Profile for Mr. Stephen Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stephen Wi...

Mr. Stephen Williams "Steve W" (Caerphilly, WALES, GB)

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire TV stick superior?, 20 Jun. 2015
The picture quality is really crisp. The choices of films, TV etc are also good as a Prime customer but my only concern is how often it stops working on account of a failure in the internet access. This is annoying! I recently bought a Chromecast and have been trying both. Despite Amazon's claim that their Fire TV stick is far superior I happen to prefer the Chromecast for the reason mentioned earlier.

Mega Bloks The Smurfs - The Beach House
Mega Bloks The Smurfs - The Beach House

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Smurfin' Surfers, 1 Sept. 2013
A great toy for all those Smurf & Smurfette fans out there. There's alot happening in this box. We bought it for our granddaughter Immy because she loves everything Smurf just now. The 2 characters are quite small but an ideal size for smaller hands. I'm sure she'll have plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Crocs Capri IV Women's Flip-Flops - Black (Black/Black), 5 UK
Crocs Capri IV Women's Flip-Flops - Black (Black/Black), 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip flop heaven, 30 Aug. 2013
My wife lives in her flip flops. She has always bought cheap & cheerful. They last a couple of months then her soles are virtually touching the floor. On her recent birthday I bought her 2 pairs....black & ocean blue. She absolutely loves them. Comfortable & pleasant to the eyes....2 really delightful pairs. They were much cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else. Great job and brownie points for me! Well done Amazon!

The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Andrew Garfield
Offered by Bee-Entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Spidey movie!, 5 July 2013
Before buying this DVD I had numerous reservations. Yet another attempt to re-tell the origins of Spider-Man and another actor playing the part. After all you get used to certain actors associated with certain characters! I was sceptical but interested in the story-line which included the mystery surrounding Peter Parker's parents. I watched the film closely always comparing it with the earlier ones. I was captivated from the start. I was impressed with Garfield's portrayal and the fast moving story-line. Obviously it didn't stick too closely with the earlier versions and the love interest was way out of sync but it was a great movie to watch. I would recommend it to all action/super hero lovers. The Marvel purists may have issues but it was well worth the money. Amazon offer great value for money and their delivery times are spot on.

Ritzenhoff Teddy Bank Design by Thomas Marutschke 2011
Ritzenhoff Teddy Bank Design by Thomas Marutschke 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Teddy versus Piggy!, 16 Mar. 2013
I stumbled across these Teddy Banks quite by chance and was immediately captivated by their charm, individuality and the variety of designs on offer. They are absolutely delightful. I have 2 granddaughters just over 2 years old and my initial thoughts were to give them each a Teddy Bank on their 3rd birthdays. I have decided to hang on to them and fill them up myself. They arrived in their own unique 'containers' which are a work of art in their own right. Cylindrical containers with a swivel base which, when opened, reveals it's teddy treasure inside. A colorfully exquisite china bear with a slot in the back of it's head and a metal circular 'door' underneath with it's own lockable key. It's quite beautiful. An ornament which would grace any shelf! With these beautiful bears at such affordable prices....Piggy banks will soon become distant memories. They make great gifts for children to learn the art of saving their pennies but I'm not sure if my granddaughters would look after them.....so grampa is quite happy to put them out of reach of tiny hands and instead keep them on display at home. I don't think I would pay full price for them but Amazon are selling them with huge discounts. Go on.....buy one....even if you don't have any grand kids....Treat yourself!!!

Platignum, Nos 6 Ballpoint Pen. Black with Chrome Detail
Platignum, Nos 6 Ballpoint Pen. Black with Chrome Detail

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute class!, 26 Dec. 2012
Fancied buying myself a new, elegant & hopefully sturdy ballpoint pen. My usual choice over the years has been Parker pens most of which I've had free from applying for various insurance quotes! I was prepared to pay around £10 but was looking for a good 'discount' on Amazon. When I came across this Platignum Nos 6 for under £8 I was intrigued. It looked a little chunky but its design looked superb. The price seemed too good to be true. I had used Platignum fountain pens in school and they seemed robust enough. I took the plunge and bought the ballpoint pen. I was amazed how elegant & robust it was. It's a visual stunner and writes superbly. It also comes with 2 refills. It isn't too chunky at all....in fact I wonder now how I managed to hold the slimmer Parker pens in the past. The pen is real quality. Its price tag is amazing. I can't believe how good it looks and its amazingly low price on Amazon. Get one now - you won't be disappointed! You may need 2 because mine regularly disappears as my wife keeps 'borrowing' it!!!

This Morning by Prestige Non-Stick Aluminium 3-Piece Saucepan Set, 16/18/20 cm, Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Never trust the descriptions, 21 Jan. 2012
This was bought for my son & his partner as a Christmas gift. They specifically asked for a non-stick 'pan set which had to be dishwasher safe. We thought we had the ideal product. Prestige is a very good brand and the Amazon description ticked all the boxes. Wrapped it for them - didn't check inside the sealed Prestige box for obvious reasons. My wife & I didn't see them open the package on Christmas Day but had a phonecall to say there was a note in with the saucepans saying 'Please note - not suitable for dishwasher'. We were shocked & went straight to the product description on Amazon to check the write up. It stated categorically 'dishwasher safe'. We were very embarrassed and asked for the pans back to return to Amazon. More time wasted now having to return this large box. Not easy to carry and with the post office in an awkward location I had to take the box by car to an alternative PO to return it. Very disappointed & embarrassed by the whole thing!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Leather Disabled badge holder: A review, 19 May 2011
This item is excellent quality at such an amazingly low price. I couldn't believe it was leather! The item was despatched quickly. A great bargain!
Steve Williams

Anaii Pink AP241A Brilliant Ladies Champagne Strap and Topaz Stones Diamante Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Watch!, 1 Jan. 2009
I was so impressed when I opened the package. The inner display box was chic and quite simply luxurious for such a moderately priced time-piece. The watch itself was gorgeous and visually stunning. Everything about it screams quality. There is however one major failing. NO BATTERY. I was so disappointed to present my wife a watch which didn't work! Amazon - please highlight this fact in your product description. I expected there to be a battery included. Was that too much to ask???