Profile for Shopgood > Reviews

Content by Shopgood

Shopgood (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Throne of Glass (5 Book Series)
Throne of Glass (5 Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 1 Mar. 2017
This series has it all. It's better than the Lord of the Rings in all sorts of ways. And it works up to its full scale gradually so that you don't realise how impressive the plot is until maybe the 3rd book. I can't wait for the next installment.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product - but is it worth the price?, 11 Oct. 2016
I love this stuff. It makes your skin feel so smooth and moisturised after you have used it. I was given some for a birthday present and I was going to buy a replacement but thought this was overly expensive. I looked on another website and found the same product for half the price, and with free delivery. I bought two and also got some lovely REN freebies. Don't waste your money buying from this supplier.

Dark Tomorrow (Bo Blackman Book 6)
Dark Tomorrow (Bo Blackman Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, as always, 25 Aug. 2016
Helen Harper is an auto buy for me. This is another great installment of the Bo Blackman series. The only downside is that I now have to wait for the next one. Five stars from me.

The Killing Floor Blues (Daniel Faust Book 5)
The Killing Floor Blues (Daniel Faust Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one so far in the series, 18 April 2016
I've enjoyed the Faust series a lot. I love the characters and Shaefer's take on magic. They are normally far paced but this one ratcheted the tension up from the very first page and I had to take a few breaks along the way because I was getting so involved in the story. I really had no idea how he going to get out of this one. Phew!

The Long Way Down (Daniel Faust Book 1)
The Long Way Down (Daniel Faust Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series. Give it a go., 18 April 2016
I rarely bother to write reviews but felt compelled to do so for this author. I've now read all those in the series so far and enjoyed every one. The characters and plotlines are complex and satisfying, and the work is well written and edited. Schaefer's Faust series is now an auto buy for me.

Gifted Thief (Highland Magic Book 1)
Gifted Thief (Highland Magic Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helen Harper is an auto-buy for me and this didn't disappoint, 17 April 2016
I love Helen Harper's world building. This is another excellent series and it is so nice to have a Scottish setting. So many self-published authors scrimp on proofreaders etc but you won't find any errors here. This is a high quality read in all respects.

Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone Book 1)
Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An artist at work, 7 Mar. 2016
I've just finished the fifth and final book in the story of Piper and Ash. Looking back to this first book, it is clear that we have a master story teller at work. The characters evolve over the books and you hardly notice, it is so beautifully done. Each book is a step in their journey. I now want to read them all over again.

I'd never read anything from this author before but was trying to fill in time before the next Ilona Andrews book was released. I'm so glad I gave it a go. She will be an auto buy for me now. I can't wait to hear more about Lyre.

Yield the Night (Steel & Stone Book 3)
Yield the Night (Steel & Stone Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good, 7 Mar. 2016
Just buy it and read it. You won't regret it.

Burn for Me: A Hidden Legacy Novel
Burn for Me: A Hidden Legacy Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Iona Andrews could write as fast as I read..., 28 Feb. 2015
I enjoyed it so much that I re-read it straight away. Great characters and imaginative world weaving. Can't wait for the next book.

The Curse Keepers (Curse Keepers Series, Book 1)
The Curse Keepers (Curse Keepers Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 Oct. 2014
I enjoyed the world and characters so much that I ordered the next two books - and they were just as good. Not happy that I have to wait until the next book is written. It will be an autobuy in future.

What I really liked is the take on a mythology that I haven't read much about before. I love the idea of the witness to creation, the son of the earth and the daughter of the sea. And of course, we have a very complicated dynamic relationship between our two lead characters.

This is a well plotted, well written book. I read a lot in this genre and can honestly say that they are not often as well crafted as this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5