Profile for Katy > Reviews

Content by Katy

Katy (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Microsoft Surface 3 10.8-Inch Tablet (Black/Silver) - (Intel Atom Z8700 1.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 29 April 2016
Ordered this yesterday and it duly arrived today and here I am using it to write a review about it! So I think we can safely say, it was a doddle to set up and even though I have no experience of tablets AT ALL, I am managing quite nicely already. I got this predominantly because I have to travel a lot and needed something very light and compact - certainly my work and home laptops were no good at all. It is sitting on my lap currently and even with the keyboard attached, feels no heavier than a decent daily newspaper.

I noticed some people had a problem with the free year's Microsoft 365 subscription, but that must have been fixed as it is fine for me and all set up.

I can't provide much in the way of any technical comment and in any case I suspect that has been covered by other reviewers. But I must say that so far I am very pleased with this device. I love how easy it is to attach/detach the magnetic keyboard. If you close it, it shuts down, and when you open it up, it goes back to where you last left off - so if you need to shut it down in a hurry, no problem. This is probably perfectly standard stuff but as I say, I have only ever used desktops and laptops so it is all new for me. The keyboard itself is rubberised so I find it easy to type on. I haven't tried using the screen keyboard yet but it is simple to switch from one to the other.

Everything on the screen looks pretty much the same as on any other - everything is where I would expect it to be - you just tap on it instead of using your mouse. That will take a bit of getting used to, but I don't mind as the main thing for me is keeping "connected" while staying in hotels, and this device appears to be absolutely perfect for that.

Sleep Headphones - With Velcro Adjustable Headband- COZY Comfortable Soft Headphones for Sleeping - Perfect for Air Travel, Sports, Relaxation, Meditation and Relief from Insomnia (Black)
Offered by Firik EU Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 24 April 2016
This only arrived yesterday (bang on time, and as expected). So, I have only had one night to trial it. First impressions are good though. Love the tin it was presented in. (Not sure what you need the tin for, but it is nice presentation and a tin is always useful.) The product itself is exactly as described. Soft fleece, with flat earphones inside, and a rather excellent cord (hard to describe, but it is thin, and enveloped in material - making it seem quite robust - but not horribly "plasticy" for when you are in bed.) You can fiddle with the earphones to make them "sit" where you need them. In bed, you can lie on your side and although you can feel the headphones, they are not at all intrusive or uncomfortable. (I suspect the hardness of your pillows could affect how comfortable you feel however.) I plugged mine into an MP3 player and had no problem with the sound - I need soothing sounds to help me drift off to sleep, and also to combat tinnitus. So no problem there - it works. I also need a sleep mask to combat early morning light - so I pulled this down over my eyes this morning and - excellent! It comfortably blocked out the light, and gave me an extra couple of hours of sleep.

Negatives? Well, it certainly doesn't do much for your hair!

Purposefull - Sleep Headphones and Eye Mask - Sleep Aid For Travelling and Snoring Noise Reducer
Offered by Purposefull Products

1.0 out of 5 stars Lead missing, 18 April 2016
Unfortunately, and very disappointingly, this arrived without the 1.3m lead, so is no good to me and I have no choice but to return it. I don't feel very confident about re-ordering now either.

Peak - Brain Training
Peak - Brain Training

2.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy, 18 April 2016
This review is from: Peak - Brain Training (App)
Got the app a few days ago, and when it works the games are quite fun. But at least half the time when I tap the app to open it, nothing happens. Sometimes, if I switch the phone off and on again, it will then work, but sometimes it won't. Which is pretty annoying. It also seems to suck the life out of my battery at an alarming rate. So overall, I'm not that impressed.

Ornami Ladies' Abalone Drop Earrings, Silver, Model A66/NKE41003
Ornami Ladies' Abalone Drop Earrings, Silver, Model A66/NKE41003

5.0 out of 5 stars They are a nice size and weight and really do look lovely, 22 Mar. 2016
I actually bought these very same earrings several years ago from a different supplier, but recently lost one. I wasn't sure if these would be of the same quality as those original ones, but can now confirm they are. They are a nice size and weight and really do look lovely. I have a pendant from the original purchase, and they are an exact match with that, which is great. Abalone shell really catches the light and I am a big fan. (Obviously, being a natural product, the shell patterns differ but the varying shades of blue and green and purple all look lovely.) By the way, from the picture, it looks like both earrings are exactly the same, but they are properly matched - one "points" left and the other "points" right, so they hang symmetrically when you wear them.

Sky Wireless MINI WiFi Adapter Connector SD501 Anytime TV On Demand Sky HD Box
Sky Wireless MINI WiFi Adapter Connector SD501 Anytime TV On Demand Sky HD Box
Offered by BUYME

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little box of tricks!, 11 Mar. 2016
Arrived today at lunchtime and I had it up and running in less than 10 minutes. The set-up instructions are on the inside of the box lid - short and simple to follow. It works absolutely perfectly and I couldn't be happier!

Long Life Lamp Company LLLC27SMDCW GU10 5 Watt LED Super Bright PURE White Colour 50 Watt Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 lm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 19 Jan. 2016
I purchased 4 bulbs and 2 failed within a year. The Long Life Lamp Company claims to replace bulbs without quibble, but failed to do so despite 3 requests. Not impressed with the bulbs or the supplier.

BlackBerry Smartphone Flip Case for BlackBerry Z10 - Tanned red
BlackBerry Smartphone Flip Case for BlackBerry Z10 - Tanned red
Offered by holyApples

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not fit for purpose, 18 Jan. 2016
I received this as a gift (which was on my Amazon Wish list). I was keen to have an authentic BB case for my Blackberry 10. I was very pleased with the look and the fit when it arrived in November (just 2 months ago). Now, however, I am not happy with it at all. Despite the phone not having been removed or receiving any rough treatment, the case has cracked on two corners and the initial snug fit is already gone. In addition, because of the matt finish, it also looks grubby both inside and out and cannot be properly cleaned. I find it hard to believe that a genuine BB product could be of such poor quality.

Waterman Refill Ball Point Pen Medium Blue Ref S0553660 (S0553660)
Waterman Refill Ball Point Pen Medium Blue Ref S0553660 (S0553660)
Offered by LPC Stationers

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 31 Dec. 2015
Super speedy delivery, and absolutely as expected. (Fits perfectly, writes perfectly)

PattyBoutik Collar V Neck Button Pockets Ribbed Jumper
PattyBoutik Collar V Neck Button Pockets Ribbed Jumper
Offered by PattyBoutikUK
Price: £30.49 - £32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great top, 28 Dec. 2015
I bought this a long time ago but never posted a review. It's a great fit, really comfortable to wear and looks really good on. Washes well and still looks good after all this time. (I bought the burgundy one.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3