Profile for Pete Farmer > Reviews

Design-Go Cabin Bottles -
Offered by T2 Enterprises Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars They leak, 19 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Design-Go Cabin Bottles -
Good idea, especially with the squirty attachment, but the set I had leaked and are being returned.

Bluetooth Mouse, TeckNet 3000DPI Wireless Mouse, 24 Month Battery Life With Battery Indicator, 3000/2000/1600/1200/800 dPi
Offered by VoxonStore

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 5 minutes, 12 May 2014
Huge mistake taking a chance on this; sometimes these gambles pay off, sometimes they don't - this is very much in the "don't". Worked first time, then just flat refused to work thereafter. Genuinely wish I had picked a more expensive branded one, which I shall order shortly - this one is in the bin - not worth the hassle to try and return.

Bad Science
Bad Science
by Ben Goldacre

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the uninformed, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Bad Science (Paperback)
I'm a scientist by background, so to be fair, I didn't learn a huge amount from this book, however, I would recommend it for anyone with an interest in good science and as an eye opener to many "claims" made in the market place. It is accessible and well written.

A5 TELCCWHM Classic Chrome Polished Master Telephone BT Plug Socket with White Insert

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective, 18 Mar. 2013
I'll be honest, when I first opened the box, I thought the mechanism (the switch rocker) was flimsy, but once it is wall mounted, it's fine and stable and solid.

Good quality finish, supplied with a comprehensive wiring guide for all sockets (not just the one it comes with), several of which are now kept in my tool box for future reference.

Be wary of the screws though - some of the ones I had didn't "catch" properly into the backing plate and I ended up recycling some of the ones from old sockets I was replacing. No matter for silver/chrome, but would be annoying with brass.

They don't supply gaskets (except with bronze), so don't use these for recently plastered/damp walls, otherwise the metal will tarnish.

Note that this is a master socket, so be careful with how you wire 2 and 5 if using it as an extension

Light Switch 2 Gang Polished Chrome - Classic - White Insert Metal Rocker Switches - 10A Double 2 Way

A5 Products SWI1GCCWC 10 A 2 Way Single Gang Light Switch - Chrome
A5 Products SWI1GCCWC 10 A 2 Way Single Gang Light Switch - Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective, 18 Mar. 2013

A5 FIS3PCCWC 3-Pole Classic Chrome Polished Fan Isolator with White Insert Metal Rocker Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective, 18 Mar. 2013

13A Double Plug Socket 2 Gang Polished Chrome Classic - White - Metal Rocker Switches
Offered by A5 Products Electrical Fittings & Lighting

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective., 18 Mar. 2013

Andrew James Large 1.2 Litre Cast Iron Electric Fondue - Suitable For All Types Of Fondue - 1000 Watts

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar. 2013
Very versatile (though haven't tried chocolate in it yet, apparently you have to keep the temperature very low) and a good solid bit of kit.

The seperate hotplate opens up many other possibilities (omelette station for example) and the cast iron pan means the fondue can be prepared on the hob first. Certainly far better than the paraffin powered ones. Only thing is to watch the heat - the hotplate is, well, enthusiastic - better to start low and turn up than have a boiling fondue as I did first time!

High Quality Union Jack Single Oven Glove Kitchen Accessory Oven Gauntlet
High Quality Union Jack Single Oven Glove Kitchen Accessory Oven Gauntlet
Offered by east2eden

2.0 out of 5 stars Melted, 18 Mar. 2013
Not sure whether I should be thankful that it protected my hand from being burnt, or if it just melted in proximity to the heat when I was holding a roasting tin over a flame to deglaze it. Since replaced with another manufactuer's product and haven't melted that one.

Can't say either way, but I am skeptical of the quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7