Profile for Anfi > Reviews

Content by Anfi

Anfi

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet noob!, 25 May 2014
These are fantastic hooks if, like me, your are relatively new to crochet.

I have been knitting for a good few years, having being taught by my nan who also tried to teach me to crochet. For some reason I couldn't grasp it back then, which is strange, as I find it a lot easier than knitting now. I decided to give it another go but didn't want to spend a lot on expensive needles (I mean hooks haha....what can I say, I knit) :p I'm so pleased I did, I can crochet really well now. I have made some gorgeous clothes, toys, earrings, bags etc.

These hooks feel comfortable and are effortless to use, the different colours make it easy to associate sizes quickly. They are strong and surprisingly for the price, well made. I haven't had sizing issues like another reviewer unfortunately has, but then I tend to make up my own patterns anyway. Also the hook comes through the stitch easily, I have never had to fight it through, which I was worried about before I purchased these cheap hooks having read another reviewer had that issue.

I always thought these would be my beginner set of hooks, which for a while they were, and I would then move on to more expensive "better quality" hooks, but that hasn't been necessary. I'm no longer a Crochet noob but I still use these hooks for all my crochet projects. They are great value things that probably should just be "beginner" but I don't care about having the most expensive, snazziest, needles/hooks in my yarn basket.

Just a last note on the delivery, this item is coming from Hong Kong... it will take a while, be aware of that before you purchase and then you won't be disappointed that its 2-3 weeks before you get them! =)

G Wax 80g
G Wax 80g
Offered by Active Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Booties!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: G Wax 80g (Personal Care)
This is not the first time I have bought grangers products for my walking boots, and ever since using this particular one (G wax 80g tin) 3-4 years ago I wouldn't buy another brand. Its a good price for a great product that seems to last forever (I like the frog too).

To be honest it cost me a few pennies more to buy off of this company, but I live 30miles from town, where my closest outdoor shop is, which would cost way more in fuel anyway!

I was also very impressed with the dispatch and delivery of this company (Active Outdoors). I ordered mid afternoon, the item was dispatched within half an hour, and I received the item the next day. Excellent service!

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Offered by eBii

5.0 out of 5 stars Simlply perfect, 23 May 2014
Bought this mainly because I wanted to try my hand at astrophotography, so far I've practiced with it a few times at night, taking long exposures and normal ones, it works with my D5100 and does its job perfectly. It's simply designed and easy to use with no faffing around as its just one button. Its small too which I like.

I considered buying a more complex and expensive remote shutter release and am so pleased now that I didn't. This one is faultless.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it works..., 23 May 2014
I will start off with the delivery: dispatched on the 20th, arrived on the 22nd (I live in the highlands) so excellent service there by the seller & royal mail.

As for the product itself, I have used it only once so far and there might be a slight toning down of the brassiness in my hair, I will have to use it a few more times to see better results I think. I was considering giving this product three stars on that basis, however the reason for four is its left my hair soft, silky, and shiny, so I will definitely be continuing to use this toner and hope to see stronger results over the next couple of weeks.

After one application I have used about a fifth on my shoulder length, wavy hair (covered all my hair and left it on for about 10 mins (will double that next time)) and plan to use it weekly. So for four quid its not bad value in my case.

Overall I'm somewhere between; "its ok" and "I like it."

V-CAN V100 WALES WELSH DRAGON FLAG FIBREGLASS MOTORCYCLE MOTORBIKE HELMET EXTRA SMALL
Offered by NIGHTINGALES

4.0 out of 5 stars Represent, 4 Jan. 2014
I've had this helmet for a good few months now and its been solid. A few scratches here and there but that's expected.
The helmet was a good price and if anything happened to it I'd definitely replace it with the same.
It looks good on, and its nice to represent Wales living in the Highlands.

I haven't fallen off my bike... yet.. so I couldn't really comment on the safety, but as I said earlier it feels solid, and I feel confident in its protection.

