Profile for Geena D > Reviews

Content by Geena D

Geena D

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Stainless Steel Business Name Card Case Holder Organizer - Rerii Arc-Shaped Leather Surface, Business Card Case, Name Card Holder, Credit ID Card Organizer
Offered by AiGeLong

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, Great Quality. Holds 8 x 400gsm business cards, 19 May 2016
Wonderful quality. Looks really smart and feels nice to hold. My cards are printed on 400gsm stock and I can fit 8 cards into the holder depth wise. The underside of the lid is lined with a black velvety covering so you can't spoil the look of it with greasy finger prints.

PhotoGeeks Folding Shooting Table 60x100cm with 10 Clamps / Photographic Studio / Pure White Background / Plexiglass Non-Reflective Surface / Product Lighting / Diffuser / Home Studio / White Background
Offered by PhotoGeeks

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not confident it's going to last and it's very low, 18 May 2016
The only way I found I could fit the white plastic top into the table frame was to flex the plastic outwards in the middle whilst slotting the top into the clamps at the top and bottom of the frame then apply pressure on the middle of the plastic to invert it in the way shown in the picture.

The act of doing this caused the clamps at the bottom of the table to pop up. The clamps did not break on the first use and I haven't reassembled the table since but I'm concerned they may break in the future.

I haven't looked at the height of other shooting tables but I found this one a bit too low. I had to kneel on the floor to shoot anything on the table which is not comfortable for any length of time.

Palmolive Bergamot & Verbena Refreshing & Aromatic Hand Wash Liquid Soap 250ml
Palmolive Bergamot & Verbena Refreshing & Aromatic Hand Wash Liquid Soap 250ml

3.0 out of 5 stars As refreshing as a plugin air freshener, 18 May 2016
I bought this product to replace a Molton Brown Orange and Bergamot hand wash; it may be half the price but it's not comparable. The molton brown product has a fresh and fruity aroma, this hand wash reminds me of a plugin air freshener

Strawberry Gourmet Jelly Beans (500g bag)
Strawberry Gourmet Jelly Beans (500g bag)
Offered by Chocolate Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely strawberry flavour, 18 May 2016
These are lovely. They really are a delicious strawberry flavour. Difficult to stop eating.

For anyone who cares about the colour, they're red, not pink as they appear in this photo.

Bubble Gum Jelly Belly Beans 100g
Bubble Gum Jelly Belly Beans 100g
Offered by americangoodies

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste exactly like bubble gum, 18 May 2016
I bought these for photography and they are a perfect baby pastel pink.

They also taste exactly like bubble gum.

Tiffen 82PM12 82mm Pro-Mist 1/2 Filter
Tiffen 82PM12 82mm Pro-Mist 1/2 Filter

3.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive and results not brilliant, 18 May 2016
Right now I'm wondering if that was a good investment because I'm not loving the results from a photographic perspective.

What I notice when shooting like for like shots - with and without the filter - the light is definitely more evenly diffused with the filter (so less contrast) but the overall effect is also a softening of the focus on the subject. Sure it reduces the impact of facial lines and blemishes but images also have less punch.

The jury's still out for me on this one.

BinStrap Bond-On
BinStrap Bond-On
Offered by Green Money Savers

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay stuck in bad weather, extremely strong and flexible, 15 April 2016
This review is from: BinStrap Bond-On
We've only had these on our wheelie bins for a few weeks but it's been a rainy few weeks and they're really firmly stuck still. I was worried our bin-men might rip these off as they're not very careful but actually there's no need to give them the opportunity; when we put our bin out for collection, we unlock the strap and rotate it on it's pivot (the strap rotates to a position over the lid) so that it's not in the way for emptying.

Lensbaby: Bending your perspective
Lensbaby: Bending your perspective
by Corey Hilz

3.0 out of 5 stars I got more inspiration from Google than I did from this book, 14 April 2016
I looked for inspiration on google before buying this Lensbaby book and now that I've got the book I think the google results were better. I say that because the information and photos I found on google were for the Lensbaby product that I own whereas this book covers all flavours, of which there are many.

In my opinion, there were three stunning images in this book and about seven quite interesting shots (the rest were not special); unfortunately, just one of the ten shots that I liked in the book was taken using the product I own. I really like photo books that tell you how each shot was set up and which settings were used as I find it's a great starting point for creating my own shots; this book doesn't provide that information or a lot of other information to help anyone develop their skills with Lensbaby products.

The one thi

Trillion Elegance SC (60W) E27 Screw Bulb (Gold)
Trillion Elegance SC (60W) E27 Screw Bulb (Gold)
Offered by Handy Stores London Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for external lanterns - looks exactly like product shot at night, 14 April 2016
I'm using this in an outside lantern and it looks the same as the product photo when switched on at night. I'm hoping, because it's an LED bulb, it will last a long time; either way, I'll update this review in the future

Womens Burgundy - Wine Diabetic Slippers UK 7
Womens Burgundy - Wine Diabetic Slippers UK 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooler lining for summer wear and machine washable, 14 April 2016
Bought these for my mum. They fit well (she's a wide fitting size 7), they're machine washable and they don't have a fur lining so should be cooler for summer than most of the other options with velcro fastening.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10