Profile for B.C. > Reviews

Content by B.C.

B.C. (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really good., 24 May 2012
My friend is a pro ring juggler and it was her that recommended Mr Babache rings so I knew they would be good quality. They are really well weighted and smooth. We went for these instead of the coloured ones because we wanted the glow in the dark feature.
They do glow really well if you charge them up in the day (leave them exposed to light) but we haven't been able to use them so much in the night because it's usually too windy outside but that's expected with rings really. On a still night I reckon they'd look really cool in the dark.
Only problem is sometimes they can be hard to see in really bright sunlight so if you are starting out or don't have any other rings maybe get some normal mr babache rings aswell, but these are great and were delivered really quickly :) Definitely recommend them

Snug fit Padded Camera Case with Pouches for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-TZ57 TZ55 TZ40 SZ10,CANON PowerShot SX610 SX620 S120 IXUS 285 275 HS 265 180 175,Nikon L31 A300, SONY W800 WX350 WX500 HX50 HX60, & More compact cameras
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Jan. 2011
Bought this for my Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD. It fits very well and seems very sturdy.
There is a belt strap on the back (which I have yet to use but is a nice feature) and a long neck strap which will be very useful as I got mountaineering a lot.
It seems to have the edge over other cases I've looked at: it leaves enough room for the camera to fit without damage but isn't overly bulky (in fact, to my eye the camera in the case seems smaller than the camera alone.) Also, the pocket on the front would happily fit an extra SD/battery.
Pretty good value. Ordered Sunday and it arrived on Thursday. Inside isn't particularly soft or padded so I probably will buy a screen protector just incase some grit does get in there.
However, I can't fault it. Gives me peace of mind to travel with my new camera with confidence it won't get lost or damaged. Very happy with this case - highly recommended. :-)

Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Les Miserables - The 25th Anniversary in Concert at the O2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfie Boe
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much perfect!, 15 Nov. 2010
This is the perfect musical in my opinion, so I had pretty high expectations and it didn't dissapoint. I went to see it in the cinema so I haven't seen the extras, but I saw all the O2 performance.

There were only a few minor differences that people who are familiar with the musical would've noticed, and that I do wish hand't been changed
- There was none of the physical stage-action, they all stayed at the mics, so no battle and no physical comedy from the thernadiers or dances at the wedding. For me it made some of deaths (especially in the battle) seem less poigniant
- Gavroche didn't do the full version of "Little People". Neither did he die! (I guess that was to do with the lack of the battle scenes) but that is one of the most touching moments for me so I wish it had stayed in.
-Thernadier didn't do the full version of "Dog eat dog". I guess it may have been because Lucas isn't a proffessional singer, but his overall performance was really good.

Good stuff that I hadn't expected from previous performances:
- Great visual effects on the big screen behind that showed the background.
- At the end they brought the cast of the original performances. I'll leave the details as a pleasant surprise but it was really good!
-Very good camera work. Hard to explain but you'll know what I mean when you watch it. It's pretty cleverly done.

Only disappointment in the first half was Jonas as Marius. His stage presence/movements while singing were awkward to the point of annoying sometimes and he just couldn't hit those big notes. I know he's young and not trained in theatre, but he just didn't have a natural stage presence. He really wasn't keeping up in the big numbers with the other students (who were absolutely amazing so it was a tough comparison) but he seemed to be there just for the celeb status, not his own merit, which I found really dissapointing because musicals are really about the best raw prefromance and there were definitely actors playing minor student roles who were giving amazing performances and I felt could've done a better job as Marius...
That said, he is really good at hitting the gentler more breathy notes, so in the second half he was much better. Maybe it was nerves before, but he seemed way more relaxed and nailed "Empty Chairs" (including most of the big notes, so maybe he is just better at solos!). It seemed like he knew that song way better and it suited his voice alot more. Also good in the conversational songs with Valjean. His voice definitely needed to be stronger for the first half, bu the fact that it doesn't sound very theatrically trained brought something unique to the softer solos, so you'll have to decide for yourself whether the second half is redeeming overall.

Best performances
- Valjean doing "Bring Him Home". He was the only one who had to break character during the applause because it just didn't stop. Standing ovation. He deserved it. A moment to put a smile on your face :)
- Both Gavroche and little Cossette were fantastic. Gavroche especially! Very Charismatic.
-As always, the students were amazing. Often underrated as they are not named characters but some very powerful voices and phenomenol acting. Especially Enjorales
- As expected, Fantine, Eponine, Cossette, Javert (who hit an unpresedentedly awesome low note!) and Valjean were all amazing.
-Both Cosettes had lovely voices. In previous versions I've found them both too nasally or over-trained, but both of these ones had pure, natural voices.
- I don't know if it was improvement in sound quality, but the orchestra sounded particularly good. Very passionate as ever

Overall it was an incredible performances (As expected with Les Mis). If you haven't seen it before definitely watch it, and if you are an avid Les Mis fan this is one for the collection.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2013 4:22 AM GMT