Profile for Albert Kleyn > Reviews

Content by Albert Kleyn

Albert Kleyn (Cork, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Last Stand [DVD] [2013]
The Last Stand [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Arnie swings the 50 Cal like it is a drinking straw. ENJOY., 23 July 2016
This review is from: The Last Stand [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Short ands Sweet. Schwarenegger at it again. If you like Arnie swinging the 50 Caliber effortlessy like it is a drinking straw, just watch it. The plot will not get 50 Oscars but who cares. I just like the guy and action there is plenty in typical Arnie fashion.
Grab that beer, coffee, pinacolada, whatever, forget the misery out there and just enjoy it. Arnie will see to it. <smile>.

2 Guns [DVD]
2 Guns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Denzel Washingtons best movie., 2 July 2016
This review is from: 2 Guns [DVD] (DVD)
Takes a long long time to get up to speed. I love Denzel Washington but i.m.o. this is not one of his better films. But... as usual.. your opinion might be different ?

Ugreen Cat6 RJ45 8P8C Network Keystone Jack In-Line Coupler Female to Female (2 Pack, White)
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Should be in your cabling tooklit., 2 July 2016
Does what it says on tin. Solidly build and performs as you would expect. Handy to have about if you need to extend a cable which is too short.

PNY Turbo Performance MicroSDHC Memory Card 64 GB Class 10 UHS-1 U3
PNY Turbo Performance MicroSDHC Memory Card 64 GB Class 10 UHS-1 U3

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying the PNY cards., 2 July 2016
Using these cards in various CCTV units. Performs well, somehow the Ucam247 CCTV cams seem to like the PNY MicroSD cards.
Have not tested the read/write speeds so cannot comment on how close they are to the stated values.
But the three cards I have in use are working perfectly.

Startech 1m Gigabit Snagless RJ45 UTP Cat6 Patch Cable - Black
Startech 1m Gigabit Snagless RJ45 UTP Cat6 Patch Cable - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good qualty cable. Recommended., 2 July 2016
Does what it says. Good quality and performs just fine.

Transcend SD and microSD Card Reader USB 3.0 White
Transcend SD and microSD Card Reader USB 3.0 White

5.0 out of 5 stars great product for a decent price, 6 Jun. 2016
Works well, great product for a decent price. Do note this is not a freebie review, I paid hard money for the unit as the verified purchase status shows.

Maxhood RJ45 Coupler, New Design CAT 5/CAT 6 LAN Ethernet Cable Extender Female to Female Straight Modular Inline Coupler
Offered by BesYee

5.0 out of 5 stars Build like a tank, or as strong as the proverbial S.... House., 6 Jun. 2016
Summing it up ? STURDY STURDY STURDY. Great bit of kit, money well spend.

ASUS RT-AC88U Wi-Fi AC3100 Dual-Band Router with 8 Gigabit LAN Ports/Link Aggregation/Adaptive QoS/ASUS Router/App Support/Dual-WAN 3G/4G Support

4.0 out of 5 stars THE CRUCIAL QUESTION? SHOULD YOU BUY THIS ROUTER ? READ ON...., 28 May 2016
This review is for the ASUS RRT-AC88U Router.
I hesitated before writing this review. There is no doubt that the AC88U is a true ASUS stable mate. From the extreme easy setup, which now has an option for expert mode, which in one step allows you to upload a previous ASUS router configuration file without any hassle, to the plethora of options and features, simply too many to mention.
My main reason for getting this router was to get the 8 (eight) GB LAN ports which this unit has. A good choice to get it ? I'm dubious. The RT-AC68U, which this 88U replaces ,was and remains AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT ROUTER and one that gives absolutely sterling service. In my case and note that things might be different for you, the area coverage of the 68U beats the 88U, hands down.
Now, that might be because of the way it is mounted, as the 88U is NOT designed to be wall mounted and neither was the 68U but due to my setup, I wall mounted both units. Why the coverage of the 68U was better, I just do not know, but running my Android WiFi analyser app shows it to be true. The 68U beats the 88U. No doubt in my case, but NOTE: as our American cousins are fond of saying... " Your mileage may vary".

There is very little not to like about the Asus RT-AC88 router. One particular nice feature is the traffic monitoring display. I mean the fact that this router keeps meticulously track of what Apps are using the router to go onto the internet and will show you the amount of data each and every Application is consuming. It can display that data is various ways, just pick what suits you and there it is.
I had two young teenage guests staying today and by God... did it show their use of the SNAPCHAT app, using data like a burst tap !.

The router effortlessly handles whatever data needs you can throw against it and it never remotely breaks out in a sweat. It features TRI-Band connect, if that takes your fancy and allows your guests to access the internet, but they are not able to access your own LAN devices. I really like that feature. Another nice thing is that it allows your clients to be defined by you, for instance, instead of saying IP camera, on address 192.aaa.bbb.ccc you can give a far more descriptive definition, like OUTDOOR AMCREST CAM ON DRIVE WAY.

I could go on all night long about the many many features the unit has, but for now, I like to explain why I gave this excellent router only 4 stars.
Two reasons, it should have been designed to be wall mounted, as well as flat desk mounted.
The second reason, just short of 300 UK Pounds sterling it is (too) expensive, but that is my own opinion.

