Profile for Chimpeth > Reviews

Content by Chimpeth

Chimpeth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Powerful Coffee, Nut and Spice Grinder By Andrew James - 150Watt, Stainless Steel Blades
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little grinder, 26 Jan. 2016
Great for spices, flaxseed/ linseed and coffee.

I clean it using a small clean paint brush.

ACF-50 Motorcycle And Automotive All Metal Anti-Corrosion Spray
ACF-50 Motorcycle And Automotive All Metal Anti-Corrosion Spray
Offered by Opie Oils

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is brilliant! Recommend it 100%, 26 Jan. 2016
This stuff is brilliant! I have been using it this winter 2015/2016 on my Honda CB1000R and my bicycles. Last week they salted the roads everywhere and today I have have just washed 7 weeks worth of white salt spray and other road muck off my motorbike and underneath it is like new!
I apply it with a small paint brush dipped into a pot which I spray the ACF-50 straight into. After a few minutes I wipe up the excess with a small micro fiber cloth and use the cloth to spread the stuff all over the plastic fairings too.

Not a sign of rust anywhere on the bike.
Easy to apply.
A very small amount covers my whole bike so 1 can will last me a few years.
I use it on all the engine casing, all nuts and bolts, brake calipers, electrics, exhaust and plastics.
It actually removed surface rust when I first used it.
It is quite thick and clings onto the bike until you wash it off and doesn't fly off all aver my clothes.
Easy to wash off and re apply.
No strong smell.

Don't get it on your brake discs or pads or on your seat.
Leave the can indoors in the warmth before using it so that it sprays out nicely.
When you first run the bike after applying it, some of it will burn off in a whitish cloud of steam for a couple of minutes so open up the garage doors or start it outside.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2016
Very nice little buttons.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, warm comfortable boots., 21 Jan. 2016
Very nice, warm comfortable boots. I got 1 size up to wear with very thick socks this winter and the fit is perfect. Normally a size 4 and I got a 5.

Dexam Swift Spice 32 cm  Aluminum Wok Lid
Dexam Swift Spice 32 cm Aluminum Wok Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at this price. Fits my 35cm Wok., 5 Jan. 2016
Exactly what I expected. Fits my 35cm Wok perfectly and is well made for this very cheap price.
I always lightly oil my Wok after washing and immediately drying it - I will do the same with this lid to protect it from rust or stains.

Arrived well packaged with no damage as some others have reported.

Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure
by Caldwell B. Esselstyn

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book from an inspiring man with simple advice that could help you lower your cholesterol and live longer., 3 Jan. 2016
Having been tested for high cholesterol I decided to take control of my own health rather than leave it to doctors and medication.

I spoke to my GP first and he recommended that it would be sensible to try and reduce my cholesterol through diet and exercise first. This is normally all you need to do unless you have an actual medical condition such as inherited high cholesterol.

In order to see a real and long-term change in levels, you must have a 2nd blood test after 12 months - anything sooner is not going to be reliable.

I have been following the advice in this book for 6 months now and I can honestly say that it is not as difficult as you may think. Yes it does take about 1 month before you stop craving fats, fish and meat but like anything, once you get into a routine it becomes easy. The full feeling I used to get from a big roast turns out to be mostly bloating - something I never feel now. I now feel full and satisfied after a good meal but with no 2 hour belly pain!
I have always enjoyed fruit and veg anyway so it was easier for me than it may be for a true meat lover, however the recipes in the book are great and you soon start to create your own or modifying things you used to cook so that they are now fat free and vegan such as your favorite curries.
Do not think of this book as a diet. A diet suggests an extreme and temporary change in foods in order to achieve a superficial goal such as "a beach body". This short-term mindset is not good for you and will not give you the results you wanted anyway - consistency is what gets you the fitness, body shape and health that you dream of; so change the way you think about food and your body and let this book help you achieve that change.
Yes I will die one day and it could be tomorrow for all anybody knows, but I am in my 30s and I can't think of anything worse than being in my 60s, dying in a hospital bed and having to tell my wife and son that I could have avoided heart disease if I had just taken this simple advice about food. I can't stop cancers and freak accidents but I can take responsibility for what I eat and how I treat my body.

If anybody is interested I will update this review in 6 months time with my blood test results that will show if the advice is working. Visibly I am much slimmer than 6 months ago and I feel more energetic, but this is just an added bonus - my real interest is in how this is changing me on the inside so I have also agreed to have a full body composition and fitness test at a London University.

Incidentally, the author of this book is a practicing physician who you can make an appointment to see at a real hospital - not just a a self righteous "vegan warrior" hippy with an untested theory and a book to sell.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2016 9:08 PM BST

Blade Fuse Extrator / Puller
Blade Fuse Extrator / Puller
Offered by North Suite

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple fuse extractor, 3 Jan. 2016
Makes pulling motorcycle and car fuses easy. Simple and effective.

Delivery took a few weeks though.

Pest-Stop Trip-Trap Boxed Pack (Single)
Pest-Stop Trip-Trap Boxed Pack (Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mouse trap at a very good price!, 31 May 2015
First night the mouse got his chocolate and escaped Scot free. The second night he got caught in the trap. Released him completely unharmed over the forest.
Simple to use and simple to clean. Why use horrible poisons and traps that kill the mouse and leave a corpse when this works so well?

Polar FT1 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Black
Polar FT1 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and all you really need, 19 May 2015
Other reviews have perfectly detailed how best to use this. It is simple to use and works great in and out of water. Bought this for my dad following a serious heart attack and a triple bypass. Gives him so much confidence to go swimming and cycling knowing that he is not over doing it. I have tested it, having used these professionally for years, and it is as good as they get and all you really need. The calorific algorithms used on other products are ok as a rough guide but to get a true idea of how many calories you are burning you would have to take into account so many factors that are specific to the individual that they are a waste of time and not worth bothering with.
Losing weight and being healthy is 80% diet and 20% physical activity - for your whole life, not just sporadically. For those of you just trying to be healthy this is all you need; work in your heart rate zone. For those of you aiming for fitness or competitive sport this is all you need; work in your max heart rate zone. There is lots of advice on what heart rate zones you should aim for depending what you want to achieve and plenty of good personal trainers that will see you just for advice.

In 1999 I became a personal trainer and bought a Polar monitor I think was a M32. This came with an Electro OY coded chest strap and I bought an extra Electro OY strap.
They were both used every day by clients, family and me. In 2004 I even wore the Electro OY scuba diving down to 40 meters as part of an experiment into oxygen use at depth (the monitor watch was sealed in a waterproof camera case) and through countless boxing sparring sessions.
I was always fastidious about cleaning and drying it after use.

About 2 years ago, after a difficult life, the watch finally stopped working and I forgot all about the chest straps. Today, May 18th 2015, I dug out the Electro OY from the depth of my gym bag and incredibly one of them still works!!!

16 years of use in far harder conditions that it was designed for and it still works!!! With the sealed original battery...Unbelievable!! If my new T31 strap last half as long I will be impressed.

rotary dryer cover
rotary dryer cover
Offered by Hutten Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 30 April 2015
On the large and long side which is great for my dryer. Good quality material that looks like it will last much longer than the thin plasticy one I originally bought 2 years ago and has now disintegrated. Colour is dark green like the photo and material is similar to a tent or waterproof jacket.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5