Profile for Michael I. Collett > Reviews

Content by Michael I. Collett

Michael I. Collett "Beastmaster" (Bearwood, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Manco Diablo
Manco Diablo
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars KOTS are back!, 21 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Manco Diablo (Audio CD)
After a hot and soul destroying day at work what a nice surprise to find this CD waiting on my doormat...... KOTS are back!
I can now give my battered copies of Dandelions and Blowzy Weirdos a well deserved rest.

This is everything I wanted the new KOTS album to be. A beautiful, swaggering noise.
After only two listens it is too early to confirm favourite tracks, however 'Bonfire Of The Controllers' has raced into an early lead.

I hope a tour follows so I can see this fine band live again, buy a tshirt and say thanks in person.

High five CK et al!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Book of Fragments and Dreams
The Book of Fragments and Dreams
by Rebecca McManus

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a wonderfully thought provoking mix of short, 30 Mar. 2017
This book is a wonderfully thought provoking mix of short, sweet and creative observations by Rebecca.

The introduction (by Cathy, Gez and Hannah) sets the scene for this collection beautifully. Their descriptive adds a poignant backdrop so as celebrate Rebecca's words all the more.

The book is also beautifully published, well presented and is a lovely thing to own.

Black Biker Scooter Rock Goth Trades Mens Heavy Duty 2" Wide Braces
Black Biker Scooter Rock Goth Trades Mens Heavy Duty 2" Wide Braces
Offered by taffymorgans

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant braces., 21 Dec. 2016
Great product. I am a big hairy bear at 6' 3" and 18 stone and they fit perfectly. I use them to keep motorbike overtrousers up. It is so nice to no longer have the trousers fall down in public. Highly recommended .

Head Carrier
Head Carrier

4.0 out of 5 stars A grower...., 3 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Head Carrier (Audio CD)
Hands up.... I struggled on the first listen.
However, if any band can demand that you show some listening dedication, it is The Pixies.

After a fourth airing I found the tunes came together nicely and I now enjoy it immensely.

I cannot award it five stars as that would disrespect 'Doolittle' or 'Surfer Rosa'.

Equally, no Pixies album can ever deserve 3 stars or below.

So..... four stars it is.

The Hanging Room
The Hanging Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! "You ain't the rebel baby, 4 July 2015
This review is from: The Hanging Room (MP3 Download)
Quite literally stumbled across this band during a Facebook mooch. Had to buy album after hearing samples as it grabbed me by the ears demanding attention. Awesome!

"You ain't the rebel baby, you're the cause......".

Yessss!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2016 11:14 AM BST

Dark Matter / Dark Energy
Dark Matter / Dark Energy

5.0 out of 5 stars I will not insult the fine music journalism of John Robb by trying to invent ..., 23 Jun. 2015
This album is stunning. I will not insult the fine music journalism of John Robb by trying to invent new buzzwords or clever descriptives. It is simply stunning. I adored 'The Universe...' prior to purchasing and the rest of the album is all I hoped for. As I write this review, I am gleefully nodding to 'In The Graveyard'. What a beautiful noise. Thank you Membranes!

3x plastic thumb picks / plectrums for Banjo or guitar
3x plastic thumb picks / plectrums for Banjo or guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick of the bunch., 30 Oct. 2013
Cracking set of picks. Only problem with product is that it doesn't teach me how not to play bum notes.

NEW MOON
NEW MOON
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: NEW MOON (Audio CD)
This is a stunning album. Their best one yet by far..... Buy it, turn up the volume and bathe in its beauty.

5-4-3-2-1 Perhaps?
5-4-3-2-1 Perhaps?
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars I salute thee Snuff, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: 5-4-3-2-1 Perhaps? (Audio CD)
I have marvelled at these beautiful noise merchants since 1990ish. Granted, this album doesn't quite make me feel like I did hearing the song 'Not Listening' for the first time all those years ago, but my word this lot are consistently good.
I shall not write a longer review as to be totally honest, I have a cat sleeping on my lap and typing is awkward. However this album is a great way to initiate new followers whom I hope will move on to discover the previous Snuff treasures. Loud and excruciatingly harmonic. I want to tell the world "I have a mancrush on Snuff!!!"

Please buy.

Orphaned Files
Orphaned Files

5.0 out of 5 stars Venerated Utterly...., 4 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Orphaned Files (Audio CD)
Would it appear sycophantic and with agenda, if i said this CD has made my 2009 so far?
I cannot fully express how much i love this band. The music of Charley Keigher et al came to me at my most musically vulnerable in the late 80's (my sixties), and i have not felt as passionate about a band since.

The whole CD is a musical masterpiece, especially the superb Virgin Mary/One Trick Fairy and Losing Ground.

Please, please, and pretty please with sugar on top, go and discover the bands previous albums (Barbarous English Fayre, Dandelions and Blowzy Wierdos).

The world has never needed KOTS more than it does now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2012 12:51 PM GMT