Profile for N. Mcconnell > Reviews

Content by N. Mcconnell

N. Mcconnell "mcconnell268"

NETGEAR GS205-100UKS 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch
NETGEAR GS205-100UKS 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny 5 port gigethernet switch, plug and play, tenner! Brilliant!, 9 Mar. 2017
Tiny 5 port gigethernet switch, plug and play, tenner! Brilliant!

Hisense 55 - Inch Widescreen 4K Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
Hisense 55 - Inch Widescreen 4K Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
Offered by Capital Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant TV, more than worth its money., 24 July 2016
Excellent TV especially for the money. Netflix and prime 4k streaming are so crisp on it and the colours are very rich with excellent contrast. HDR ready so it should be even better when HDR content comes out. Watching sky HD is not as good, especially contrast in dark scenes but I blame the source for that as this is not an issue with any of the streaming apps. The settings I've found best are:
Standard for most except
Ultra smooth motion: low
Noise reduction:low
Adaptive contrast: off
Overscan: off

Savisto 5KG Electronic High Accuracy Digital Kitchen Scales with Large LCD Display - Black Glass Platform Scale for Food / Herbs / Spices / Coffee
Offered by SAVISTO

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Mar. 2016
Excellent scales. Small and sleek, easy to store but very accurate. I would recommend highly.

Santa Stop Here Pet Sign - Jack Russell Terrier
Santa Stop Here Pet Sign - Jack Russell Terrier

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 27 Dec. 2014
Tiny. Not much bigger than a postcard

Guardians Of The Galaxy [DVD] [2014]
Guardians Of The Galaxy [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully enjoyable awesome adventure!, 7 Oct. 2014
Blew me away when I seen it in the cinema. Like many others have said I was like a little kid again watching star wars for the first time. Character, humour, adventure and great Sci - fi all in abundance make it my favourite movie for a very very long time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent steak seasoning for flavouring steak pie, 7 Aug. 2013
I mainly use this product when I am making steak pie. It adds a lovely flavour with a bit of kick to the stew. This product is also good for seasoning steaks and home made burgers. I thoroughly recommend it.

Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Offered by DREAM FIELD

2.0 out of 5 stars Too tinny sounding, no depth to the bass. Immediate return!, 21 Jun. 2013
I don't know why people are saying great sound, to me they were so tinny that they would have hurt my eardrums. The bass was also poor. Then again the amount of idiots paying £200-300 for mediocre Beats headphones....
They also felt a little heavy while on though i never had them on long enough for discomfort. I am returning them immediately and going for the Bose bluetooth headphones that I have tried in the shop. £200 well worth it if this is what you get for 70.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2013 9:58 AM BST

Tissot Gents Watch T-Touch Expert T0134204420200
Tissot Gents Watch T-Touch Expert T0134204420200
Offered by GENUINE WATCHES - EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, terrible customer service from Tissot,, 4 Jan. 2013
I bought this watch in August 2010. It is nice and comfortable and the touch screen works very well. Unfortunately just after it was out of warranty the battery went. I put it in through my local Tissot dealer for a service which they quoted as £75. Once Tissot got it they said it needed a complete service which costs £185. Anyone thinking of getting one, please consider carefully how much you're willing to pay to have a nice watch. Shelling out £500-600 on a watch means you expect quality and good customer service, not having to spend another £200 on it just a couple of years later.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 4:14 AM GMT

Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo DS)
Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Revolution Media

2.0 out of 5 stars How did the handwriting recognition get by quality control?, 1 Feb. 2009
The main point I want anyone to take away from this review is that the handwritng recogniton feature in this is absolutley TERRIBLE. The DS keeps mistaking my 5s for 4s and 2s for 7s and many other problems. I am lucky if one try out of 10 sees me successfully doing a challenge in a time I class as fair because it is constantly asking me to re-enter numbers. No matter how good this game is in principle, this has totally ruined my enjoyment of it.

Apple iPod 20GB - 3rd Generation [M9244B/A]
Apple iPod 20GB - 3rd Generation [M9244B/A]

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't run when you run!, 11 Mar. 2005
As much as i've had pleasure out of my ipod, with the fact that wherever I go I have my music collection with me. There's one exception. Anytime I try to go running with it, it literally jumps entire songs, sometimes entire playlists.
When I bought my Ipod it cost me £290. I thought it was worth it as i'd never have to buy another mp3 again. I'm afraid I was wrong. I would like to know what drugs the people who've given ipod a better rating than sony's hddmp3 are on. I've used both and sony's attrac format sounds as good as mp3 and has better compression, and the hard drive doesn't jump when you're running.
My ipod has crashed a few times and needed to be reset. If I charge it and don't use it it will dischrge itself, and sometimes even starts playing. It's battery life is crap, sony's lasts 4 time as long.
If you're thinking of buying mp3 at the moment, DON'T FALL FOR IPOD PROPOGANDA.