Profile for PhilipM > Reviews

Learn French with Paul Noble
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 15 Feb. 2013
Like many people in this country, I tried and failed to gain a competency in French as a young person, despite 5 years of compulsory "learning" in the subject. I marvel at how badly we were taught languages in schools in the 1970s and early 1980s! As a result I have always felt an utter failure as a linguist. I have tried various self-learning programmes over the years, but have invariably given up before the end of the course. Then I discovered the Paul Noble method. I am very impressed. Paul explains and reinforces the fundamentals of the language in a simple and straightforward way without patronising his audience. I am on disc 7 at the moment and feel extremely motivated to complete all 12. I really do feel empowered! The method builds confidence incrementally and enables the student to begin constructing phrases and sentences independently from virtually the beginning of the course. And it does feel almost effortless! My question is, where do I look to build on this understanding once I have finished the course? Are there follow-on courses available or likely to be in the near future? I do hope so.