Profile for Oliver Gadsby > Reviews

Content by Oliver Gadsby

Oliver Gadsby (Britain, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Dog Dinners & Snake Wine: Breaking Bread & Convention in Southeast Asia
Dog Dinners & Snake Wine: Breaking Bread & Convention in Southeast Asia

5.0 out of 5 stars A window into the amazingly diverse world that is Southeast Asia!, 3 Nov. 2016
An incredibly enjoyable read!

Many fantastic tales, one amazing journey, this book will take you on a tour of pure eclectic wonderment into the bowels of Southeast Asia.
It was all too easy to get lost whilst reading this, I often found myself longing to witness these places myself and dip into the riveting cultures and experience just what the author is detailing, I must admit, I'm jealous.
Perhaps one day I shall, one day I may look back with gratitude after visiting these place myself but one thing is certain, this book would be going with me.

Faber-Castell TK9400 2mm 2B Clutch Pencil
Faber-Castell TK9400 2mm 2B Clutch Pencil

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous clutch pencil!, 26 July 2013
This clutch pencil is sleek, sturdy and very easy to maintain.
Through my years of sketching I've come across and used lets say about 10 other clutch pencil, by comparison this one beats each one hands down, I'm that pleased with it (Chambers buckle easily and mechanisms warp, this pencil is still top knotch).
Overall I recommend this pencil to amateur to seasoned artists aswell as those who still like the write in pencil, it's funny how much praise you can give a writing/drawing instrument but this one certainly deserves it.

Sandman
Sandman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic song, the rest of the album is equally as good!, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Sandman (MP3 Download)
What can I say? Buy the album and enjoy it :) Theo has a superb voice and like the first album his voice skillfully merges with the instrumentals, making for a more immersive sounding album in my opinion.

Neewer 40.5 - 58 mm Step Up Adapter Ring for Camera - Black
Neewer 40.5 - 58 mm Step Up Adapter Ring for Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly, 2 May 2013
I have no problems with this item, it works very well with my Samsung NX1000 when using an array of attachments (Wide angle, macro and many filters). To note, even when zoomed in fully the ring does not cut into the image which is fantastic!

Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test
Test Your Cat: The Cat IQ Test
by E. M. Bard

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty interesting and a great way to know you cat in furthered detail, 12 July 2011
Well the pages within the book are great in terms with layout and logic. I've only breifly tried it with my oldest male cat (Very clever Red tabby) and the explanation of each task is explained carefully without any blah-blah based jargon. Thumbs up for this great product!

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars It's brilliant! Atari always seems to do a very good job and I wish I had played sooner to be honest :), 25 Jan. 2011
I'll keep it short but the Graphics are Superb on the PS3, looks better then a lot of newer games and surprisingly without any 'have to install' moments (Hence the irritating loading times >_>). The lighting engine is great, Riddick feels really dynamic to control and the simple button, interface works exceedingly well, though pressing SQUARE for 'sneak mode' does seem a little daft. The AI isn't too bad, bearing in mind I'm only only playing Escape from Butchers Bay at this point and the Physics engine (Is it HAVOK?) is okay though you don't truly see it in action really. Animations are good and the voice acting is humorous. Overall, a great package, considering it hosts two great looking games on one disk, this is a perfect reason to give it a gander :)

Laser 2831 Welding Helmet With Lens
Laser 2831 Welding Helmet With Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore it!, 19 Jan. 2011
Sod welding! It's labour related purpose is dead! Aesthetics all the way ^ ^ I can 'weld' it's look with many things, creating a militaristic theme suitable for a steam-punk version of Ghost Recon xD Sorry, I'm an artist, just forwarding it's uses :) Very durable and the the adjustment settings are very well designed :)

Way of the Samurai 3 (PS3)
Way of the Samurai 3 (PS3)
Offered by Boomedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Great title, 19 Jan. 2011
Order and received it a while ago and I can easily say it the best samurai orientated game I've played. Buy it if your even a mild enthusiast of decent sword play and world-sim mechanics.

Silent Hill 2 (Original Game Soundtracks)
Silent Hill 2 (Original Game Soundtracks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 19 Jan. 2011
Come on, hence why it was used as the film's soundtrack, it gives out such a surreal ambience a sense of explorable horror yet on the flip side, it has the calming properties to make you fall asleep! Yes, it has occurred ^ ^ Easily in my top 10 soundtracks of all time.Silent Hill [DVD] [2006] - Silent Hill [Blu-ray] [2006]

Horror Triple ( Amityville Horror, Silent Hill, An American Haunting) [DVD]
Horror Triple ( Amityville Horror, Silent Hill, An American Haunting) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good selection :D, 19 Jan. 2011
Honestly, Silent Hill gives me serious goosebumps but a hell load (No pun intended ^ ^)of inspiration as an artist. It's not scary, just awfully eerie. I recommend Silent Hill and An American Haunting the most for their character. Great item, much appreciated.

Page: 1 | 2