Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Rachel

Zoggs Women's Fusion Air - Smoke/Black/Pink
Zoggs Women's Fusion Air - Smoke/Black/Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally ok, 27 Aug. 2014
These took some adjusting to stop them from leaking, but they're generally ok now. Sometimes they slacken off at the back, which leads to some leaking, so I have to make sure they're tight. I've always had a problem with goggles steaming up and at first these were great, I wore them for about an hour at a time 2-3 times a week and they stayed fog-free for a few weeks before starting to steam up, which occurred within 2-3 lengths. This is really annoying so I tried rinsing them with baby shampoo, which seemed to do the trick. They do leave red marks around the eyes though.

Zoggs Deluxe stretch Spandex swimming cap - (Colour: Navy) [Misc.]
Zoggs Deluxe stretch Spandex swimming cap - (Colour: Navy) [Misc.]
Offered by Herbert Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable cap, 27 Aug. 2014
This cap looked very small when I took it out of the packet, but it actually fits very well. I have quite a big head and longish, thick hair, and it fits in this cap more easily than in my previous lycra cap. This is the first time I've used this type of cap so my head felt quite cold when I first put it into the water but I got used to it. The only downside is that it leaves a prominent red mark across my forehead that takes a while to disappear.

Just to update - I've been using this cap every week for nearly 2 years now and it no longer leaves a red mark after wearing. Still in good condition so I'm still happy with it.

Verdi: Il Trovatore [DVD] [2012] [NTSC]
Verdi: Il Trovatore [DVD] [2012] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Sondra Radvanovsky, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Metropolitan Opera, Marco Armiliato Marcelo Alvarez

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Jan. 2014
I've heard some of the arias from Il Trovatore before but never seen the full opera - really enjoyed it. There's never a dull moment and the singing and acting were generally excellent, in particular from Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Sondra Radvanovsky.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2017 3:24 PM BST

Aqua Sphere Mako Clear Lens Goggle - Transparent/Orange
Aqua Sphere Mako Clear Lens Goggle - Transparent/Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Very clear vision but do leak, 8 Oct. 2013
I've never seen the swimming pool look so clear! I've always had trouble with goggles steaming up but, at the moment, the anti-fog on these goggles seems to be working! The only downside is that they let in water and I had to make them quite tight and ended up with red marks around my eyes, but hopefully this will continue to keep the water out.

Just to update this review - I ended up giving these goggles to a friend because they were letting in too much water regardless of how much I tightened them. I wonder if it's because I have quite a small face and the nose strap cannot be adjusted, because these fit my friend perfectly and do not leak on her.

Sennheiser PMX60 Open Neckband Headphone
Sennheiser PMX60 Open Neckband Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 4 Nov. 2010
I've never been able to find earphones that fit properly, having quite small ears, so I thought I'd try these instead of in-ear ones, which never stay in. These are very good if you don't mind a bit of sound leakage, as they actually stay on.