Profile for Helen > Reviews

Helen "elliethekid"

Raa Raa the Noisy Lion Roaring Raa Raa
Raa Raa the Noisy Lion Roaring Raa Raa

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy but stopped working after 4 days, 2 Jan. 2013
Our toddler loves anything that roars and is a fan of Raa Raa, so she loved this. She is 17 months old and could manage to squash Raa Raa's head down to make him roar if she really tried, although she preferred to get us to do it. There's not a lot of variety in the phrases but it does have different levels of roaring according to how hard you press the head down and she thinks it's wonderful, definitely one of her favourite Christmas presents. It supposedly springs up too but in reality it more kind of wobbles around a bit but this is enough to delight a toddler.

The only problem with it is that as some other people seem to have experienced, it stopped working very suddenly after about 4 days. Sent off for a replacement which seems to be a very easy process so hopefully this one will last...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pram, very pleased, 2 Jan. 2013
I was a bit nervous about spending £80 on an unknown brand but am so glad I did. This doll pram is as beautiful as the pictures and my toddler adores it. The handle has two height positions so it is perfect for her as a tall 17 month old but will last for years, and the pram itself is a good size, a lot bigger than the Moover pram we looked at as an alternative. Our neighbour's petite 1 year old was using it as a baby walker the other day too. When friends visited with a group of small children there was practically a baby punch up as all of them wanted to play with it at once.

The Times and Sunday Times
The Times and Sunday Times

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuming over release of personal data, 30 Nov. 2010
I was already disappointed with the presentation of the Kindle version of the Times, but when I searched (so far, without any success) for the way to cancel the trial I came across the bit that informs you that Amazon have shared your personal information with the publishers and given permission for them to use it for third party marketers.

Having never come across 'small print' in any of my previous downloads to the Kindle, fairly unsurprisingly I didn't think to check before downloading this trial directly via the Kindle whether in doing so I was giving up my right to privacy of personal information. And now that it is too late and I have discovered this, I see that in any case there is not even an opt out clause. is that even legal? So, basically, if you want a free trial of this substandard effort, you must allow your personal information to be sold on the open market. How dare Amazon do this? I am so angry. Please bear this in mind before you consider downloading a free trial - although if you are reading this I guess it means that you are already on the online site rather than browsing the Kindle shop, so can see the information on marketing for yourself. This is not a luxury afforded to us poor trusting direct downloaders as the information only comes up if you start searching for it. I think I'll post the junk mail on to Amazon when it starts arriving.