Profile for Otherkin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars I found it drying, 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a little underwhelmed with this lipstick. It claims not to dry or cake, but I found that a few hours after putting it on it was really accentuating the dryness on my lips and was settling into the creases of my lips. Not a very flattering look.

I also didn't particularly like the shade, as I prefer my lips to stand out rather than look the same as the rest of the skin on my face. This is just a matter of preference, though, and many women pull off the look really well.

I would only really recommend this lipstick if your lips are very well moisturised and not suffering from any chapping. Unfortunately in the winter months my lips always go a bit dry no matter how much care I take and this lipstick only served to enhance the dryness.

Suave Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo 428 ml
Suave Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo 428 ml
Offered by Deals of UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to the hype, 2 Jan. 2015
I purchased this shampoo based on the strength of reviews I had read. Unfortunately, the shampoo didn't live up to the hype for me.

As a basic shampoo, it works as you'd expect. It certainly cleans your hair thoroughly and you can use it every day. However, far from making my hair sleek as claimed, I found it quite drying and my hair became quite tangled and fluffy after use. When used in conjunction with a good conditioner this effect is lessened but I certainly can't use it as a standalone product.

It also creates a great deal of lather which is a negative for me as it indicates the product contains a lot of harsh detergents.

It's not particularly cheap, though you only need to use a small amount so a bottle does last some time. I still couldn't call this product good value though. It does seem to work very well for some people, but just didn't do anything for me.

Centrum Complete A-Z Multivitamins for Women, 30 Tablets
Centrum Complete A-Z Multivitamins for Women, 30 Tablets

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do anything, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I took these pills as directed, but didn't notice any increase in vitality or well-being. Perhaps because I'm healthy anyway there wasn't anything particularly for these pills to fix. Maybe somebody who is a bit under-nourished might notice an improvement in health when they start taking these vitamins.

Centrum Fruity Chewables Tablets - Pack of 30
Centrum Fruity Chewables Tablets - Pack of 30

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do anything, 1 Jan. 2015

Dermalex Rosacea Treatment 30g
Dermalex Rosacea Treatment 30g

2.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't have rosacea, but I do have some small broken capillaries around my nose and I hoped this ointment might help minimise their appearance. I applied the product as directed but am afraid to say that I didn't notice any change whatsoever. There were no negative effects, but no positive ones either. Maybe this product will help people with actual rosacea, but it didn't do anything for my broken capillaries or threadveins.

Sure Women Maximum Protection Confidence Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Sure Women Maximum Protection Confidence Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best antiperspirant I've ever used!, 25 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My trouble with antiperspirants is that I find they work for maybe a week or two but then I seem to become immune to them and the sweat starts breaking through.

This antiperspirant from Sure is the first I've ever used that works effectively and consistently without irritating the skin. It really has exceeded my expectations. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering, and the creamy formula actually feels quite soothing on the skin rather than itchy or drying. I find that three clicks of the wheel releases enough product for one underarm, and I'm then dry for the entire day, even these stifling hot days we've been having in the UK lately. This is close to a miracle to me, as usually I find myself sweating a bit even in temperate weather.

I must have been using this product for over two months now, and it still works just as well as ever and hasn't irritated my sensitive underarm skin at all. There's also still quite a lot of product left in the bottle, so you get a good amount for your money.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone, especially if you've found other antiperspirants ineffective and irritating in the past.

Revitive 2012 IX Circulation Booster
Revitive 2012 IX Circulation Booster
Offered by Coop Pharmacy 4U

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to have eased the heaviness in my legs, 29 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite often find myself with heaviness and pins and needles in my legs, and a throbbing if I sit still for too long. Since I've been using this machine, I do think these symptoms have abated slightly, though not disappeared all together.

The machine is easy to use. You can just rest your feet on it for half an hour or so while you're watching TV or using the computer. It doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable unless you turn it up very high. When you've found the right power setting for you, it actually feels quite soothing and pleasant.

