Profile for Shirley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Tragedy: Kenny Carter: Love Him or Hate Him - You Can't Forget Him
Tragedy: Kenny Carter: Love Him or Hate Him - You Can't Forget Him

5.0 out of 5 stars Number One Book., 2 Aug. 2015
Being a speedway fan for more years than I care to remember I found this book fascinating and the best speedway related book I have ever read. Have always admired the bravery of the riders and Kenny Carter was one of the best. Knowing how it ended I was worried about how it would be written but found it very sympathetic, well written and honest. With hindsight it would have been better if Bruce Penhall had retired one year earlier.

A Cry In The Night
A Cry In The Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly didn't make me cry..........., 8 July 2015
Glad this MHC novel is at a reasonable 99p as it will encourage others to buy it. I bought my kindle copy some time ago as it is one of this authoress's earlier stories which are the best. It is a great shame two or three of her earlier books are not on Kindle as yet. always hoping to see at least one "The Cradle Will Fall" as that has been filmed twice as so good and which I consider her best. I envy those reading this book for the first time. Enjoy!!!

Odds Against (Francis Thriller)
Odds Against (Francis Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Odds Make This A Favourite........, 7 July 2015
I don't think that I have done a review of Odds Against though I bought this book last year but it being on the monthly deal now I felt that I should do a review and also take the opportunity to thank Felix or his fathers publisher for doing so. I have often wanted to ask one or the other if we could have all Dick's (and Felix's one) Sid Halley books on deal of the week or month. They should be read by everyone and in these deals quite a few readers will enjoy them. Dick Francis writes the most enjoyable stories and it is a shame if non horsey people miss them for they do not have to be horse race enthusiasts. The stories are tough at times and do have horse racing themes but it is the clever yet gentle main character who can turn the other cheek despite the odds against him at times that make Dick and now his son Felix such good writers. More from Felix please and lets have more bargain Francis so more can get to know these wonderful writers.

The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion Book 1)
The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Two For The Price Of One............., 5 Mar. 2015
Good story and a good collaboration with Alafair. In fact I have bought some of her books on the strength of it. So now not just a Mary fan but an Alafair one too. Looking forward to their next one "All Dressed In White" due out in November and Mary's solo effort "The Melody Lingers On" due out in May. Also looking forward to Mary's collection of short stories out in one volume in June.

A Civil Contract
A Civil Contract

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it please......., 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: A Civil Contract (Kindle Edition)
A lot of Georgette's books I read over and over again and others I read just the once. A Civil Contract has now left the latter and joined the former. Looking forward to reading it again already so I am sure you will enjoy it too.

The Man From Madrid
The Man From Madrid

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It........., 6 Oct. 2014
As usual with Anne Weale a very enjoyable read. The story flows delightfully along and transports you to sunny Spain and the characters make very good company. Please can we have more Anne Weale books especially the earlier ones.

Mary Higgins Clark eBook Sampler
Mary Higgins Clark eBook Sampler

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Idea..........., 13 July 2014
This is a very good idea to have ten excerpts from the "Queen of Suspense". A pity they are not all available on Kindle, and it would be great if the ones that are could appear on "Daily Deals" occasionally.

I've Got You Under My Skin
I've Got You Under My Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me guessing, 13 May 2014
Mary is amazing. Her stories are always so entertaining. This one deserves more than a five star rating. It is one of her best. I reread all her books otherwise it would be very hard to wait a year for her next one. I have many of her books on my kindle at bargain prices and hope for more and her audio books are very good too.
Where is "PRETEND YOU DON'T SEE HER" Her fans will buy this one.

Crossfire (Francis Thriller)
Crossfire (Francis Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great story......., 28 April 2014
Dick & Felix make a wonderful team and I hope that Felix will carry on as their is no news of a new release yet and he usually brings one out by September each year. This was a bargain on "Deal of the day" @99p and I hope that we can have some more Dick Francis novels on this medium soon. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and would recommend it to everybody even those who are not interested in horse racing.

A Stranger Is Watching
A Stranger Is Watching

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary, Mary very scary......., 28 April 2014
Being a very big MHC fan I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a bit scary but a great read. I wish I could give this book more stars than five as it is really that good. One of her best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6