Profile for sherbie0204 > Reviews

"sherbie0204"

MORNING GLORY
MORNING GLORY

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Feel Good Stuff!, 1 Sept. 2017
This review is from: MORNING GLORY (Amazon Video)
Love this film! An easy going, fun, watchable movie with lots of laugh out loud moments. Rachel McAdams is fab, as is grumpy old Harrison Ford. Real feel good stuff!!

Life
Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a watch!, 7 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Life (Amazon Video)
Really enjoyed the film, lots of twists and great performances from all actors.

Christine ('16)
Christine ('16)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Christine ('16) (Amazon Video)
So slow I gave up after 30 minutes and fell asleep.

Ardisle Cat Eye Sunglasses Ladies Women Retro Vintage Shades Oversized Designer Large (Matte Black)
Offered by ardisle

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Glasses for a Big Face!, 18 Jun. 2017
Just arrived & am really pleased with them. My face is rather huge so I needed a big pair and these are perfect. Great value for money too! Would recommend!

The Daughter
The Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 30 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Daughter (Amazon Video)
Gentle, yet powerful story of lives turned upside down by the return of a family member to his hometown. Loved it.

Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong
Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong
by Gerry Agar

5.0 out of 5 stars This is no sensational tragic tale, 1 Dec. 2003
Paula Yates fascinated me from a very early age. Many of my fashion statements were influenced by this woman and up until meeting Michael, she seems to have had it all. I tried not to read the accounts of her gradual downfall in the tabloid press, the romantic in me not wanting to believe she could have fallen so far from 'grace'. I guess for some of us she'd become more like an old friend than an untouchable celebrity over the years and it appeared as though like many of us, all she ever wanted was to be happy. I approached this book with a degree of trepidation, and left it a couple of days later with an overwhelming sense of sadness. I couldn't put the book down, being drawn deeper into it's stark revelations and knowing that with the turn of a page the image of 'our Paula' would be blown apart. It had to be done, the truth about these individuals had to be told, and it was told with style, sensitivity and astonishing attention to detail. Agar is indeed a woman with insight; she was obviously keeping a diary of her friendship with Paula - who wouldn't have?- and has skillfully managed to intertwine what could have become a simple date/time/incident account with moving and honest thoughts and feelings as the lives of all concerned were affected and torn apart by this destructive relationship. Agar's insight into Paula's personality was for the most part painful to read, her actions, the single-minded way in which she felt compelled to manipulate, lie and deceive all around her left a nasty taste in the mouth. Drugs, dependancy, obsession and the ultimate demise of two of the most colourful, talented, intelligent and fatally flawed individuals of our times are documented here in one of the most enthralling reads of recent years. Personally speaking, I think the author has achieved her goal. I've taken the time to stop and look at my life - there is need for change for most of us, maybe not on the scale of those detailed in this book, but change nontheless. Help is there if it is needed, if only we can be human enough to ask, honest enough to admit. Just one last thing. The British press and their relationship with those in the public eye - the revelations were shocking, the 'leaking' of stories and trading of gossip, are we the public really so gullible? Or so hungry and bored with our own lives that we need to perpetuate this feeding frenzy? Enough said.