Profile for Mike_Cheshire > Reviews

Content by Mike_Cheshire

Mike_Cheshire

Page: 1 | 2
MAGNETIC CAR WINDSCREEN ANIT-FROST ICE FROST SHIELD SNOW COVER DUST PROTECTOR ALL WEATHER
Offered by worldofbargain888

1.0 out of 5 stars Use a sheet of polythene instead !, 2 Mar. 2016
Regrettably this item was a complete waste of money. There is one feeble magnetic disk on each corner of the rather thin plastic material and even a fairly modest wind will blow them off the car. When I used it I secured the bottom with the windscreen wipers and trapped its top corners inside the car with the drivers and passenger door. When I came to remove it in the morning it was stuck to the windscreen with a film of ice. I would not recommend purchase.

2 x LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER REUSABLE BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
Offered by Seal Products Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective Product, 2 Mar. 2016
My car, mainly due to aerodynamic streamlining, is prone to water ingress when the doors and boot are opened during or after rain. I purchased three bags of this desiccant (a 1.5 kg and two 1 kg bags). They have worked extremely well and now I can start journeys without having to go through the tedious business of removing condensation from the windows. I have not, as yet, attempted to reactivate the silica gel so I’m not in a position to offer any comment on that aspect of its use.
I awarded a three star rating because the bags described as 1 kg on the invoice weighed 893 g and 908 g respectively. The 1.5 kg bag weighed 1.466g. Measurements were made upon receipt and included all immediate packaging. Strictly speaking this renders each of the packages ‘inadequate’ in respect of average weight legislation which applies in the EU. ‘Inadequate’ packs are illegal. Although a nominal weight was not applied to the products themselves the invoice clearly renders them subject to Average Weight Regulations.

Tripler: The Beginning
Tripler: The Beginning

3.0 out of 5 stars The basic concept was interesting but the author seems to ..., 5 Nov. 2015
The basic concept was interesting but the author seems to have missed the opportunity to develop it. It was rather a short, short story.

Mouse and Cat (Short story)
Mouse and Cat (Short story)

1.0 out of 5 stars It had the virtue of the brevity but it was still a wasted 20 minutes, 5 Nov. 2015
A poorly written, disappointing story with an entirely predictable plot. It had the virtue of the brevity but it was still a wasted 20 minutes.

ALL IN ONE Leather Touch Up Pen. Dye Stain Pigment Paint Colour Repair (Cream)
ALL IN ONE Leather Touch Up Pen. Dye Stain Pigment Paint Colour Repair (Cream)
Offered by The Scratch Doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good results, 7 Nov. 2013
Our cream leather settee had some largely cosmetic damage on the seats were 8 or 9 years of continuous use had caused some damage to the surface coating and the natural colour of the leather was showing in places. A single application of this pen rendered these damaged areas practically invisible on casual inspection. Admittedly it's only a couple of weeks since the application but the pen appears to have worked well and they are not, as yet, reappearing. I suppose that we were fortunate in obtaining a good colour match which I would guess is the biggest hurdle but on the basis of our experience to date I would certainly recommend this pen.

The Muvipix.com Guide to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12: The tools, and how to use them, to make movies on your personal computer using Sony's amazing video editing program
by Steve Grisetti

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Helpful Manual, 20 Sept. 2013
I found the digital manual provided with the software and the tutorials and online help rather irksome. I am not a novice when it comes to video editing and I have used various packages over the years. This book is thoughtfully put together, readable, easy to follow and contains many useful hints and tips. It is certainly the case that my editing sessions have gone far more smoothly with fewer frustrations since I've had this publication at my elbow. If you're one of those people who prefers a book to on-screen help this is for you. It's pitched at a level which will be useful to all but the most adept. I am now contemplating buying its sister publication which deals with Sony DVD Architect Studio.

TomTom 6 inch Comfort Case for START 60
TomTom 6 inch Comfort Case for START 60

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides adequate protection., 20 Sept. 2013
The START 60 fits snugly into this case together with the connecting lead and appears to offer reasonable protection against pressure and impact (though for obvious reasons I've not tried to drop it with the satnav inside). One small drawback is that the cigar lighter/USB adapter will not fit in as well unless you're prepared to struggle for a while and potentially risk damage to the equipment. It's about as compact as it could reasonably be for a satnav of these dimensions and for that reason occupies a sensible amount of room in the glove compartment when not in use. I'm sure there are cheaper, alternative solutions though I suspect that these are likely to be bulkier. I've been using it now for a couple of months and on balance I am pleased with the purchase.

The 99 Most Essential Relaxing Classics (Amazon Exclusive)
The 99 Most Essential Relaxing Classics (Amazon Exclusive)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful Compilation, 20 Sept. 2013
I purchased this to provide background music for camcorder footage from which I'd compiled videos. For this purpose it was ideal. Although I have yet to listen to all the tracks I've had at least a skirmish with most of them and find it very easy and relaxing listening. In terms of fidelity some tracks are inevitably better than others and the same is true of the arrangements but on the whole they are all quite acceptable. Most of my listening is through earphones attached to a reasonable quality soundcard on my computer. There is a wealth of good music here and the compilation represents superb value for money.

Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Ultra High Speed Memory Card 75MB/s Read 20MB/s Write with Komputerbay SD Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfied customer, 4 Jan. 2013
The memory card arrived promptly and went immediately into my Samsung Galaxy Note where it was instantly recognised and since then, has performed faultlessly.

iBoutique Retractable IB64GUSB2 64GB USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive - Jet Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Update, 20 Oct. 2012
Although I have owned this 64 GB flash drive for only a short while and therefore cannot sensibly comment on its long-term reliability I have used it several times without any problem. It is well made, feels solid, easy to grip because of its textured rubberised finish and the cap fits tightly and is unlikely to fall off. I've used it, in the main, for storing photographs and high definition video and found no problem with its speed of transfer of data. The price too was very attractive for a device with this amount of storage.

20 September 2013.

I have been using this device on a regular basis for nearly 12 months now and it still performing well.

Page: 1 | 2