Cold Heart Hibernation Baggy Top (Blue/Black)
Cold Heart Hibernation Baggy Top (Blue/Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast Delivery, 4 Jan. 2014
So pleased with this top, its a good fit and also feels really good quality. I love my new bat!
Most impressive is Blue Banana's speedy delivery. I ordered late afternoon and it arrived next day... well next morning, and I live in the Highlands of Scotland. It was free too! where as if I ordered off Blue Banana directly, or their eBay store I'd have paid p&p.
Excellent service.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product let down by short lifespan., 16 May 2013
Let me start by saying I absolutly loved my Kindle Keyboard I thought it was a great reading device, and the Kindle range of e-readers are probably the best out there...

But I would question the longevity of Kindles (and other E-readers) as a whole. I had to send my first one back mere hours after reciving it, as a christmas prezzie (which was a bit dissapointing), because the screen froze. When we revived it, after a few atempts, it had lines all over the e-ink screen rendering it usless for anything but maybe a mug coaster. At the time the thought was "ok its just a fluke that we have a duff one" when the second one arrived a few weeks later there were no complaints, i loved it and looked after it for the next 13 months.

I was very dissaponted when this one died though, in the same manner as the first its screen froze,(this happened as i turned it on after reading on it the night before) and after taking the steps Amazon suggest we got it to a rebooting phase, but it just died with half a complete reboot on the screen. We tried everything to get it working again but it was futile. It was gone.

I wont be purchasing a kindle again now unless Amazon provide a 2 year warranty rather than a 1 year. I have heard of too many cases where the device has broken one month out of warranty, and to buy a kindle to last just one year to me is ludacris, not only the cost but the waste too, as these will just end up in the bin.

I now read mostly on my Google Nexus (which, surprisingly, is acctually a really pleasant experience) with the Kindle app and buy books from Google Play as well Kindle.

Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Crysis 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good FPS, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Crysis 2 (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I have played the First Crysis a number of times (and Warhead) and we all know how amazing and ground breaking they were. So this one, being on the consoles as well, was never going to be at that standard. However, taking that into account, I really enjoyed this one. The graphics are still excellent, better than most fps out there, I also have this game on xbox as well as pc and its graphicly superior to any other console fps (that I have played). I never had any problems with Dx11 like some reviewers unfortunatly did. The missons were great fun and I really enjoyed the storyline. The soundtrack was great, so engaging, the sound effects were equally as good! This game wasn't as free as the fist but that didn't impact on gameplay for me. Basically I really enjoyed it and I will finnish my review by adding that this is one of the most satisfying games in which to kill mobs that i have played in ages. :)

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC DVD)
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC DVD)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

1.0 out of 5 stars MOP... What a flop!, 28 Sept. 2012
I have been playing WoW for years now and have mostly loved it!

But Mists of Pandaria is lame and boring. The quests feel like a chore now rather than something I should be enjoying, the storyline feels a little fragmented, and the atmosphere is lacking (compared with previous expansions), I like the idea of the kung fu/oriental theme but it falls short.
The new talent system makes classes easy, and even more one dimentional than in cataclysm. I havent tried the pet battle system, but personally that isn't something that interests me... I never did like Pokemon.

Simply put, its all very childish, I feel like Blizzard no longer respect the intelligence or loyalty of their players.

This game is no longer worth its Subscribtion fee, it just feels outdated now! Personally its time for me to move on from this once great game.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 2:54 PM BST

Fallout Collection (PC)
Fallout Collection (PC)
Offered by Digitalville UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Fallout Collection, 10 Mar. 2012
I was looking foward to getting this collection in the post as i love the Fallout series, the first one i played being Fallout: Brotherhood of steel and all others since. So I had romantic images in my head of spending hours going back even further into the world of Post-apocalypic mayhem. My £5 however wasnt well spent with this purchase as 2 of the games wouldnt load, one even saying the reason was due to "inappropriate language" =S
Fallout 2 loaded and was dated, which was expected as its so old now, and i will give it a go becuase I've heared good things about it, but overall not worth £5 As most of it doesn't work.

EDIT: I have played the games since originally reviewing, and yes they are good, but the fact remains that this product doesn't work, unfortunatly. I would have saved myself money by not buying this particular copy and getting the ones I have now originally.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2013 3:47 PM BST