Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for Dimension > Reviews

Content by Dimension

Dimension (Canada)

Finisterre
Finisterre
Offered by onepeecd

5.0 out of 5 stars So Tough Part 2! Great Album!, 28 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)
When I first this got thi cd, it brought me back to the days of "So Tough." Very similar formula and in a good way!

This is well worth having, paricularly for the great second disc, which has lots of qaulity tracks and in my opnion almost comes across as a mini ablum.

Much better than the second discs of Foxbase Alpha and So Tough, whereas those ones you'd likely listen to once or twice.

This one is a keeper.

London Conversations: The Best Of Saint Etienne
London Conversations: The Best Of Saint Etienne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 19 May 2009
What a fantastic collection! Saint Etienne has always been very kind to their fans and this collection proves it.

The songs have been remastered and all sound brilliant. Special treat for me to see the videos for the first time, as I live overseas and I imagine they don't get played much outside the UK.

Great packaging too, with lots of photos and magazine cover reprints!

Two very minor and I mean minor gripes.

1)"Avenue" on this compliation is the edited version, so the talky bits "... you put a spell on me, smells like lemon flavour... and "I was little girl that like to snog your face..." have been removed as well as the Japanese sample at the end. Perhaps was edited down due to length?

2) No "Saturday"!

If you're a fan, you'll probably already have this, if not get it now!

Seventh Tree
Seventh Tree

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmhhh????, 26 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Seventh Tree (Audio CD)
I think it must be hard being a music artist these days. With a loyal following, I would assume half the fans want you to do what you have done before and the others will love anything you put out.

So theres the balance of creative freedom and exploration and at the same time, to a certain extent, wanting to please the fans???

While I read reviews stating that they have ditched the electro pop in favour of more a acoustic folk sound, I bought it anyways thinking I would be disappointed.

I must admit I would have loved a Supernature or Black Cherry part 2. As I love their sexy, slinky hooky beats.

I think that this is the type of album that needs to grow on you.

A beautiful album. I mean you cannot fault the beautiful vocals and the lovely layered production. Have given it a couple of listens, I'm still trying to convince myself I like it.

I guess this album doesn't meet my personal expectations and at the end of the day, they have decided to change their style and one needs to accept that.

I guess this album will please some fans and let others down. Oh and the hard core fans will 'vote off' your review if thet don't like it!!!

You be the judge!