Profile for Ben mills > Reviews

Content by Ben mills

Ben mills

Severn Valley Railway (Train Sim Add On)
Severn Valley Railway (Train Sim Add On)
Offered by TastyMate

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to volunteer at SVR and can honestly say ..., 19 Nov. 2014
I used to volunteer at SVR and can honestly say that this is a faithful recreation. The stations lose a little detail in the rendering, but considering the age of this title and the limitations of computer memory and so on when this title came out, it is frankly a masterpiece.

The Borgias - Season 3 [DVD]
The Borgias - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons
Offered by MediaMerchants

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another series finale spolied by early cancellation..., 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Borgias - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst I love this series (Jeremy Irons is superb), it is yet another series I have come to love that has had its ending ruined by network execs pulling the plug early. Why can't they give the show makers more notice? At least that way they could do a re-write and tie things off properly.

Now I hear that they're going to release an eBook to finish off the plot threads - I don't want to read about it! I want to watch it. If I wanted to read about it I'd have bought a history book on the Borgias. I don't want historical accuracy - I want double-dealing and skulduggery from an excellent cast.

Brilliant third season, brilliant show overall - will be sadly missed in our household...