Profile for PamD > Reviews

London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
Offered by KG Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Chearful, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my 5 year old to help develop an interest in telling the time and also so he could see when it was a sensible time to get out of bed in the morning.

While the clock looks lovely and functions well I was a bit disappointed in its functionality as a time teaching aid. The big and little hands are very similar sizes and I feel the small white writing on the blue background is difficult to read when the clock is mounted at an average height on the wall.

Melissa & Doug Pirate Role Play Costume Dress-Up Set With Hat, Sword, and Eye Patch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 11 Feb. 2014
A really good quality well made dressing up outfit. I particulary like the fact that it comes with hat, sword and eye patch, which would normally have to be purchased separately with cheaper costumes. The one thing that lets this down is that it doesn't come with a bottom half but this is standard for all the Melissa & Doug costumes.

Leapfrog LeapReader Green
Leapfrog LeapReader Green
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Technology, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my four year old to help get him interested in words and reading. Unfortunately it hasn't really done the trick but I am not sure if that is just down to his temperament because I think the technology is brilliant.

The books are very interactive and you can use the reader to read them in a variety of different ways to help with word recognition, blending and just for pure entertainment. Most of the pictures can be clicked on to make noises or comments from the characters. There are also games and some songs contained within the books.

The book that comes with it is pretty rubbish - its basically just a big advert for all the other books and writing paper you can buy. If you buy this for a child I definately recommend buying one of the books or activity sets at the same time so they can get the most from it straight away.

I do think the RRP is quite expensive but I would say its a good purchase if you pay betwee £20 - £30. Please bear in mind that the books that go with this product are quite expensive which is the main reason I have only given it 4 stars.

Trademark Collections SPID001075 Spiderman Movie Backpack (Black)
Trademark Collections SPID001075 Spiderman Movie Backpack (Black)
Offered by A CHARACTER SHOP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, functions well, 11 Feb. 2014
My boy is really happy with this bag. He is a tall 5 year old and it is perhaps a little big for him but at least it save me buying a new bag next year.

Haven't had any issues with wear and tear and, after 6 months of use, it still looks like new.

A good purchase

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Transformers Rescue Bots Race to the Rescue (for LeapPad and Leapster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys Love It, 11 Feb. 2014
Of the leappad games I have puchased this is the closest to a ds game (think Super Mario) although it is also educational teaching about the weather, rescue services, maps etc.

My boys 4 and 6 really enjoy it.

If only more of the leappad games were more like this, (instead of still pictures with voice overs).

Don't think any of the leappad Apps/Games/Books are particulary great value but they are worth considering when half price. This is definately one of the more entertaining games and I would happily recommend it to parents who feel their children are too young for a more mainstream games console.

TOMY Screwball Scramble Game, Green
TOMY Screwball Scramble Game, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my 6 year old and both he and his 4 year old brother love it.

They are still mastering all the different elements and prefer to use it without the timer for now but it will provide an aditional challenge when they become more "expert". I can see lots of fun and family competitions ahead.

Such a pleasure to have a toy that entertains for so long without the use of a screen or a battery. Almost up there with lego!!

I would definately recommend this and have bought several for gifts for this age group.

Crayola - 24 Crayola Coloured Pencils
Crayola - 24 Crayola Coloured Pencils

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Bright, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Crayola (Toy)
I've had loads of cheap pencils in the past and the difference using these is noticable. The colours are much more intense, thay sharpen well and the lead doesn't keep breaking inside. I only wish I had bought the 36 pack.

GoKi Wooden Mosaic Circle Puzzle
GoKi Wooden Mosaic Circle Puzzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult, 11 Feb. 2014
This is quite a tricky puzzle and as far as I can work out there is only one way to do it.

I bought it for my four year old son and unless he has the picture in front of him he really struggles.

It is billed as "ideal for young children". I would say it is more for older children-adults. Maybe it is just me and there is more than one way to complete it (as I expected) but I think it is a toy he will need to grow into.

The quality is good and the price is fair for what you get.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked the 1st two, you will like this, 11 Feb. 2014
Very similar to the 1st two books which I loved.

I laughed out loud and cried.

Don't expect to have your mind blown by literary genius, or deep insights into the human psyche. It really is just more of the same, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Very enjoyable.

TOMY Pop-Up Pirate
TOMY Pop-Up Pirate

4.0 out of 5 stars 5-10 mins of fun, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: TOMY Pop Up Pirate (Toy)
I have a 4 year old and a 6 old who both like this game. Its enjoyable and a bit nerve wracking but will only keep them amused for 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

I play with them and use it to help with colour sorting and counting activities to make it more educational.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3