Profile for Jude Faulkner > Reviews

Content by Jude Faulkner
Top Reviewer Ranking: 957

Jude Faulkner

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Incubation (The Incubation Trilogy Book 1)
Incubation (The Incubation Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 20 Oct. 2017
At first reading I was getting a bit tired of how useless the main 3 characters in the book were. At about the halfway mark, it became obvious that their uselessness was part of their struggle and then they were being taught how to look after themselves. Liked the original storyline and although the book left on a cliffhanger, I'm just not sure if I will buy the next in the series.

The Gift: The Butterfly Effect, Book 1.
The Gift: The Butterfly Effect, Book 1.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me I'm afraid, 20 Oct. 2017
Teen book really and not my cup of tea. Didn't like the story.

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (SM-J530F)
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (SM-J530F)
Offered by Power Tech Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for price as long as you are not used to higher end phones., 20 Oct. 2017
I bought this phone as an 'interim' one in between sending back a new faulty Note 8 and deciding on what I would get as a long term replacement. It's a very good phone for day to day usage and is easy to use as the bottom middle button saves all of the side pressing to start phone up or get back out of apps. No fingerprint sensor etc but wouldn't expect that at this price. Nice to have a normal headphone jack. Looks as good as my son's Galaxy S6 with nice metal casing. Where it let's itself down however is in the camera and the battery life. I am so used to high end phones with excellent cameras I found the camera to be very poor. OK for a quick snap but couldn't focus much when I was in shade or later at night. Pics half decent if focusing lens for a long time before taking pics but no stabilising feature. Pics very bad if I tried to take screenshot pics of pc screen or other mobile screens. I suppose if you are used to poorer cameras it won't seem like a big issue but the camera editing software is also very basic. Battery ran out very quickly (by about 5 every day with hardly any usage) and if I used the installed Samsung Health, battery drained away in front of my eyes. It has been a good phone for calls, texts and internet access but I am not keeping it now my new Huawei has just been delivered. Even as a spare I think I would struggle after being used to better phones and software.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2017 9:23 AM BST

Huawei Mate 9 (grey) unlocked
Huawei Mate 9 (grey) unlocked
Offered by FONOGRAM

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good phone., 20 Oct. 2017
Always had a Galaxy Note since the range began and pre-ordered/bought one this year (Note 8) direct from Samsung under their payment scheme. It was so bad it went back after 5 days as I seemed to have got a very, very duff one. I have spent 6 weeks looking at various phones to replace the Note (albeit without the S pen) and bought a Samsung J5 just until I found a larger screened phone. The J5 camera is pants and I wanted to make sure a good camera was in whatever 'phablet' sized phone I bought. This Huawei fits the bill perfectly. Mid range price, large screen, much better battery life than I was getting with my old Note 5 and the newer Note 8. The camera for me is right up there with my previous Samsung phones. Nice feel to this Huawei and the metal casing feels premium. In the box was also a phone rear case which is unusual nowadays. Performance is very fast and good and I have been able to download Samsung apps (Like Health etc) onto this phone. I am very impressed with this phone and will consider another Huawei on my next upgrade. It would have got 5 stars but was let down with the amount of bloatware on it I had to uninstall.

Dr Who Regenerations T-shirt Mens Comedy Tee Mashup T Shirt Black ScreenPrinted Design All Sizes (3XL)
Offered by Bedford ScreenPrint

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Oct. 2017
Bought the 3xl for a relative's birthday. He's very pleased with this tee shirt and wore it from very early to very late on his birthday. Nice quality as well. Came within a couple days as well.

soundmae Kindle Paperwhite Case, Slim Delicate Designs Magnetic Closure Smart Sleep/Awake Case Cover For Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (6-inch All Version 2012, 2013, 2014, All-New 2015), Tribal Totem
Offered by soundmae

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and looks lovely on, 16 Oct. 2017
I have a finte case already and although I love it, it has gotten marks inside the front cover really easily and I can't scrub the dirt off the suede effect. This case is just as robust as my other case and it is dark grey inside so won't show and scuff marks. Very good price and lovely pattern. I can't see dark-coloured cases very well inside my handbag what with purse, mobile etc so this sandy colour shows up really well when I open bag up.

The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele Book 1)
The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and original story, 11 Oct. 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. A bit of a different story and well written.

Toy Story
Toy Story
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good movie, 11 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Toy Story (Amazon Video)
Bought as a 48 hour rental as 3.5 yr old grandson staying over. Always guaranteed to keep kids happy.

121AV - Replacement Remote Control 043A55656W080 For BUSH LCD TVs
121AV - Replacement Remote Control 043A55656W080 For BUSH LCD TVs
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Good seller, 11 Oct. 2017
Mine did not work. Returned and seller refunded asap.

Meliconi 458100 Remote Control Holder - Black
Meliconi 458100 Remote Control Holder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 11 Oct. 2017
By the time we had bought a soundbar, dvd player, amazon tv and home cinema, we had remote controls all over every surface in the living room. This holder contains the 4 large and 2 smaller remotes we have and they are nice and neat. No more hunting around for each manufacturers remotes and it also turns round/swivels so kids can easily turn it. Best value gadget I have bought in ages. Bought a second one a week later for spare bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20