Profile for T. Graham > Reviews

Decemberunderground
Decemberunderground
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars the seeds of change in AFI?, 31 May 2006
This review is from: Decemberunderground (Audio CD)
I personally couldn't wait for AFI's lastest release after their three year absense and I really wanted to hear how they had changed- and boy have they!

From the opening to the ending, what you are hearing is a new, more mature AFI with Daveys vocals showing an definite improvement from before, don't get me wrong, I have always loved his voice but now it sends shivers down my spine because of its richness.

The tracks range from their more "classic" style to 80's(ish) synthpop but the writing and instrumentation are as sharp as ever.

When I first listened to it, I wasn't sure because it was so different to previous albums and I have read reviews where fans are criticising it for being too mainstream but in my opinion, it is an album that has to be approached with an open mind and may take a few listenings to get used to but is worth the effore and cash.

I'm sure it will become a five star album soon enough

by the way, I have been a fan of AFI for seven years and have all the albums from "shut your mouth"