Whether or not it is the placebo effect or just coincidence, the Revitive IX Circulation Booster does seem to be helping me a little. Either way, it is so little hassle to use that I will continue with it and hopefully see more results.

Is it worth the price? Maybe, but you may not notice the effects unless you have quite severe symptoms to begin with.

Tefal Minipro Multi-Function Chopper - 500 Watt
Tefal Minipro Multi-Function Chopper - 500 Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, useful product, 14 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's nothing much bad to say about this chopper. It is extremely simple to put together and use, and can mix, blend and anything in between!

I've made some delicious and healthy smoothies by just tipping in some roughly chopped fruit and yoghurt. The chopper blends all the ingredients to a silky smooth drink in no time. I've also delved into the little recipe book that comes with the appliance and have made some tasty soups.

It doesn't chop seeds and nuts very effectively, unlike some of its more expensive counterparts, but for the price I'm not complaining. It's a great, handy appliance and a very affordable price.

Beasts of the Southern Wild [DVD] [2012]
Beasts of the Southern Wild [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Quvenzhané Wallis
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A well made film, but not for me, 14 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is no denying this is a well made film. The cinematography, setting, plot, script and acting are all strong. The young lead is very appealing and does a great job.

However, I found the whole film a bit unsettling and, in a way, bleak. There's nothing wrong with that, and I've enjoyed similar films in the past, but for some reason this one just didn't grab me. I even found myself getting a little bored at times.

I don't disagree with any of the positive reviews and feel that my lack of appreciation for the film is more a reflection on me than the film itself.

Homedics Me My Elos Permanent Hair Removal System
Homedics Me My Elos Permanent Hair Removal System
Offered by Butik Concept

4.0 out of 5 stars Works! But not as effective as salon lasers, 12 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As somebody with fairly abundant dark hair, the traditional methods of hair removal aren't really an option for me. Shaving and depilatory creams leave me with stubble after one day, and waxing and epilation is painful, takes ages, and still only leaves me hair free for about a week.

A few years ago, in desperation, I turned to laser hair removal. I have never looked back. I have had some laser hair removal in a salon and have also used numerous home devices. Of the home devices I have used, which include the Philips Lumea SC2001/00 IPL Intense Pulsed Light Hair Removal System and the TRIA Permanent Hair Removal Laser System, the Elos system is the best.

Using the Elos can be a little fiddly. There are several buttons, some in rather counter intuitive places, and to make the device work you have to keep your thumb on the touch sensitive pad at all times which really can be a little awkward. However, once you get into the swing of using the machine, you can cover quite a large area of skin quickly. The size of the laser window is larger than other home systems I've used and the handset isn't too heavy, unlike some home device which can leave you with an aching wrist. I didn't find the procedure painful at all. As someone with pale skin and dark hair I used the highest power setting, and all I felt was a slight warmth.

I have used the system for a few weeks now and there is definitely a reduction in the amount of hair on the areas I have treated. The hair that has grown back is softer and lighter than the surrounding hair, and much hasn't grown back at all. For a home system, this is a great result.

However, I cannot stress enough that it is no comparison to laser hair removal in a salon. Home systems are simply not as powerful or as effective at permanently reducing the amount of body hair. Yes, using a salon laser is painful and expensive, but the results are second to none. With eight treatments spaced a month apart using a salon laser, the Candela GentleMax, I have gone from somebody with thick, dark, unmanageable body hair to somebody with just a few fine, light strands of hair in the areas I have had treated. In my experience, home systems do not yield anywhere near the same results unless used indefinitely every month or so.

For women with a serious body hair problem, I would recommend salon laser treatment every time. It's worth saving for and I can truly say it has changed my life. However, the Elos is a great option for women who are set on home laser hair removal. It is effective with ongoing usage, it isn't painful, it is pretty quick to use, and it is inexpensive for a machine of its type. However, beware! The laser cartridges themselves will need to be replaced after about 90 minutes of continuous use, and they aren't cheap.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16