. I hated it! I actually hated it so much, that i quit reading after 50 pages... I suppose, not my cuppa.

Lucy in the Sky
Lucy in the Sky

4.0 out of 5 stars a pretty good one, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
Paige Toon delivers... I think this one is my favorite of all her books :) Funny, good read that keeps you reading, and there are no annoying switches or skips. It all goes smoothly so a good read overall.

Pictures of Lily
Pictures of Lily

4.0 out of 5 stars an entertaining read, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Pictures of Lily (Paperback)
It was an entertainig read, but not a book I am keeping...Funny, interesting, but ... a bit dragging. I mean, you know from moment one about Lily and Ben... but it drags on and on and then all of the sudden SWITCH and about 50 pages later the book ends.... Kinda a let down in that sense. but overall, a good summer/day off read.

Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh
Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh
by Sarah Weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars one of our favorites...., 13 Sept. 2011
my daughter loves that book, along with the other Mrs. McNosh stories. And i love reading them to her :)

The Birds and the Bees
The Birds and the Bees
by Milly Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars a very entertaining read, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Birds and the Bees (Paperback)
a very entertaining read. I chuckled quite a few times. the only frustration was with the Scotish English.... I had to read it out loud sometimes to try to figure out what the heck :) but I guess it just added to the entertainment.

The Glass Painter's Daughter
The Glass Painter's Daughter
by Rachel Hore

4.0 out of 5 stars a very good read, 1 Mar. 2011
This was the third book from Rachel Hore which I read. Considering that just before this one I read "The Dream House" and was very much disapointed, I had rather low expectations of this one. And, surprisingly, I think this one is the best of them all. A relatively light read (but not empty), I found myself unable to put it down :).
Having said that, there are common and predictable themes in most of Rachel Hore's books, that come up here -- absent mother, cold father, a love interest for the heroine which does not show up until later on, although you can kinda figure out that it's coming, and of course, the trips to the past times, which actually in this one were the most interesting to me.

I recomend it for a gloomy day. Will keep you entertained.

The Dream House
The Dream House
by Rachel Hore

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good... but not as good as the other ones, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Dream House (Paperback)
I liked this book... BUT.... It took quite for some time for the book to really start. I remember being around page 100 and wondering if I should just quit all together, or keep on going. Good thing I did keep on reading, but it still left a bit of a negative impression.

The Love of Her Life
The Love of Her Life
by Harriet Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended read, 26 July 2009
This review is from: The Love of Her Life (Paperback)
I have a bit of a love affair going on with Harriet Evans's novels, and this one is yet another winner. Very well written, great characters and the mystery that will have you go "whaaaaaaaaaaat? NO way!!" at one point. As you are reading, different pieces of the puzzle are being revealed, and I actually found myself going back to earlier sections to remind myself of the details.
This book, as only few before, have made me smile with joy, but also cry with pain at one point, and you can't help but hope that Katy will finally get together with the man who is the love of her life, as they are soooo good together!
I still LOVE "Going Home" (must be the case of a very bad first love I guess) but this one is just as brilliant!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3