Profile for TDB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
House of Bathory
House of Bathory

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: House of Bathory (Kindle Edition)
This book was a good read. The mixture of eras and short chapters kept the story moving at a good pace

Hidden (A Bone Secrets Novel)
Hidden (A Bone Secrets Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 7 Feb. 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book from this author I've read and will certainly be reading more of this author. The balance and pace of the story was one of the best I have read for a while

The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series Book 1)
The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed this book, which was easy to read. It gave the feeling of reading a Sherlock Holmes story. Only when March was being treated for a sprained wrist by Dr Conan Doyle did it fall into place.

The Scribe
The Scribe

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Scribe (Kindle Edition)
I read this book after reading the Corpse Reader by the same author. Again this book had a fast, steady plot with unexpected twists and outcomes. I will be keeping an eye out for more by this author.

The Breath of Night
The Breath of Night

3.0 out of 5 stars The breath of night, 20 Dec. 2014
Not really my sort of read, but, I finished it. I don't think I will be reading any more of this author.

The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller Book 1)
The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil's Waters, 22 Nov. 2014
I bought this book as part of a special offer bundle. As it wasn't the usual genre I read I wasn't sure I would enjoy it, but, I found it a good read. There was a lot of fast paced suspense. The way this book was written didn't make you feel lost in the specialist jargon, which made it easier to read.

I will probably read this author again when I want a different genre to read.

The Woman Who Walked Into The Sea (The Sea Detective Book 2)
The Woman Who Walked Into The Sea (The Sea Detective Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars The woman who walked into the sea, 29 Oct. 2014
I read the 1st of the Sea Detective series, which was really good. This 2nd book was just as good and I look forward to the next one in the series.

The Dummy Line (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 1)
The Dummy Line (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The dummy line, 27 Sept. 2014
This is the first book from this author I've read and will certainly be reading more of his books. The suspense and adrenaline that the author created was one of the best I have ever read.

Accidents Waiting to Happen
Accidents Waiting to Happen

4.0 out of 5 stars Accidents waiting to happen, 30 Aug. 2014
This is the first book from this author I've read and will certainly be reading more. This is a good plot which leaves you wondering about people - can a few people really be that greedy?

Tenth of December
Tenth of December

4.0 out of 5 stars Tenth of December, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Tenth of December (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this book thought I'd made a bad choice. I initially didn't like the style of writing and was not going to finish it, but, when I read 'Escape from Spiderhead' it totally changed my mind. I was looking up the meaning of one of the drugs mentioned when I stumbled across a description of the way George Saunders writes. It totally changed my view of this book nd the author. I will be reading more of this author in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3