Profile for S. Bower > Reviews

Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Amazing, 4 Mar. 2008
[Forgive the pun]

I saw this in cinema and I absolutely loved it, I wanted to see it again even before the credits were rolling.

The songs were all amazing [although "Green Finch and Linnett Bird" couldn't really be classed as amazing] I rushed out and bough the excellent soundtrack which i'm listening to even as I write this, and have been doing for weeks.

The only problem with the film was Anthony who irritated me no end, but I can put up with it for the rest of the amazing film!

Buy it, I know I will be, it won't disappoint!

Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber Of Fleet Street
Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing film, amazing soundtrack, 30 Jan. 2008
I was mesmerised by the film when I saw it and the music is excellent!

Helena Bonham Carter a particular stand out.

When the Wind Blows
When the Wind Blows

4.0 out of 5 stars When the Wind Blows, 4 Jan. 2008
This review is from: When the Wind Blows (Paperback)
I must admit, after the amazing "Maximum Ride" series, reading this I was hugely disappointed.

It has no real pace, but it was still enjoyable, nonetheless.

I wouldn't recommend this really, but I'd definitely recommend the Maximum Ride books.

Eldest
Eldest
by Christopher Paolini

2.0 out of 5 stars Eldest, 2 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Eldest (Paperback)
All of the one star reviews summed this up pretty well.

Well, it wasn't too bad... but certainly not deserving of any higher than three stars, let alone full five.

Considering i read three books a week on average, I was hugely disappointed, and took ages to finish coz i would rather have slept than read it!

IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I know many of you have complained about the length of this book...

well, Paolini has stated that the third is too long and there will be a fourth to the trilogy.

I hear you all sigh...

And the third, still unnamed (rolls eyes), isnt out till late next year.

Honestly, he may be new to this, but to take three yearsish writing a book that frankly isnt great... Hurry up Paolini.

CHERUB: Mad Dogs
CHERUB: Mad Dogs
by Robert Muchamore

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Dogs- Another fantastic read, 6 Oct. 2007
This review is from: CHERUB: Mad Dogs (Paperback)
Since buying the first book of the CHERUB series, ive absolutely fell in love with it!
Muchamores writing is exciting and well paced and you are bored. Indeed, when i put the book down in order to go out, i would often think about how much i wanted to come back and read it.

Whereas i've found the CHERUB books to drop in style during the middle of the series, this book is certainly one of the best of the series, along with The Recruit and Class A.

A must read for teens and adults alike- you'd be mad not to read it!

Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride Childrens Edition)
Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride Childrens Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximum Ride 2, 30 Sept. 2007
I absolutely adore this series, and this book was no dissapointment.
It was so excellent that I read it in a day!

Its full of Action, Mystery and pure comedy.

Easily my 3rd favourite book series (beaten only by The Guardians of Time trilogy and the CHERUB series)

Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ! Maximum Ride, 30 Sept. 2007
In reply to many of the comments i've read, THERE WILL BE A 4th BOOK!

Checkout www . maximumride . com if you don't believe me!

On to the review...
When i first picked up the first book i couldnt put it down.
I read the second and this one in a day. These books are so amazing!
The use of teenage language makes it better imo because you can relate to the characters easier.

Buy these books and you wont be disappointed.

Desperate Housewives - Season 3 [DVD]
Desperate Housewives - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Teri Hatcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperate Housewives- Desperate for more!, 3 Sept. 2007
Desperate Housewives is, without a doubt, the best show on television!

With witty, loveable characters and fantastic storylines, Desperate Housewives will certainly leave you desperate for more!

This Season, certainly better than Season 2 but not as strong as the first, is absolutely amazing as per usual, and contains potentially the best DH episode to date, episode 7 "Bang!" where there is a phenomenal hostage scene in the supermarket.

Sadly, due to Marcia Cross's pregnancy (with twins), she was absent for many of the last few episodes, and she was sorely missed. However, seeing Edie in more depth was certainly a pleasure!

Along with Lost and Ugly Betty, I will definitely getting this DVD!

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
Offered by Game Dealz

3.0 out of 5 stars Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, 3 Sept. 2007
I have mixed opinions regarding this game.

The wide extent of mini games is truly amazing and they are all, generally, quite fun and exceedingly crazy (these range from picking someones nose to saving a falling woman, from driving a car to jumping and ducking on assault courses) although playing this game non stop for a while may get pretty boring.

The games also make FANTASTIC use of the unique Wii controls, from holding it atop your head, to twisting it as if it was a steering wheel.
There are around 15 different ways of holding the remote, which is what tempted me to give the game 4*s.

However, the great ways of holding the Wiimote is absolutely ruined by the explanations for each way of holding it. A rather droll monotonous voice wastes two minutes by talking complete rubbish about how you should hold it. This really annoys me with the game.

Also, there is no apparent story line to this game. There are some different rather farfetched mini video clips about a few different characters, however they are exceedingly useless.

Luckily, I got this game free from a friend. However, having the chance to play it, I am glad I didnt pay for it.

£30 seems far too steep for the title. Although there are a wide range of minigames, the lack of a point to the game makes it only really worth £20-25.

Ugly Betty - Season 1:  The Bettified Edition [DVD]
Ugly Betty - Season 1: The Bettified Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ America Ferrera
Offered by wmdservices

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugly Betty, 3 Sept. 2007
When I first saw the adverts for this, i was very sceptical.
However, i started to watch it and thank god i did!
It is, without a doubt, one of the best shows on DVD, beaten only by my personal favourites Desperate Housewives and Lost.

Not only is the show fantastically written and down right hilarious, but there are few characters who you can dislike! I am stuck in picking a favourite as they are all so good.

There are the different relationships between the characters which are loveable and entertaining to watch, and there comes a twist at every corner.

Not only all this, but the final five minutes make watching the whole show worthwhile. It truly will leave you with your mouths hanging open and tears rolling down your face, screaming for a second season.

Absolutely worth the money, I cant wait til September 24!

Page: 1 | 2