Profile for Air Raid Patrol > Reviews

Content by Air Raid Patrol

Air Raid Patrol "A review you don't agree with isn't always unhelpful." (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Rally 12608 Moquette Car Mat
Rally 12608 Moquette Car Mat

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent except for the packaging, 8 July 2015
Decent set of mats, they don't slip around under my feet and look pretty good too.

My only gripe is to do with the packaging, There are huge staples holding everything together which are difficult to remove without tearing holes in the mats or fraying the edges.

Overall very pleased.

Mens Warm Knitted Luxury striped Winter scarf 8 Colours (Burgundy Wide Stripe GCS1)
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good scarf, 29 Jan. 2015
I love this scarf, the length is perfect and the design is very appealing. While the fabric is quite thin it is still very warm around the neck. The fabric is also very soft against the skin. Recommended.

A Life on Fire
A Life on Fire
by Chris Bowsman

4.0 out of 5 stars A Life On Fire, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Life on Fire (Paperback)
A sometimes confusing but ultimately satisfying read, I finished it in a day.
Some graphic sexual scenes make this a book really meant for adults only. Not a lot of comic relief after the first few chapters but then the overall subject matter is far from humorous.
Recommended for those who like their books to be a bit on the quirky side.

Apathy and Other Small Victories
Apathy and Other Small Victories
by Paul Neilan

4.0 out of 5 stars A Small Victory, 16 Dec. 2014
I enjoyed this book. Normally I only read a chapter at a time but for this I was hooked and finished it in a couple of sittings.
Very funny, more so at the beginning than at the end. Subtle humour it is not and if you're looking for a politically correct book than look elsewhere. Some of it is extremely juvenile but this is my style so I loved it.
A really aspirational read for those who long to be the person who doesn't care about anything or anybody in the world.

Murdered: Soul Suspect Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Murdered: Soul Suspect Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasted opportunity, 17 Jun. 2014
Murdered: Soul Suspect has an interesting premise, you play a recently deceased detective's ghost and have to solve your own murder. You have all the prerequisite ghostly abilities you'd expect; walking through walls, possessing people, causing small electrical appliances to come to life unexpectedly. It's just all put together in a very clunky way.

You can only walk through interior walls, and even then there are "ghost walls" that are impenetrable. Possessing people is only interesting when possessing certain key characters, all non essential people wandering the streets and buildings have only two thoughts that you can read. They add a bit of life to the setting but are totally irrelevant. The thing with the electricals is almost entirely a gimmick.

The story is quite good but it's very slow paced. Side quests are dull and there are so many collectables that you could spend over an hour of your life just reading the descriptions. Once you have finished the game there is absolutely no replay value.

Graphics look good when you are stood still but when you're on the move, especially in the free roam area of Salem town, the action can grind to a halt with great frequency. It's annoying and not something I expect from a game when I've installed it on my hard drive.

The soundtrack is suitably eerie but it's very repetitive

Not much combat in the game, I bought it for this reason, but even the small amount there is gets frustrating as the "hide" function doesn't really do much once you've been spotted.

Overall I didn't particularly enjoy this game.

Prince Of The Sun [DVD]
Prince Of The Sun [DVD]
Dvd ~ Conan Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfunny and out of sync, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Prince Of The Sun [DVD] (DVD)
An early film in Rothrock's filmography and she's not really in it that much, the main emphasis is on a kid and some grown up adults who bumble around throughout the whole movie. These two are meant to be the comic relief but they are not funny and are in too much of the film to be amusing side characters. Some of the fighting is good but I've seen a lot better.

The film is dubbed into English but this isn't usually a problem for me, what I did find irritating was that the sound was out of sync with the pictures. Most apparent when someone's head gets put through a glass cabinet but the smashing glass sound happened over a second beforehand. This is more than likely to be a problem with the transfer to DVD than the original film but still annoying.

Probably not good enough to watch again anyway I would definitely not watch it again due to the sound syncing issues.

Da Trak Genious
Da Trak Genious

2.0 out of 5 stars We know who you are, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Da Trak Genious (Audio CD)
I have given this album 2 out of 5 stars, but I like the vast majority of it. The sampling is good, the beats are infectious and the whole thing has the feeling of potentially being something special.

So why the low score?
Because to me the record is spoilt by DJ Nate insisting on spouting his own name on every track. To have an atmospheric track ruined by the line "DJ Nate on the track" being repeated every so often is unforgivable for me.

Overall the music is good enough, but the name dropping takes away from the experience for me.

1x Pair of beeswax ear candles (choice of aromas) with filter "Great Value"
1x Pair of beeswax ear candles (choice of aromas) with filter "Great Value"

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 23 Jun. 2013
I'll keep this short, no wax cleared from my ears when using the candles. I had to resort to the old Otex ear drops. More expensive ear candles have worked for me in the past so I guess the advice is not to buy cheaper versions as they are a false economy.

Don't Go In the Woods Alone [1982] [DVD]
Don't Go In the Woods Alone [1982] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mary Artz

2.0 out of 5 stars You probably will be thrilled?, 22 Mar. 2013
I'm a fan of schlocky old horror films and am always willing to give a chance to something I've never heard of. This was prosecuted as a "video nasty" back in the early 1980s but is now on the market uncut. Personally I wouldn't have bothered re-releasing it.

Plot - bearded man in the woods kills everyone he comes across.

Sound is poor on the UK copy from what I've read elsewhere, just a basic dubbed over spoken word/screaming soundtrack with maybe a few sound effects on the kills.

The picture does look to have been cleaned up so full marks there. The gore effects are good for a film on such a low budget but nothing to write home about, sometimes more comical than horrific but I think this was the intention.

DVD has some extras like commentary which is unusual for this kind of film so a thumbs up there but overall I am giving this 2 stars out of 5. The lack of a cohesive storyline ruins any good to be found here.

Police Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Police Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Offered by Tinneys Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars Police Simulator 2 - Law and Order, 20 Dec. 2012
I must admit I have only played this "game" for a couple of hours but probably will not put it in my laptop again. The box makes the game out to be reasonably exciting but it's a chore and a bore to play. Maybe if I had persevered with it a bit more the latter stages are a bit more entertaining but I won't be giving it that chance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12