Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Force of the Past
The Force of the Past
by Sandro Veronesi

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply my favourite book. Ever., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Force of the Past (Paperback)
The Force of the Past is an absolute gem. There's no two ways about it - Veronesi's prose is exquisite.

If you like Italian fiction, this is as good as it gets. Sandro Veronesi is now one of my favourite authors and I can't wait to read more.

Until the Whole World Hears
Until the Whole World Hears

3.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns Just Got Lazy..., 25 Nov. 2009
I can't believe I'm writing this review...but I feel so strongly about this album that I had too! I'm a big fan of Casting Crowns and there's been very little to find fault with in all their previous work. But 'Until The Whole World Hears' is a serious let down.

There's a couple of songs on the album that I like. If We've Ever Needed You is by far the best song on the album. To Know You is also getting there but the rest of the songs are poor to say the least.

Lots of generic, cliched lyrics and some very mediocre tunes are all this album has to offer. The biggest disappointments were the inclusion of two unoriginal songs (both of which are badly arranged) and a rehash of some old lyrics (an indication of a creative dry spell?). Casting Crowns seem to have lost their way with this one - the sensitivity of their previous songs is missing here ('Holy One' and 'Shadow of Your Wings' show experimentation with a new sound which just doesn't fit what Casting Crowns are about.)

Until The Whole World Hears lacks the spiritual depth and musical quality that we've come to expect from this great band. Definitely not worth the money so do yourself a favour - don't buy the album and just download 'If We've Ever Needed You'. That's the only song I'll be listening to again.

COULD DO BETTER!!