Profile for bpr > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dunlop Biotec 500 Tennis Racket - Yellow/Black, 23 Inch
Dunlop Biotec 500 Tennis Racket - Yellow/Black, 23 Inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 6 years-old, 31 May 2013
He plays tennis at least 3 times a week. This racket is perfect for him. Only one downside: We had to add a new grip about 2 months after starting using it.

Columbia Women's Littlerock Sleeveless Shirt - Velvet Morning, Large
Columbia Women's Littlerock Sleeveless Shirt - Velvet Morning, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than expected, 12 May 2012
The product is great, but I bought my usual Columbia size and it is too big. I've made one of my friends very happy :)

Smart Games - Day and Night Wooden Brainteaser Game
Smart Games - Day and Night Wooden Brainteaser Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game even for 1'5 or 2 years old!, 11 Nov. 2011
I bought this game for my 1'5 and 5 years old kids. It is a bit too easy for the eldest, but I've seen some friends of his struggle with it (he must have a better sense of orientation or something like that). The little one just plays with the figures and tries to make towers, so she is not even using the challenges, but developing her hand-eye coordination. My son's teacher has seen it and already wants to buy it for her 3-6 y.o. class!

Only one thing that I don't like: The box has that big hole that makes it hard to keep the pieces inside and does not have any additional bag to store them.

The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers (Robert C. Martin)
by Robert C. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it to all my CS students, 31 Aug. 2011
I started this book without expecting too much from something that seemed to be somewhere between a biography and a technical book. By the time I was finishing, I was already recommending it to all my CS students.

The Black Hand Gang and the Treasure in Breezy Lake
The Black Hand Gang and the Treasure in Breezy Lake
by Hans Jürgen Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 4'5 y.o., 17 July 2011
My son and I are having a lot of fun with this book. The length of the written pages is exactly his attention span and looking for the clues in the drawing gives us the needed break before the next page. The clues are a bit hard for him to find, but he can manage with a little help. I'm already looking for similar books.

Steelsafe 250ml Non Spill Beaker (Green/Blue)
Steelsafe 250ml Non Spill Beaker (Green/Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Did not work at the beginning, 17 July 2011
This is my first review, where I gave it 1 star:

I got it yesterday, cleaned it and filled it with water. When the baby sucked and started crying, I tried the bottle myself. I can only get a couple of drops if I suck as strong as I can. Of course a 6mo baby cannot get anything! I'm very very very dissapointed :(

And this is the review two years later (sorry for the delay), where I updated it to 4 stars:

I discovered that the white plastic was blocked (not well cut). I cut it with a knife following the marks and it has worked perfectly well since I discovered that. I put the white plastic in the dishwasher every now and then, because it is difficult to wash by hand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2011 8:18 AM BST

Flip & Match Maze Craze! Write & Wipe (Flip & Match Write & Wipe)
Flip & Match Maze Craze! Write & Wipe (Flip & Match Write & Wipe)
by Brighter Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little maze lovers, 6 April 2011
Write & wipe + hundreds of combinations make this book a must for little (3-5 y.o. ) maze lovers. Have it in hand while dinner is being prepared, when visiting grandma, etc. Since they need to be concentrated, do not expect hours of peace in a single day, but a very-often-used book.

Clip Clue Puzzles Level A
Clip Clue Puzzles Level A

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not have a unique solution, 6 April 2011
I have some Logic Links books and puzzles to use with 5-8 y.o. students. This book was somehow disappointing because the left/right learning disappears and two solutions are possible. (B.T.W. the kids prefer the other one too).

Clouds (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 1 (Paperback))
Clouds (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 1 (Paperback))
by Anne Rockwell

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 8 Oct. 2010
My 3 y.o. son loves this book. We read it again and again. He has become aware of how clouds look like and whenever there is change in the weather, he notices it and runs to find out what kind of clouds are there in the sky.

English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Advanced
by Michael McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 8 Oct. 2010
I use this book for self study. There are lots of exercises (with answers). The verbs are useful in everyday life and not weird phrasal verbs that you know that you are never going to use (sometimes this happens with other books).

Page: 1 | 2