Profile for Anton > Reviews

Content by Anton

Anton

Oregon Scientific BAR218HG Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermo Hygrometer with Bluetooth Connectivity - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate temperature reading and poor after sales, 26 Jun. 2014
I bought the BAR218HG directly from Oregon and not via Amazon. I'm not happy with the product or the after sales service from Oregon. The weather station doesn't give an accurate temperature reading. Even when compared with the outside sensor it was inaccurate by around 0.6 degrees. In addition the link with my iPhone has to be reconnected each time the phone goes to sleep. I returned the first product asking for a replacement or refund. Without checking which I wanted, they sent me a replacement. The replacement is also inaccurate (although slightly less than the original) so I again asked for a refund. This time I was told I was beyond the 14 day return period even though I asked for a refund one day after receiving the product. They also said that it is normal for the product to have an inaccurate reading of up to +/- 0.7. Not a company I will do business with again.

Cathedral A4 Laminator with Jam Release
Cathedral A4 Laminator with Jam Release

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 7 Dec. 2013
Just used the laminator to do about 30 A6 cards. This is the first time I've used it and I found it was simple to use and laminated perfectly. No bubbles, no problems, no complaints. On first usage happy to recommend it.

Kuan's Wonderland
Kuan's Wonderland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 2 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Kuan's Wonderland (Kindle Edition)
Although I found the beginning of the book a bit slow to engage me, it wasn't long before I was gripped by it. Tam has created an extraordinary world and a story line which makes the book a delight to read. The plot is full of action and constant surprise. But more than that, there is a depth to the book and a clear moral and political challenge for each of us to consider.

In short a very enjoyable, stimulating and worthwhile read.

New English File: Pre-intermediate Student's Book: Student's Book Pre-intermediate lev
by Clive Oxenden

4.0 out of 5 stars MultiRom on Macs, 19 Jan. 2012
As with other OUP EFL books, Solutions is an excellent book. However, their MultiRom only works with Mac OS up to 10.6. There is no support for 10.7 (Lion) and OUP tell me that they have no plans to change this. So in effect OUP have abandoned Mac users unless you want to stick to using an old version of the Mac OS. Sad that an excellent company such as OUP should be so shortsighted.

Black Sinjimoru SyncStand Dock Cradle, holder iPhone 4, 4S, 3G, 3GS, and iPod
Black Sinjimoru SyncStand Dock Cradle, holder iPhone 4, 4S, 3G, 3GS, and iPod

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but ......, 9 Aug. 2011
As other reviews have said, this is a well designed and stylish product. But the blurb says it works with your original iphone cable. In my case, my iphone 3g cable was slightly too big for the holder. I tried cutting the cable down to size, as one other reviewer suggested, but I still couldn't get it to fit and only succeeded in massacring my cable. There is no info available from the supplier, manufacturer or Amazon to tell you exactly which cable does work with it although my understanding is that the latest Apple cables do work with it. The manufacturers FAQ page on their website does not refer to the problem (or solution). I am hanging onto the stand in the hope that I can find the correct cable for it but if you are expecting a hassle free, out of the box, stand that does exactly what it says, then unfortunately this is not the device for you.