Let me sum it up as I see it, but note that this is my own private opinion:
Unless you absolutely need some of its more exclusive features, my advice would be: Buy the ASUS RT-AC68U and get a 8 GB unmanaged LAN switch. Your performance will be virtually as good, you now have 12 GB LAN PORTS to play with, and you saved yourself a fair bit of money in the process. Happy "Routering".
Albert
PS: Apologies for the photo being sideways on, bloody Amazon seems to want to do that to all my photo uploads.

ADDENDUM TO MY REVIEW AS ABOVE.
This router has one serious problem. The traffic monitor is completely INACCURATE. I supplied proof of this to ASUS UK tech. support and they have escalated it back to their development team. It under reads the network traffic by a HUGE amount, as proven by the Windows Task mngr graphs I supplied to them. Where the task mngr reports a data flow of around 10MB/Sec the ASUS traffic monitor says it handles 800 KB/Sec.
As the traffic monitor is a nice to have feature, i have left my review at 4 stars, but for a unit costing just short of 300 pnds, this should be fixed by ASUS. FYI, I have often 12 wireless clients on the 2.4 band and 4 on the 5GHz band and the router barely notices that load, as per it's CPU and RAM graphs. A good product and i hope that the next firmware release will fix the traffic monitor problem. Albert
Comment Comment | Permalink

Xperia Z5 Premium Case, Ringke FUSION [Crystal View] Shock Absorption TPU Bumper Drop Protection [FREE Screen Protector] Clear Hard Case for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Not for Z5 & Z5 Compact)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case, and does what it is bought for and supposed to do. Protect My Sony Z5 Xperia Premium., 28 May 2016
Excellent case, has been in use for several months. It does what it says on the "tin" is clear and protects my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium phone. the price is right the case is good, what more can I ask for ?Corners nice rounded and beefed up, so it should easily survive a fall that lands on a corner. The volume and camera controls are protected and a moveable flap protects the charging socket.
In fact, it is such a nice case I bought a second for when this one eventually wears out, but after three months of hard use, it shows no signs of wanted to do so.
Albert

TeckNet Arctrix Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, LED Illuminated, Water-Resistant, UK Layout
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A Keyboard worth EVERY cent you spend on it. An absolute BARGAIN at the price., 28 May 2016
THIS KEYBOARD DESERVES A FIVE STAR REVIEW

A bit of background as to why I decided to give this a 5 star rating might help, so take a minute and read on. I date back to the days of the first IBM PC's. As the older folks amongst you might know, those PC's came with beautifully made mechanical keyboards, or to be more accurate, the keyswitch mechanism was mechanical.. Those keyboards were made in IBM's big plant in Greenock (Scotland), where I spend many many days.
Especially the IBM AT PC's had a fabulous keyboard, so much so that people often hooked that keyboard up to different makes of PC's, that keyboard was so dammed good.
The IBM PC is no more, long gone and nowadays we live in the days of cheap and cheerful throw away stuff, and that includes keyboards, with their soft "spongy and rubbery" feel.. Not so this TeckNet Arctrix Mechanical gaming keyboard. Hold on for minute... I do NOT play games, at 71 years old, I have many other interests and gaming is certainly not one of them.

A few years ago Chillblast UK build a bespoke PC for me and I splashed out and ordered a VERY EXPENSIVE Cm Storm Quickfire mechanical keyboard. Those keyboards, made by Cooler Master, are not cheap, but I venture to say that even that keyboard was still beaten by the IBM AT PC Keyboard qua feel.
Enter the TechNet Keyboard which I bought from Amazon recently as the CM Storm had died due to the abuse given to it by my ten cats. . As I am still a wee bit biased after all those years, I would still go for the IBM, qua mechanical feel, but in every other aspect the ARCTRIX is just as good, if not better.
Beautifully backlit, with back light intensity that can be adjusted to your liking. Nice fold-out feet, if that is yr wish, a good solid feel ands a nice numeric keypad to boot and as you would expect a nice decent braided cable.
Let me state again, I bought this keyboard for typing on, often at night and decent backlighting is an ABSOLUTE must for me. This keyboard offers plenty options for you die hard gamers out there, but I can't comment on those as I do not game, but if they are as good as the keyboard itself, I am sure you will be pleased and find just what you need. (BTW, if fancy moving light patterns take yr fancy, yes this bloody keyboard does 'em too, but they are well and truly wasted on me, I'm too old for a fancy light organ ! Oops... almost forgot. UK layout, with the £ key where you want it. And another nice feature ? The backlight after a while switches off, but reactivates the very second you touch any key. that's a really nice feature... i think.

In summary, after two weeks of hammering these beautifully backlighted keys, I have zero hesitation in rating this keyboard with a 5 start rating. While I did not use their technical support line, I am told it is excellent and they show a real and genuine interest in their customers.
All in All, go for it. I am sure that this is one purchase you will never regret. This is a genuine purchase and not a freebie review as there seem to be more and more these days on Amazon.

ADDENDUM to above review. 23 July 2016
I've now hammered away on this keyboard for a good month. In my opinion, the test and crucial question on a purchase is very simple: Knowing what you know now, WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN ? The answer is a resounding YES. So much so, I bought a second one and gave it to a friend who is equllay delighted with this keyboard. You just cannot go wrong with this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4